Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Can we now stop treating Steelers weeks like the Super Bowl?
(09-27-2021, 11:00 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Nope. Even if we swept them twice a year for the next decade.  All those cheap shots and shit they get away with has taken the “forgive and forget” out of me. I hate them with a passion.

Yep, and pictures like this will never get old.... Dad's thinking "where will I ever get my self-worth this week"... Son's thinking "I wonder if Dad will stop by the mall so I can get a Patriot's hat"

[Image: 243029210_10159035850914681_126072918523...e=6175C42D]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 11:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, and pictures like this will never get old.... Dad's thinking "where will I ever get my self-worth this week"... Son's thinking "I wonder if Dad will stop by the mall so I can get a Patriot's hat"

“Sorry son. We can’t afford that on a bowling alley owner’s salary. Maybe for
Christmas.”
Reply/Quote
I really loved watching that lifeless last drive by Pitt, 4 straight drops by the receivers hearing footsteps...we were bringing the wood all day and I think they just had enough of the pounding...especially Harris ....Its a good thing he is a big back, he will be hurting today.
Reply/Quote
The Stealers.... currently 4th in the North!!!!
Reply/Quote
No, we cannot.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 10:55 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: The ones who think Cincy beating the Steelers 2x in a row means we’ve clearly surpassed them and they’re never to harry, vex, torment, taunt or harass us when we’re footballing again.

I never made that assertion.
My argument is... We should stop putting them up on a pedestal, and acting like it's some major accomplishment to beat them!
The ultimate diss would be to treat them as "just another team."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 11:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, and pictures like this will never get old.... Dad's thinking "where will I ever get my self-worth this week"... Son's thinking "I wonder if Dad will stop by the mall so I can get a Patriot's hat"

That's funny.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Not trying to minimize the Bengals victory, but it is just one win. We do play them again and I wouldn't just expect them to roll over and play dead. They did beat the Bills in Week 1 so they're not exactly the Jags. Tomlin won't forget it and Watt and Highsmith will be back for the next one.

It was a good win, but I don't think we're out of the woods just yet especially after that Bears game. We've got a lot of seriously difficult games on our schedule, but it was a move in the right direction.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 11:52 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I never made that assertion.
My argument is... We should stop putting them up on a pedestal, and acting like it's some major accomplishment to beat them!

I'm sorry, but how many 'other teams' collectively:

- Shredded our quarterback's knee in a playoff game and gave a game ball to the asshole that did it?
- Ran their thug coaches onto the field during a playoff game to assault and harass our players?
- Literally tried to twist off our QB's head?
- Cheap-shotted our punter, breaking his jaw, causing a vertebrae fracture and ending his season?
- Broke our linebacker's jaw?

I'm sure others can chime in with other anecdotes from over the years that currently escape me.  

Point is, as long as there is a Cincinnati Bengals and a Pittsburgh Steelers, it's gonna be personal for us and playing/beating them will always mean more than any other team.  

**** Pissburg, always and forever.  I hope yesterday ***** hurts them.  

Rant
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

It's not that it's a major accomplishment; it's that they're the ***** STEELERS.

Need I say it? **** the Steelers.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

I don’t put them on a pedestal. Quite the opposite. We’ve traditionally found ways to lose to both good and bad PIT teams. Lots of both. I don’t celebrate beating the steelers because I think they’re the reincarnate of the Patriots circa prime Brady/Belichik. I celebrate because I hate them, they’re in the division, and we seldom beat them.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:36 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote:  I celebrate because I hate them, they’re in the division, and we seldom beat them.

This.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:36 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: ...I celebrate because I hate them, they’re in the division, and we seldom beat them.

Fair enough.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 11:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They're our division rivals and probably our biggest rival. They owned us for 2 decades.

So no...I'm not going to downplay any wins over them. We owe them 2 decades worth of butt kickings in response.

I'll also say this: did Steelers fans care when we sucked and they were rubbing it in?

This...

And I'm not sure how many of us can honestly say they expected what happened yesterday.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 12:23 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I'm sorry, but how many 'other teams' collectively:

- Shredded our quarterback's knee in a playoff game and gave a game ball to the asshole that did it?
- Ran their thug coaches onto the field during a playoff game to assault and harass our players?
- Literally tried to twist off our QB's head?
- Cheap-shotted our punter, breaking his jaw, causing a vertebrae fracture and ending his season?
- Broke our linebacker's jaw?

I'm sure others can chime in with other anecdotes from over the years that currently escape me.  

Point is, as long as there is a Cincinnati Bengals and a Pittsburgh Steelers, it's gonna be personal for us and playing/beating them will always mean more than any other team.  

**** Pissburg, always and forever.  I hope yesterday ***** hurts them.  

Rant

After play was whistled dead and everybody was returning to their huddles. They went 5 to 7 yards out of their way to pick up Kenny Anderson and flip him upside down and pile drive him into the field head first separating his shoulder and 
ending Bengals season. Then stood over him laughing with his toothless grin as he writhed in agony. feel like it was Jack Lambert but can't recall exactly now.  

My hate for the steelers boiled over that day and has never cooled off. 

The most dirty and despicable play Ive ever seen on any field ever. In fact believe in the top 10 dirty plays I've seen in my life, the majority came from those punks and they celebrated each time like they had done something good and honorable.  

Them and their mullet headed fans can suck it as far as I'm concerned. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Treating it like Superbowl ? I dunno about all of that ?

But if we beat the Steelers by 50 points for the next 20 games in a row I'll be gloating just as much for the last one as yesterday.
Reply/Quote
Nope. I will celebrate every Steelers win like it’s 1999. Crime past experiences, Steelers will be back. They. Don’t stay. Down long
Reply/Quote
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTj9gmFa-PJoXjnpTI7kS4...M&usqp=CAU]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2021, 11:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No.

Every time we beat those assholes it’s special.

Exactly and what make it worse is because of all the sell ppl that are born and raised in Cincinnati but miss the Steelers ass. If you don’t like Cincinnati then move to Pittsburgh. I bet have of the ppl hat root for them doesn’t realize that they are in Pennsylvania. I’m from Petersburg VA and represent harder than some ppl from here. I have a home in Atlanta and I never seen a native of Ga root for the Saints.
Reply/Quote
Nope. I hope they never win another game. I hope they never so much as score another point. I hope they never gain another yard. I could go on...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote