Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can we now stop treating Steelers weeks like the Super Bowl?
(09-27-2021, 12:55 AM)Go Cards Wrote: I'm still running drunk and naked through the streets in celebration.

And writing posts from jail.. Well I am impressed.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:24 AM)Trademark Wrote: No, they owned us for years, time to enjoy payback

Agreed. Plus, does anyone think that the Ratbirds or the Clowns think of "Squealer Week" as "just another game?"
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 09:16 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I don't find anything wrong with that... I just think that we shouldn't feed their egos anymore by treating the game as "our Super Bowl."
I think the ULTIMATE insult would be to treat them as "just another game" or even "2 easy W's on the schedule."

Until we have sustained success, I think it'd be extraordinarily cocky to consider them 2 easy W's. That'd probably just make them laugh at us, not feel insulted. The truth is this team still has a lot to prove. To themselves, to the Steelers and to the rest of the NFL. In my opinion, we can talk about not celebrating our objectively important victories so much once we can actually do it consistently. Maybe a few playoff wins etc.
Reply/Quote
These people are the ones who keep touching hot stove tops in their 30’s.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Is Ben okay?

He was just falling down out there for no reason it seems.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 09:25 AM)grampahol Wrote: And writing posts from jail.. Well I am impressed.. lol

just dont ask where he was hiding his phone
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 09:46 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Until we have sustained success, I think it'd be extraordinarily cocky to consider them 2 easy W's. That'd probably just make them laugh at us, not feel insulted. The truth is this team still has a lot to prove. To themselves, to the Steelers and to the rest of the NFL. In my opinion, we can talk about not celebrating our objectively important victories so much once we can actually do it consistently. Maybe a few playoff wins etc.

Whether or not that "cockiness" would be justified isn't what I'm arguing.  What I'm arguing is just... not giving them the satisfaction of being "our Super Bowl."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 09:48 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: These people are the ones who keep touching hot stove tops in their 30’s.

HUH?  I'm afraid I'm going to need you to provide some context.  Who are "these people?"
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 11:41 PM)Tomkat Wrote: 2nd consecutive win over the Steelers, they're not world-beaters any more.  I think it's time for Steelers week to become "ho-hum"
Thoughts?

Duh

I think until we get to a Super Bowl, we need a Super Bowl week.  Wink

Hopefully, a real super bowl week is in our immediate future within the next few years
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Zac just earned a multi year extension yeah?

Do you think Mike Brown enjoys us beating the Steelers and ravens or the Browns more?
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 09:16 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I don't find anything wrong with that... I just think that we shouldn't feed their egos anymore by treating the game as "our Super Bowl."
I think the ULTIMATE insult would be to treat them as "just another game" or even "2 easy W's on the schedule."

Rivalries make sports more fun.  Every team has them.  This goes back 50 years.  It is a tradition.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 10:11 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Whether or not that "cockiness" would be justified isn't what I'm arguing.  What I'm arguing is just... not giving them the satisfaction of being "our Super Bowl."

Some one has never seen how Steeler fans act when they beat us.

They are not exactly "ho-hum" about it.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 10:14 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Zac just earned a multi year extension yeah?

Do you think Mike Brown enjoys us beating the Steelers and ravens or the Browns more?

All of them... but Browns most of all
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 11:41 PM)Tomkat Wrote: 2nd consecutive win over the Steelers, they're not world-beaters any more.  I think it's time for Steelers week to become "ho-hum"
Thoughts?

Not in this lifetime, this is a major rivalry game and always will be.  Sit back and take in some joy for crying out loud.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 10:14 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Zac just earned a multi year extension yeah?

While Bengaldom's biggest rival is no doubt the Stools in Pissburgh, MB still to this day has his biggest grudge against the Browns, and that will always be the case. Fired his Dad, kept the family name. That's gotta suck.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 01:27 AM)GodFather Wrote: It's Frank The Tank!!!!

BRING YOUR….GREEN HAT

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 10:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Not in this lifetime, this is a major rivalry game and always will be.  Sit back and take in some joy for crying out loud.

Oh, I'm loving it, for sure... I'm just trying to think of a way to "stick it to them" even a bit more.
Not giving them the satisfaction of being "our Super Bowl" was just my way of possibly doing just that.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 10:12 AM)Tomkat Wrote: HUH?  I'm afraid I'm going to need you to provide some context.  Who are "these people?"

The ones who think Cincy beating the Steelers 2x in a row means we’ve clearly surpassed them and they’re never to harry, vex, torment, taunt or harass us when we’re footballing again.

Reply/Quote
Nope. Even if we swept them twice a year for the next decade. All those cheap shots and shit they get away with has taken the “forgive and forget” out of me. I hate them with a passion.
Reply/Quote
Thoughts?

yup, go see my post a few days ago "Steelers week is WEAK". 
Time to start treating them like an insignificant piece of future road kill like they have been doing to us for many many yrs. 
Reply/Quote