Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the Bengals win out?
(12-01-2016, 11:13 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote:

Rep!   ThumbsUp
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
To be honest I would love to see the bengals win out but I don't see it. Furthermore, this season is over. The only thing we are playing for is pride. Unfortunately, pride doesn't cut it anymore when you havent seen a playoff win in 4 score and 7 years. I hate saying this but I would rather take the losses and get higher picks. Mccarron will be traded before the draft to get more picks. Let's face it, we aren't going to trade or sign good free agents might as well get higher draft picks and hope we build on those and the current players without nugent of course. I hope Alexander, Pauline, and Kerry zampese all get the boot along with the clap
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 03:59 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Rep!   ThumbsUp

I was gonna rep that too.....then I realized the OP was on something a little stronger than Disco Dust.....like 4 way window pane or peyote.... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 04:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: I was gonna rep that too.....then I realized the OP was on something a little stronger than Disco Dust.....like 4 way window pane or peyote.... Mellow

I don't even know what "4 way window pane" is, but if it can make someone think the Bengals are going to win out then it makes coke look like Halloween candy for kids...

As to the original question, I think the Bengals probably have one win left in them this year.  I would like to say they are not going to be Cleveland's only win this year, but something tells me they lose that game.  Maybe they win this week?  At the same time, I think it is just as likely that they lose out.  And maybe, with some luck, that gets them into the Myles Garrett lottery so it would be a good thing.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 05:07 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I don't even know what "4 way window pane" is, but if it can make someone think the Bengals are going to win out then it makes coke look like Halloween candy for kids...

As to the original question, I think the Bengals probably have one win left in them this year.  I would like to say they are not going to be Cleveland's only win this year, but something tells me they lose that game.  Maybe they win this week?  At the same time, I think it is just as likely that they lose out.  And maybe, with some luck, that gets them into the Myles Garrett lottery so it would be a good thing.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=4%20Way%20Window%20Pane :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2016, 04:19 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I was gonna rep that too.....then I realized the OP was on something a little stronger than Disco Dust.....like 4 way window pane or peyote.... Mellow

I'm Rick James, *****! LMAO!!!!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
[Image: latest?cb=20160601234954]
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
This has to be the most disappointing season that I can remember. We've looked ugly in every game. I thought we looked pretty good in preseason. You can't totally give up on the season yet. Weird things happen, but it's a real longshot. Like others have said, we know they CAN win out, but they've done nothing to inspire our confidence that they WILL.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Yes, Cincinnati can win out and finish 8-7-1 which will likely win the AFC North -- if the defense can play out of their minds. For the Bengals to win out, that means at least one loss each for the Steelers, Browns, and Ravens. The Steelers, Browns, and Ravens have to play each other at least once which means the Steelers or Ravens will have at least one more additional loss. The Browns play the Steelers and Ravens a lot tougher than they play the Bengals so the AFC North may end up like:

Cincinnati 8-7-1
Baltimore 8-8
Pittsburgh 8-8
Cleveland 2-14

The wild card teams will come from the AFC West: Kansas City and Denver.
Reply/Quote
There's probably some sap out there who thinks the Bengals have a legitimate shot at the playoffs and a super bowl win. I don't happen to be among the uber optimistic delusional few, but more power to them. If that scenario actually plays out and our players get their first ever rings we had better demand congressional investigations into game fixing.  Oh wait..this congress?  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! If Vladimir Putin's face were carved into Mount Rushmore this congress would investigate why Andrew Johnson became president after Lincoln's assassination first and demand a recount.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Can they win out? Yes.

Will they? I honestly doubt it.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think even an infamous "Dead Cat Bounce" could get this team to string together victories, let alone win out.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
SO.....

If we win out and Pitt + Balt lose 3 out of their next 4-5, we win the North.

Balt plays New England. That's one right there. + They still play us and Pitt to end the season.

If Pitt loses to the Giants like they should, I woulldn't rule out the playoffs
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2016, 07:53 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: The Bengals are sitting at 3-7-1. 5 games left.

Eagles

at Browns

Steelers

at Texans

Colts

3/5 are home games. They should have the advantage in those. I want to be optimistic and say YES!

What do you think?

There's no way for us to beat all of those teams, especially since we only play 4 of the 5. Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 06:22 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: SO.....

If we win out and Pitt + Balt lose 3 out of their next 4-5, we win the North.

Balt plays New England. That's one right there. + They still play us and Pitt to end the season.

If Pitt loses to the Giants like they should, I woulldn't rule out the playoffs

According to ESPN's playoff machine, if we win the division at 8-7-1, there are multiple scenarios that give us the 3 seed!
Reply/Quote
It would be great, but I'd be happy just to see them beat Pittsburgh. And Cleveland, of course. That's a given. A loss to that team would be really depressing.
Reply/Quote
Win out? If they beat Cleveland next week, that would be the first consecutive victories this year..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 07:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Win out?  If they beat Cleveland next week, that would be the first consecutive victories this year..

Only takes 2 to be a streak!
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2016, 06:37 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: According to ESPN's playoff machine, if we win the division at 8-7-1, there are multiple scenarios that give us the 3 seed!

That would be insane if it happened. And if it happened and the Steelers/Ravens ended 8-8, you could thank the Bengal's defense for toughening up just enough to keep the Redskins game from getting away and somehow squeaking out a tie over there in London.
Reply/Quote
We have the Browns next week, so there's a great chance we'll be 5-7-1 heading into home dates with Pittsburgh and Baltimore. I guess anything is possible, but highly unlikely. Plus we need help from everyone playing the Steelers and Ravens.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote