Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Captain America: Civil War
Holy fudge, Marvel knocked it out of the park with this one. Near perfect movie. Rock On

Spoiler alert: The only thing that I really couldn't get over was how hot Aunt May was, just seems so wrong  Nervous

[Image: pnsdl5x6lzasdiqgrbpw.jpg]
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Yeah was definitely one of the best Marvel movies to date imo. In my top 4 'Marvel' movies with Avengers, Guardians, & Deadpool.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 06:11 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Holy fudge, Marvel knocked it out of the park with this one. Near perfect movie. Rock On

Spoiler alert: The only thing that I really couldn't get over was how hot Aunt May was, just seems so wrong  Nervous

[Image: pnsdl5x6lzasdiqgrbpw.jpg]

Even Tony kept mentioning it!  LOL!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
Even though I actually like the last guy who played "Spidey" in the reboot... that young guy in this movie stole the show.

The fact that they went back before he had established himself was quite interesting.

AntMan was pretty entertaining in this one too... and of course Tony as usual.

The two characters that don't really appeal to me are Hawkeye(arrow guy)and War Machine(Stark's sidekick).

Don Cheadle is a great actor but seems out of place in all of the comic flicks.

Jeremy Renner has some good lines but his character is really not interesting to me.

I really liked the movie but I thought Winter Soldier was probably one of the most solid Superhero ever made.

Guardians is pretty damn good too.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Minor spoilers I guess, maybe?

I'm normally very lenient when it comes to suspension of disbelief, but there were some gigantic plot holes/major conveniences throughout the film. Did Thunderbolt forget that the alternative to the Avengers in the first film was nuking New York? What was Zemo's plan if Iron Man didn't show up?

It was very enjoyable nonetheless. Spider-Man did steal the show. While McGuire nailed Peter Parker and Garfield hit Spider-Man on the head, Holland gets both down pretty solid, and can actually pass for a kid.

I guess the only other gripe I have is the lack of very serious ramifications when it comes to the heroes. With how Civil War ended in the comics, I was hoping for something a little more significant than just the splintering of the team. Maybe something along those lines will have to wait for when some of these film deals are up.
Reply/Quote
Is ScarJo in this one, too?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 10:44 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Is ScarJo in this one, too?

Yup! 
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Captian America 2: 'Winter Soldier'....was basically about Bucky.
Captain America 3: Civil War....was basically about Bucky.
So....when are we going to have a Captain America movie?

Other than that TWO THUMBS UP!

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2016, 11:30 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Captian America 2: 'Winter Soldier'....was basically about Bucky.
Captain America 3: Civil War....was basically about Bucky.
So....when are we going to have a Captain America movie?

Other than that TWO THUMBS UP!

Too be fair, Bucky becomes Captain America after Steve Rogers is killed.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Probably in a minority here, but could've been better. It wasn't a bad film, I just felt it was kind of anti-climactic. There was a lot there, but it didn't mean anything at the end of the day.

The action was good, the effects were good, the story was good. But so far, the Marvel-verse has done really well about playing off its other movies. Something that happens in one has an effect down the road in another. This one just seemed to finish up without a lot of impact so they can bring everything back around for when they need it, Infinity War.

And...

********** spoiler ***********

... having everyone walk away (well, except that one guy who sort of limps away now) after made it feel like it was just a minor tiff among some meta humans. Especially the way they teased the death that wasn't. That was kinda crappy.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2016, 06:12 PM)Benton Wrote: Probably in a minority here, but could've been better. It wasn't a bad film, I just felt it was kind of anti-climactic. There was a lot there, but it didn't mean anything at the end of the day.

The action was good, the effects were good, the story was good. But so far, the Marvel-verse has done really well about playing off its other movies. Something that happens in one has an effect down the road in another. This one just seemed to finish up without a lot of impact so they can bring everything back around for when they need it, Infinity War.

And...

********** spoiler ***********

... having everyone walk away (well, except that one guy who sort of limps away now) after made it feel like it was just a minor tiff among some meta humans. Especially the way they teased the death that wasn't. That was kinda crappy.

Agreed.  It was a solid 2+ hours of entertainment, but I enjoyed both Winter Soldier and Iron Man 1 a bit more.  Interested to see what they do with Black Panther.  I like the actor that played him.  Agree with all that the kid that played Spiderman actually seemed like a kid, not a 26 year old.  And, yes, how soul-crushing for those of us men of a certain age to see Marisa Tomei playing Aunt May.  That was just played by Sally Field a few years ago, fer cripes sake.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote