Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cappa - Out until training camp
(05-24-2022, 05:43 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote:

ZT said "Out a couple weeks nothing overly concerning." Saying 'out until training camp' feels a little disingenuous. The dude is a vet I'm sure any sign of a bump or bruise and he's taking the cautious route. Hell, Trey Hendrickson didn't even show up to these practices. All the 'here we go..' comments are just dumb.

JJ22 overreacting to something relatively minor in the offseason? Certainly never seen that before… :ninja:

(05-24-2022, 06:21 PM)QueenCity Wrote: As a fan of both the Kentucky Wildcats and Lakers... my coaches tend to lie on how bad the injury is.  A couple weeks for my squads tend to be for the year.

Sorry for my nepotism.

[Image: princess-bride-meme.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 02:37 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Here we go.....
and no real good depth to speak of....if this is serious, we should look at Tretter. 
Reply/Quote
Ppl do realize that most players always have some sort of ailment right?

No need to lose your mind. If it was a regular season game he’d probably play
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 08:16 PM)Housh Wrote: Ppl do realize that most players always have some sort of ailment right?

No need to lose your mind. If it was a regular season game he’d probably play

I really do think we are the only fanbase who starts doom and glooming over a vet sitting out some OTA practices for a minor issue.  Kinda exhausting hopefully more years of sustained success will stop the sky is falling crowd. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 08:37 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: I really do think we are the only fanbase who starts doom and glooming over a vet sitting out some OTA practices for a minor issue.  Kinda exhausting hopefully more years of sustained success will stop the sky is falling crowd.

Oh you sweet summer child…

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 03:18 PM)Tony Wrote: Jesus Christ.......

(05-24-2022, 06:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We should keep him at QB

[Image: blaspheme_blues_brothers.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 06:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We should keep him at QB

Who better to throw Hail Mary passes 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 07:39 PM)kalibengal Wrote: and no real good depth to speak of....if this is serious, we should look at Tretter. 

Tretters knees are shot.

We can't have an O-line with 4 new starters if one of them can't parctice with the unit.
Reply/Quote
Tiger

No worries here we have depth players that are a few months removed from playing in a SB.
Reply/Quote
Isn't this the guy that played with the broken leg?? I'm not too worried about him playing, but it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye and other teams cuts for depth.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 02:38 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Not overly concerned at this point. More time for Carman and Volson. If Cappa is back for TC we will be just fine. Spain would probably only cost $1-1.5 mil too. Just sayin. Always nice to have insurance. Cappa goes down and we have questions at both guard spots. It’s a long season and anything can happen

Spot on. This gets the young talent many more snaps and as long as Cappa is ready to go come TC we should be okay.

Still, think we will bring in somebody for competition after this news. Also like our UDFA's in Ben Brown and Reese but we need
a Veteran after this more than just rookies and second year players.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 04:25 PM)pally Wrote: Why Brown at center and not Gaillard?

Also, Zac confirmed that all players currently rehabbing should be back in time for training camp.  That includes Higgins and Wilson as well as Ossai

Gaillard has been in the league 3 years and hasnt done much. Brown doesn't really fit our wide scheme, but he is a very good player and without an injury would had been drafted in the mid-rounds, IMO.  Also Brown can play G & C, could be a viable replacement for both Adeniji and Hill if necessary.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2022, 04:46 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Gaillard has been in the league 3 years and hasnt done much. Brown doesn't really fit our wide scheme, but he is a very good player and without an injury would had been drafted in the mid-rounds, IMO.  Also Brown can play G & C, could be a viable replacement for both Adeniji and Hill if necessary.

Feel the same about both players. I like Ben Brown better than Gaillard as well.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 07:39 PM)kalibengal Wrote: and no real good depth to speak of....if this is serious, we should look at Tretter. 

The guy who's knees are so bad he doesn't even practice? I'd rather get Spain under contract.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 10:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The guy who's knees are so bad he doesn't even practice? I'd rather get Spain under contract.

What Spain said after the Superbowl might have taken him out of our thoughts. He was acting like he had no part in the last 
play. Said "don't look at me" as if the rest of the OL was to blame. Sure, they were as well but to take no responsibility for your
own poor play was highly suspect. Plus he might want too much and he is coming off injury.

Maybe we ought to be looking at another OL other than either Tretter or Spain.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 02:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What Spain said after the Superbowl might have taken him out of our thoughts. He was acting like he had no part in the last 
play. Said "don't look at me" as if the rest of the OL was to blame. Sure, they were as well but to take no responsibility for your
own poor play was highly suspect. Plus he might want too much and he is coming off injury.

Maybe we ought to be looking at another OL other than either Tretter or Spain.

Who's the one Bfine always talks about ? I forget his name ? Hell him, anybody. Just get another experienced vet in here.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 03:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Who's the one Bfine always talks about ? I forget his name ? Hell him, anybody. Just get another experienced vet in here.

Really the only one I'm stumped for lately is Ereck Flowers. Dude was a 1st RD bust as an LT, but fares pretty well in the interior.

Hell, I'd bring T-Hop back. He was garbage at the start of the year, but he seemed to improve as the season went on. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2022, 04:46 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Gaillard has been in the league 3 years and hasnt done much. Brown doesn't really fit our wide scheme, but he is a very good player and without an injury would had been drafted in the mid-rounds, IMO.  Also Brown can play G & C, could be a viable replacement for both Adeniji and Hill if necessary.

Cappa and Karras don't really fit the wide zone either, if you're going by athleticism.
Karras RAS (5.15) - https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=13024
Cappa RAS (2.94) - https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=15213

Ya gotta wonder if the blocking scheme doesn't change up some with adding guys who aren't quite as athletic but more maulers.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 03:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Who's the one Bfine always talks about ? I forget his name ? Hell him, anybody. Just get another experienced vet in here.

Yep, anybody.

(05-26-2022, 04:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Really the only one I'm stumped for lately is Ereck Flowers. Dude was a 1st RD bust as an LT, but fares pretty well in the interior.

Hell, I'd bring T-Hop back. He was garbage at the start of the year, but he seemed to improve as the season went on. 

Sounds good to me Ereck and Hop and we have interior vet backups.

Hop was injured when he played like garbage as well, always have to take that into account. 

Played better once the injury was behind him.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2022, 04:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Cappa and Karras don't really fit the wide zone either, if you're going by athleticism.
Karras RAS (5.15) - https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=13024
Cappa RAS (2.94) - https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=15213

Ya gotta wonder if the blocking scheme doesn't change up some with adding guys who aren't quite as athletic but more maulers.

Yep, and I'd be down with some power runs, especially on the Rt side with Cappa and LC.

Reply/Quote