Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can they all get 1,000?
Early in the off season, we had some posts about the potential for the three starting WRs to all get 1,000 yards during the regular season.

With three games to go, here is where they stand:

Ja'Marr Chase- 1038 yards

Tee Higgins- 835 yards

Tyler Boyd- 707 yards

I think Tee makes it no problem, and Boyd loves to beat the Ravens....one huge game from Boyd and it could get interesting.

To be clear, if the Bengals are up by 21 points, I don't want TB taking shots on the field. I want him healthy for the next game and, hopefully, the playoffs. However, it would be pretty cool to see.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nah, Boyd would need to average like 98 yards a game. He’ll probably come up a little short.

Tee should get it no problem. He would already be there if not for missing a couple games.

Reply/Quote
I think chase finishes with 1200/1300, Higgins with 1000/1100, and Boyd with 900
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 12:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah, Boyd would need to average like 98 yards a game. He’ll probably come up a little short.

Tee should get it no problem. He would already be there if not for missing a couple games.

I agree, however, if Boyd goes off against the Rats and has something like a 150 yard day, it could get interesting.  
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 12:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah, Boyd would need to average like 98 yards a game. He’ll probably come up a little short.

Agreed.

Unless he has 2 monster games, I feel Boyd will be in the mid-800s, while Higgins needs 55 yards a game to get it, so if he gets 1, 100 yard game, he'll need 25 in the other 2.

He'll reach it.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Boyd get most yards out of the remaining 3 games Teams are doubling Chase putting their best corner on Tee while Boyd continues to feast.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 12:30 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I think Boyd get most yards out of the remaining 3 games Teams are doubling Chase putting their best corner on Tee while Boyd continues to feast.

It's entirely possible.  I can even see a game where they just pound the ball with Mixon like they did in the middle of the season.  

I am still waiting for a Chris Evans big play.  He had a great TD against Detroit, but I am envisioning a drop off that he makes a house call.   
Reply/Quote
This just makes me wonder even more why the offense isn’t consistently good. (I know - blame Zac)

They have a really good QB and RB and the WRs group is as good as anyones. If they improve the O line this off-season and Zacs play calling improves then this offense should easily be top 5 with all the skill position talent they have.

I agree that Boyd will come up a little short but Tee will get to 1000+ yards.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 01:36 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: This just makes me wonder even more why the offense isn’t consistently good. (I know - blame Zac)

They have a really good QB and RB and the WRs group is as good as anyones.  If they improve the O line this off-season and Zacs play calling improves then this offense should easily be top 5 with all the skill position talent they have.

We are middle of pack around 15th in yards per game so getting 1,000 especially with 17 games and the era of a lot of passing yards etc is not really a major thing anymore... What the Bengals have done well is the big plays down the field, I believe we are 1st in NFL unlike last year.. kudos to Burrow and ZT for improving from last year in that area and Chase having a major impact on that theme
Reply/Quote
Anyone know last time 3 receivers did this? Maybe the Cardinals with Fitz, Brown and xxx or Tampa, colts or Denver?
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 12:13 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Early in the off season, we had some posts about the potential for the three starting WRs to all get 1,000 yards during the regular season.

With three games to go, here is where they stand:

Ja'Marr Chase-  1038 yards

Tee Higgins-      835 yards

Tyler Boyd-        707 yards

I think Tee makes it no problem, and Boyd loves to beat the Ravens....one huge game from Boyd and it could get interesting.

To be clear, if the Bengals are up by 21 points, I don't want TB taking shots on the field.  I want him healthy for the next game and, hopefully, the playoffs.  However, it would be pretty cool to see.

I want Burrow Taking shots all game. This is the game to pass.. I'd like to see a lot of Evans. The Packers did damage throwing to their RB...
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 12:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nah, Boyd would need to average like 98 yards a game. He’ll probably come up a little short.

Yeah, I just don't see it happening unless Burrow starts targeting Boyd all the time.

I say he gets to about 900-920 yds, Higgins should hit over 1k yards thought I would predict.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Boyd would have to average 98 yards the last 3 games and Higgins would have to average 55.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 02:01 PM)motoarch Wrote: Anyone know last time 3 receivers did this?  Maybe the Cardinals with Fitz, Brown and xxx or Tampa, colts or Denver?

I don't know if it was the last time it happened, but Denver did it in 2013 when Manning had 5000+ yards and 55 TDs.
Reply/Quote
Yes Boyd is a long shot at this point. I doubt he even breaks 900 unless he has a couple big YAC catches 50+

Sure would love to see it though.
Reply/Quote

Same, but Boyd has been hot lately and he is reliable unlike Chase with his hands. No drops this year last I checked.

Like seeing Higgins and Boyd coming on late when Chase has been dropping the ball, cannot only rely on Chase. This helps 
the entire Offense when we have others to rely on and then Chase is the bonus big play at any second.

Higgins will get 1000 yards no problem as you say. Could be on Sunday against the Rats.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 02:21 PM)Earendil Wrote: I don't know if it was the last time it happened, but Denver did it in 2013 when Manning had 5000+ yards and 55 TDs.

Who was it then? Decker, Thomas, and Welker?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 02:21 PM)Earendil Wrote: I don't know if it was the last time it happened, but Denver did it in 2013 when Manning had 5000+ yards and 55 TDs.

I don't believe this is correct..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2021, 01:36 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: This just makes me wonder even more why the offense isn’t consistently good. (I know - blame Zac)

They have a really good QB and RB and the WRs group is as good as anyones.  If they improve the O line this off-season and Zacs play calling improves then this offense should easily be top 5 with all the skill position talent they have.

The answer is already in there. Improved OL play allows for more success in the running game, less pressured throws from Burrow and overall that should equal fewer turnovers. 

That then turns into more consistency. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Here is the list if trios with 1,000 yards. Note that it is not always 3 WRs. Winslow was a TE and Metcalf a RB/WR.

1) 1980 Chargers. Kellen Winslow, Charlie Joiner, John Jefferson (Fouts).
2) 1989Redskins. Art Monk, Gary Clark, Ricky Sanders (Rypien/Williams).
3) 1995 Falcons: Eric Metcalf, Terance Mathis, Bert Enanuel (George).
4) 2004 Colts: Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokley (Manning)
5) 2008 Cardinals: Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, Steve Breaston (Warner)

11 instances of 900+ yard trios.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_1,000-yard_receiving_trios
Reply/Quote