Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Cappa - Out until training camp
(05-26-2022, 08:12 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Yep, and I'd be down with some power runs, especially on the Rt side with Cappa and LC.

Same, we aren't only a Wide Zone anymore with the guys we brought in. They all are clearly mauling types.

Same with the guys we drafted the last 2 years, namely Carman and Volson.

No way is Trey Hill a Wide Zone Center. Dude is an anchor.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 12:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, we aren't only a Wide Zone anymore with the guys we brought in. They all are clearly mauling types.

Same with the guys we drafted the last 2 years, namely Carman and Volson.

No way is Trey Hill a Wide Zone Center. Dude is an anchor.

What I didn't like about drafting Trey Hill was his lack of athleticism.
I thought he'd be ok in a run blocking scheme that didn't require him to move too much, but I thought that's what the Bengals wanted to run - a wide zone.
I'd be more optimistic of Hill if they run less wide zone moving forward.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 12:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What I didn't like about drafting Trey Hill was his lack of athleticism.
I thought he'd be ok in a run blocking scheme that didn't require him to move too much, but I thought that's what the Bengals wanted to run - a wide zone.

Problem with saying what Trey Hill can or cannot do is he was playing with two knee injuries in 2020. He moved alot better and came off the ball alot faster in 2019 for Georgia.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 12:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What I didn't like about drafting Trey Hill was his lack of athleticism.

For sure. I mean the Trey Hill pick alone shows we are not only a wide zone OL...

Otherwise we wouldn't of drafted the big man. He is an IOL that is extremely hard to move and cannot move well.

(05-27-2022, 12:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Problem with saying what Trey Hill can or cannot do is he was playing with two knee injuries in 2020. He moved alot better and came off the ball alot faster in 2019 for Georgia.

Yes, the knee injuries slowed him down big time too. But he was one of the top Centers in the SEC before then.

Hope he gets over the knee problems, Hill is a monster with an anchor that even the biggest, strongest NT's will have troubles with.
Reply/Quote

I find it hard to actually dislike any picks in the 6th or 7th round because they're basically just long shot lottery tickets. If they hit, great! If not, it's expected and you really didn't lose anything of real value.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 12:24 PM)Synric Wrote: Problem with saying what Trey Hill can or cannot do is he was playing with two knee injuries in 2020. He moved alot better and came off the ball alot faster in 2019 for Georgia.

I didn't bother to go into that level of detail with him. I was going off his RAS.
If he's really way more athletic than his RAS indicates, maybe he's a fine fit in wide zone.
Not really much evidence right now to indicate such though post-injured knees since we haven't seen him play much.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 01:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I find it hard to actually dislike any picks in the 6th or 7th round because they're basically just long shot lottery tickets. If they hit, great! If not, it's expected and you really didn't lose anything of real value.

Fair, except that 6th-Round-or-later guy could end up being the starter at C if Karras goes down.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 01:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fair, except that 6th-Round-or-later guy could end up being the starter at C if Karras goes down.

Trey Hill honestly just needs to clean up the penalties. That was my only complaint from him as a rookie.

Doesn't matter how good he moves if he is getting false starts all the time.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 02:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Trey Hill honestly just needs to clean up the penalties. That was my only complaint from him as a rookie.

Doesn't matter how good he moves if he is getting false starts all the time.

Penalties were a big issue for sure.

6 penalties on just 210 offensive snaps played.

But you don't think there's anything else he needs to work on? I feel like if he was a stud out there, Bengals wouldn't have bothered bringing in a new starting C in FA.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2022, 02:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Penalties were a big issue for sure.

6 penalties on just 210 offensive snaps played.

But you don't think there's anything else he needs to work on? I feel like if he was a stud out there, Bengals wouldn't have bothered bringing in a new starting C in FA.

His movement like you said. Hopefully he has been really working out trying to get some explosion and a little athleticism.

He doesn't get moved so there isn't a problem with him being pushed around which is a big positive. Seems to have good hands 
and okay feet. Needs to get quicker with his feet.

He ain't no Adeniji that is for damn sure. All athleticism that gets pushed all over the place like he is on roller skates.
Reply/Quote
Good to see Cappa return, there is however some concern over Collins back being an injury that may have him in and out of the lineup this season. It sounds like it is something he deals with and at least the FO knew as he has some game day roster clause in his contract.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 12:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: Good to see Cappa return, there is however some concern over Collins back being an injury that may have him in and out of the lineup this season. It sounds like it is something he deals with and at least the FO knew as he has some game day roster clause in his contract.

No there’s not. They’ve already said if there was games right now he’d be out there.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 12:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: Good to see Cappa return, there is however some concern over Collins back being an injury that may have him in and out of the lineup this season. It sounds like it is something he deals with and at least the FO knew as he has some game day roster clause in his contract.

he seems ok now but you are correct he had a recurring issue it seems, I don;t know about the game day roster clause, what is that in his contract, he has missed some time over last few years with injuries and suspensions hopefully all is good this year.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2022/07/25/bengals-lael-collins-back-injury-training-camp/ 
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 01:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No there’s not. They’ve already said if there was games right now he’d be out there.

This is what I heard, no point in him reaggravating it at this time of year. 

La'el should be fine by the time games are actually being played.
Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 01:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No there’s not. They’ve already said if there was games right now he’d be out there.

I'm correct and your obsession with me are clouding your judgement. Even Hobs pointed out that they covered their ground by adding the contract clause, and his comments Thursday (I think it was) were a hot topic on sports radio around the city as he admitted to it being a flare up (and not some pull that happened when training) and the hope being he can play each game - his words mind you, not mine. 

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 12:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yep.

(07-30-2022, 04:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: I'm correct and your obsession with me are clouding your judgement. Even Hobs pointed out that they covered their ground by adding the contract clause, and his comments Thursday (I think it was) were a hot topic on sports radio around the city as he admitted to it being a flare up (and not some pull that happened when training) and the hope being he can play each game - his words mind you, not mine. 

Obsession with you? Get over yourself, guy lol. This is a message board, you post something, and people respond to it. Kind of how it works…

Anyway, like the above tweet says - no, there is not a “cause for concern.” This is completely precautionary, and Collins could play right now if he had to.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 05:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Obsession with you?

A well known one at that.

Anyway, from a player who has played 16 games twice in 7 years, as highlighted by Hobs, one in which he has had before so it wasn't some pull that happened while training but a reoccurring injury he's dealt with. It can only be thought of as a concern by anyone not wearing rose colored glasses.

Bengals Training Camp Quick Hits With Collins And Brandon Allen

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2022, 06:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: JJ22 overreacting to something relatively minor in the offseason? Certainly never seen that before… Ninja

[Image: princess-bride-meme.jpg]

Well he was out until training camp as I said.... You tend to always be a day late to some obvious observations.

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 08:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: A well known one at that.

Anyway, from a player who has played 16 games twice in 7 years, as highlighted by Hobs, one in which he has had before so it wasn't some pull that happened while training but a reoccurring injury he's dealt with. It can only be thought of as a concern by anyone not wearing rose colored glasses.

Bengals Training Camp Quick Hits With Collins And Brandon Allen

(07-30-2022, 08:41 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well he was out until training camp as I said.... You tend to always be a day late to some obvious observations.

Holy shit you’re goofy. “Rose colored glasses?” I’m simply going off the Garafolo tweet that said Collins could play right now if he had to. If you want to chose not to be reassured by that, that’s on you. I’d rather have on “rose colored glasses” than be doom and gloom 24/7.

Btw digging up 2 month old posts kinda seems like you’re obsessed… :lol:

Reply/Quote
(07-30-2022, 11:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Holy shit you’re goofy. “Rose colored glasses?” I’m simply going off the Garafolo tweet that said Collins could play right now if he had to. If you want to chose not to be reassured by that, that’s on you. I’d rather have on “rose colored glasses” than be doom and gloom 24/7.

Btw digging up 2 month old posts kinda seems like you’re obsessed… LOL

It's a post in my thread. One that again highlights your obsession with me dating back 2 months (although it's been years) as well as your inability to face the reality of simple observations and opinions you don't like even when they are legit, and often prove to be so.

Either way, back injuries are tricky. Reoccurring ones are as well for lineman. This isn't a hot take. It's reality. 

Reply/Quote