Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cap space?
(08-31-2016, 06:54 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Wait, I thought they started the off season with $15 million before and free agents and draft pick signings Ninja

No they started with around 30 million before free agents 
Reply/Quote
So using sportrac's figures, I see it as 6.6mil under the cap.

I see that as enough to get an extension for Zeitler before sitting on the remainder for injury insurance. I would determine the terms for extending Whitworth another year and extend him in December if we haven't tapped out that remainder yet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 07:51 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So using sportrac's figures, I see it as 6.6mil under the cap.

I see that as enough to get an extension for Zeitler before sitting on the remainder for injury insurance.  I would determine the terms for extending Whitworth another year and extend him in December if we haven't tapped out that remainder yet.

And then there is also kirkpatrick and where did u see that number because i am getting$9,636,959 which we usually roll over 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 08:00 PM)Jpoore Wrote: And then there is also kirkpatrick and where did u see that number because i am getting$9,636,959 which we usually roll over 

Why do we roll over?  Is it in case of emergency, or extenuating circumstance?  Sure would be nice to have another quality DE, TE, CB, or C to carry us to the SB.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 08:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why do we roll over?  Is it in case of emergency, or extenuating circumstance?  Sure would be nice to have another quality DE, TE, CB, or C to carry us to the SB.

We usually roll over for extensions and draft picks.  for example we had 10 million for rollover from last year which we used to extend gio hewitt etc... We always have about 10 million for extensions that rollover jnto next year.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 08:00 PM)Jpoore Wrote: And then there is also kirkpatrick and where did u see that number because i am getting$9,636,959 which we usually roll over 

The 9.6mil is the salary of the top 51 players only.

When the season opens, all 53 player salaries, all practice squad salaries, all roster exemption list salaries (NFI, PUP, IR, and suspension) go against the cap.

They have a pretty good projection of each of the roster exemption lists which can be added to the top 51 number, then add the next two salaries in.

Works out to the estimate of $6.6mil.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 01:30 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Hunt's last game as a Bengal will be tomorrow night.

Sure hope you're right and I hope they can find a decent DE to replace him.

Looks like they have the money.
Reply/Quote
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

We've actually spent #7 as far as top 51 goes, so rolling it every year has its advantages. If we extend Zeitler and maybe Kirkpatrick, that would actually increase because they have high cap hits.

Not to pull a Fred, But really, who are we getting off the streets at the beginning of September that has any effect on our cap situation?
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 11:15 PM)TGISunday Wrote: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

We've actually spent #7 as far as top 51 goes, so rolling it every year has its advantages.  If we extend Zeitler and maybe Kirkpatrick, that would actually increase because they have high cap hits.

Not to pull a Fred, But really, who are we getting off the streets at the beginning of September that has any effect on our cap situation?

Saints signed Kruger for 3M, he could have benefitted the Bengals defense.  But, as others have mentioned, they'll be just fine with what we have.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 11:15 PM)TGISunday Wrote: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

We've actually spent #7 as far as top 51 goes, so rolling it every year has its advantages.  If we extend Zeitler and maybe Kirkpatrick, that would actually increase because they have high cap hits.

Agree with what you are saying.

But there will be players cut via the numbers game, too much money against cap or just team is loaded at certain position that may help. 

Betting several Bengals released will be snapped up by good teams trying to make run as well. 

Yet we usually do not do this so not expecting it. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote