Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian PM Justin Trudeau: Our Illegal Immigration Problem Is America's Fault
(05-04-2018, 03:07 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yes, it did. You said that almost 70% of illegal immigration occurs after immigrants come here illegally and said the border wall won't stop that. You make no mention of the other 30% of illegal immigration - a not insignificant number, BTW - and the effects the border wall would have on that 30%. Ergo, you're implying that the border wall is ineffective since it won't stop all of illegal immigration.

So you agree with Mike M that once we build the Mexican border wall there will be little need to do anything else to solve the immigration problem?

The Mexican border wall will be ineffective in fixing a problem when only 30% of the problem stems from illegal border crossings.

I don't see how you can disagree with this.
(05-04-2018, 03:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you agree with Mike M that once we build the Mexican border wall there will be little need to do anything else to solve the immigration problem?

I don't know if the border wall will be effective. I've not seen a compelling argument for or against. I personally lean towards it as it can't hurt to make it more difficult to cross illegally, but if it's too costly, I'd rather those funds go elsewhere.

(05-04-2018, 03:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Mexican border wall will be ineffective in fixing a problem when only 30% of the problem stems from illegal border crossings.

But if the border wall is effective in fixing 30% of the problem (and I'm not saying it would), why would you be against it unless you are only interested in solutions that are 100% effective?
[Image: giphy.gif]
(05-04-2018, 04:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: But if the border wall is effective in fixing 30% of the problem (and I'm not saying it would), why would you be against it unless you are only interested in solutions that are 100% effective?

I am opposed to the wall because I don't see how it will fix anything and it will cost billions of dollars.  All it takes is a ladder to get over a wall.  We will waste billions of dollars on something that will not fix anything.

Still don't know why you are snapping at me when Mike M was the one who was wrong.
(05-04-2018, 04:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't know if the border wall will be effective. I've not seen a compelling argument for or against. I personally lean towards it as it can't hurt to make it more difficult to cross illegally, but if it's too costly, I'd rather those funds go elsewhere.

But if the border wall is effective in fixing 30% of the problem (and I'm not saying it would), why would you be against it unless you are only interested in solutions that are 100% effective?

At what cost? Would you spend 50K to put a new engine in your 2007 ford explorer?
(05-04-2018, 05:27 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: At what cost? Would you spend 50K to put a new engine in your 2007 ford explorer?

What??  You only equate the value of living in America to that of a 2007 Explorer?  Or are you trying to say that our border security is so lax and outdated that we should scrap the whole thing and spend even more billions on a shiny, brand new border security system?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23