Poll: Can we officially retire the B word?
Yes, We're in the Superbowl
No, We haven't won the Superbowl yet
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we officially retire the BWord?
Can we now officially retire the B word now that we've won Playoff/Divisional/Championship games?

Or do with have to win it all?

YOU decide!
Reply/Quote
I don't use it never have... only have heard it from opposing fans. I'd be disappointed if one of you said it
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
You never call a woman that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
What's wrong with broccoli?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
What word,, "BANGLES" ? Lol.

Idk why, but it irks me how many comentators and analysts pronounce it that way (Chris Simms is the worst).

Btw,, I know what Bword you actually meant, but I won't say it.
Reply/Quote
From a pragmatic sense let's look at it a couple of ways. If they win and continue to win for the next decade or so then absolutely..It'll be just a relic..
However, suppose they win tomorrow then follow it up by going something like 1-16 next year..In the second scenario I'll have zero problems with resurrecting the *bungles.. <--THERE! I said it.. Sue me..  Cool  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 11:54 AM)Bengal Billy Wrote: What word,, "BANGLES" ?  Lol.

Idk why, but it irks me how many comentators and analysts pronounce it that way (Chris Simms is the worst).

Tony Pike says Bangles all the time. Makes me crazy. I know it's just his accent but I still hate it.
Reply/Quote
When you get right down to it every team has some negative name, rat turds, squeelers, brown stains..We're about to play the Hollywierd hams..err rams.. You get the gist..  Bungles don't sound so negative in this context.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Have never used it, but if you want to ban it your gonna have to ban a certain GD poster who seems to think it's funny.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 11:54 AM)Bengal Billy Wrote: What word,, "BANGLES" ?  Lol.

Yes

It irks me to no end when commentators, media, talking heads and so on say Bang les Pissed

As for the B word it's already retired in my mind.
Reply/Quote
They did everything in their power to deserve that name. Bungles was actually a perfect name, and fans who can’t admit that are delusional.

The team was comically ran for 80% of 3 decades.

The owner, who by all accounts is one of the least successful professional owners in any major sport, also isn’t some beacon of execution.
Reply/Quote
I don't use it, but I retired long ago from advocating others not use it. I decided a while back to stop using nicknames for all NFL teams and just refer to them by their actual name, including the Browns. I hated giving that one up LOL

As to the word itself dying out, I know your question asks if "we" can stop using it, which I think is unlikely, but there's a chance. As to external usage, even winning a SB or two will not stop other fans from using it. People still call Denver the "donkeys" and many call the Chiefs the sound-alike name beginning with a Q, and those franchises have been successful of late. It will never die out in that respect, but I suspect we all know that.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 12:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes

It irks me to no end when commentators, media, talking heads and so on say Bang les Pissed

As for the B word it's already retired in my mind.

I'm missing something. I usually pronounce it like either BANGles or BENGals (kind of like Ben-gals). Somewhere in between. How do you guys pronounce it? 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 11:22 AM)bengals73 Wrote: Can we now officially retire the B word now that we've won  Playoff/Divisional/Championship games?

Or do with have to win it all?

YOU decide!

Man, why do you want BFine to retire?  
Reply/Quote
Did any see the Eric Dickerson interview this week? He said he'd always refer to them as bungles
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 12:52 PM)CincyDog Wrote: They did everything in their power to deserve that name.  Bungles was actually a perfect name, and fans who can’t admit that are delusional.

The team was comically ran for 80% of 3 decades.  

The owner, who by all accounts is one of the least successful professional owners in any major sport, also isn’t some beacon of execution.

Go back to Pissburgh.

Squealer.
Reply/Quote
The word has never been in my vocabulary.

Even during the tough times that's not an option.
Reply/Quote
It’s one word that actually angers me. I don’t say it and never have.

Reply/Quote
Such a sensitive group, the dalton and palmer ere bungled things up. Burrow has unbungalized this franchise.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 02:47 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: The word has never been in my vocabulary.

Even during the tough times that's not an option.

Only true bungholes used the word I feel like. 
Reply/Quote