Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian PM Justin Trudeau: Our Illegal Immigration Problem Is America's Fault
https://www.dailywire.com/news/30169/canadian-pm-justin-trudeau-our-illegal-immigration-emily-zanotti

So they Expect us to take all these third world people. Must be nice having us on your southern border.

I wish we had a decent country on our southern border.

All jokes aside, isn’t this just an example of we want to take everyone but we have our limits..... if Canada can do this certainly we should as well.

Quote:Canadian PM Justin Trudeau: Our Illegal Immigration Problem Is America's Fault
If only America would better enforce their own immigration laws!

Emily ZanottiMay 2, 2018

Photo by Arindam Shivaani/NurPhoto via Getty Images
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau echoed a complaint made over the weekend by members of the Canadian government, claiming in a speech Wednesday that Canada's sudden uptick in illegal immigration — something the country cannot handle — is all America's fault.

Trudeau was asked during a speech to Parliament how he plans on handling the massive influx of illegal immigrants into Quebec. In the last two years, record numbers of amnesty-seekers have flooded across the border from upstate New York, requesting asylum from the Canadian government. Since Canada, by law, must give each immigrant a trial, some illegals are being allowed to stay in Quebec for as long as two years while they wait to be processed.

Canadian officials can't tolerate the burden and they wanted answers from the man who once tweeted that Canada welcomed any and all immigrants with open arms.

Trudeau's response was epic, per Reuters: "Trudeau said his government had been in contact with American counterparts 'for months' on 'many issues relating to our border.'"

Those negotiations — and it's questionable, according to some members of Parliament, whether there have been any official talks — center around whether the United States can improve its vetting process for those seeking travel visas, particularly if those applicants are from West African nations.

Canada is also trying to renegotiate the Safe Third Country Agreement, which requires immigrants passing through official U.S.-Canadian border crossings to apply for asylum in the country they first landed in. Canada wants to reword the agreement so that any immigrant crossing into Canada anywhere across the several-thousand-mile border must apply to the United States for asylum.

In other words, they'd like to enforce a "virtual wall" along their own southern border.

The United States told Reuters that they are considering Canada's proposal, but haven't made up their minds yet. Part of that problem may be that Trudeau was clear when President Donald Trump first spoke about his stricter immigration policies that Canada would be more than willing to take in any immigrant that couldn't find a place in the United States.
So this....."Trudeau said his government had been in contact with American counterparts 'for months' on 'many issues relating to our border.'" means "It is all Americas fault!"

Is this supposed to be some kind of joke?

Is the Daily Wire turning into The Onion?
Canada should make us pay for a border wall!
(05-03-2018, 08:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: Canada should make us pay for a border wall!

Once our Southern border is shored up, their would be little need for a Northern wall.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-03-2018, 07:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Once our Southern border is shored up, their would be little need for a Northern wall.

The only way to secure that thing may be to enter Mexico, if democrats are going to block the wall and common sense reforms to the immigration policy. It’s getting time we treat Mexico like our North Korea.
(05-03-2018, 07:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Once our Southern border is shored up, their would be little need for a Northern wall.

*sigh*

Sixty to seventy percent of our illegal immigrants come here legally.  The wall will not stop this problem.

I have only told you guys this about 100 times. What does it take for the truth to bust into that echo chamber where you all live?
(05-04-2018, 11:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: *sigh*

Sixty to seventy percent of our illegal immigrants come here legally.  The wall will not stop this problem.

I have only told you guys this about 100 times. What does it take for the truth to bust into that echo chamber where you all live?

Which is exactly why we need a better immigration policy. Which Trump and his people have been trying to get moving.
(05-04-2018, 12:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Which is exactly why we need a better immigration policy.  Which Trump and his people have been trying to get moving.

If you mean complaining about a wall that won't do anything and trying to ban Muslims, yes...Trump is "trying".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-04-2018, 12:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: If you mean complaining about a wall that won't do anything and trying to ban Muslims, yes...Trump is "trying".

There has never been or any attempt made to ban Muslims.

That’s just more nonsense and lies from the open borders crowd.
(05-04-2018, 01:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There has never been or any attempt made to ban Muslims.

Or just Trump's words.  Mellow
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-04-2018, 11:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: *sigh*

That's right, guys. If the solution doesn't solve 100% of the problem, then it's not worth doing! Mellow
(05-03-2018, 07:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Once our Southern border is shored up, their would be little need for a Northern wall.

(05-04-2018, 02:15 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's right, guys. If the solution doesn't solve 100% of the problem, then it's not worth doing! Mellow

Not sure I understand your position Phil.  Are you agreeing with Mike M?  Or do you think a major portion of the problem will not be fixed by the Mexican border wall?
(05-04-2018, 01:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There has never been or any attempt made to ban Muslims.

December 8, 2015: On MSNBC:

Quote:Geist: Donald, a customs agent would then ask a person their religion?

Trump: That would be probably—they would say, “Are you Muslim?”

Geist: And if they said, “Yes,” they would not be allowed in the country?

Trump: That’s correct.

March 9, 2016: On CNN:

Quote:I think Islam hates us. There is something – there is something there that is a tremendous hatred there. There’s a tremendous hatred. We have to get to the bottom of it. There’s an unbelievable hatred of us… . we can’t allow people coming into this country who have this hatred of the United States and of people who are not Muslim.

[1] [b]1[/b]. May 11, 2016: On Fox News:

Quote:I’m looking at it very strongly with Rudy Giuliani heading it. I’ve spoken to him a little while ago. We’re going to put together a group of five or six people. Very, very highly thought of people, and I think Rudy will head it up, and we’ll look at the Muslim ban or the ‘temporary ban’ as we call it … He will head it up and he’s agreed to do so.

January 29, 2017: On Fox News:

Quote:Jeanine Pirro: I want to ask you about this ban [the territory ban Executive Order] and the protests. Does the ban [the territory ban] have anything to do with religion? How did the president decide the seven countries? I understand the permanent ban on the refugees. Talk to me.
Rudy Giuliani: I will tell you the whole history of it [the Executive Order]. When he first announced it [the Executive Order], he said, ‘Muslim ban.’ He called me up.[b] He said, ‘Put a commission together. Show me the right way to do it [the Muslim ban] legally.’[/b] I put a commission together with Judge Mukasey, with Congressman McCaul, [Congressman] Pete King, whole group of other very expert lawyers on this. And what we did was, we focused on, instead of religion, danger—the areas of the world that create danger for us, which is factual basis, not a religious basis. Perfectly legal.

Quote:
On October 9, 2016: In a debate:
Moderator: Your running mate said this week that the Muslim ban is no longer your position, and if it is, was it a mistake to have a religious test?
Trump: …[b]The Muslim ban is something that in some form has morphed into extreme vetting for certain areas of the world.[/b]

Quote:[11] Moderator: Why did it morph into that? Answer the question. Would you please explain whether [b]the Muslim ban[/b] still stands?
Trump: [b]It is called extreme vetting.[/b] We are going to areas like Syria.

[12] [b]12[/b]. December 21, 2016: In an interview:

Quote:Reporter: Have you had cause to rethink or reevaluate your plans to create a Muslim register or [b]ban Muslim immigration to the United States?
[/b]
Trump: [b]You know my plans all along[/b], and I’ve proven to be right, 100 percent correct.
(05-04-2018, 02:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: December 8, 2015: On MSNBC:

March 9, 2016: On CNN:

[1] [b]1[/b]. May 11, 2016: On Fox News:

January 29, 2017: On Fox News:

[12] [b]12[/b]. December 21, 2016: In an interview:

Now show where the policy was enacted to ban Muslims.
(05-04-2018, 02:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure I understand your position Phil.  Are you agreeing with Mike M?  Or do you think a major portion of the problem will not be fixed by the Mexican border wall?

I'm saying that just because a proposed solution doesn't solve the problem 100% is not a reason to not go forward with said solution which is what the implication of your post is.
(05-04-2018, 02:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Now show where the policy was enacted to ban Muslims.

I don't have to.  You said "attempt".

His plan was to ban Muslims, but his plans got shot down when people reminded him about the Constitution.
(05-04-2018, 02:41 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm saying that just because a proposed solution doesn't solve the problem 100% is not a reason to not go forward with said solution which is what the implication of your post is.

My post did not imply that at all.  All my post did was point out that Mike M was wrong.

You are more obsessed with attacking anything I say than actually taking part in the conversation.
they were here illegally so I guess its our fault for not dealing with them sooner. but hey possession is 9/10ths the law they are your problem now Canada.
(05-04-2018, 12:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: If you mean complaining about a wall that won't do anything and trying to ban Muslims, yes...Trump is "trying".

Well didn't want the muslim refugees and seeing how that turned out for everyone that let them in its was the RIGHT call.
(05-04-2018, 02:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My post did not imply that at all.  

Yes, it did. You said that almost 70% of illegal immigration occurs after immigrants come here illegally and said the border wall won't stop that. You make no mention of the other 30% of illegal immigration - a not insignificant number, BTW - and the effects the border wall would have on that 30%. Ergo, you're implying that the border wall is ineffective since it won't stop all of illegal immigration.

(05-04-2018, 02:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are more obsessed with attacking anything I say than actually taking part in the conversation.

I wouldn't say obsessed. But, admittedly, sometimes I'd rather debate you - even with your penchant for making up shit or setting up strawmen (which you haven't done in this thread, BTW, so kudos to you ThumbsUp ) - than discuss the topic of a thread.