Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Cardboard Boxes on the Fifty Yard Line
(11-12-2017, 08:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What really needs to happen is Mike Brown publicly announcing that following the final game of this season, he is officially turning the team over to Katie; that it's hers to do with as she pleases. In conjunction with that, not a single coach will have their contract renewed.

Katie then immediately announces a search for the most qualified general manager.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Sounds good, but somehow, I doubt it will happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What really needs to happen is Mike Brown publicly announcing that following the final game of this season, he is officially turning the team over to Katie; that it's hers to do with as she pleases. In conjunction with that, not a single coach will have their contract renewed.

Katie then immediately announces a search for the most qualified general manager.

It amazes me what our wants and desires are as Bengals fans. I wonder what other fans around the league are wishing their teams would change to win. I bet their wish list looks nothing like ours. We are special. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ^This!

Many times, I have stated that winning is an attitude that begins with the ownership, and resonates throughout the organization.

Dammit Mike!

The slogan of the year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

How it really happens:

Mike dies at 96, the team's GM until his last breath.  Grief-stricken Katie (maybe, it's hard to tell, her facial expressions are all the same) holds a press conference to announce that her dad gave her the perfect blueprint for running the team and she'll take the role of GM in his honor.  She then announces an immediate lawsuit to force Hamilton County taxpayers to fund the new Mike Brown Dome.  Stepping from the podium she matter-of-factly announces Marvin's getting a two year extension.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:46 PM)MrRager Wrote: I mean I want many of the coaches gone ASAP, but this just seems shitty and unprofessional

that's elmer fudd and his unorganized football stupidity!

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:50 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: “Shitty and unprofessional” is how the team performs on the field.  Paul Brown didn’t tolerate failure and neither should his son.

His son is a failure.  Big difference. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In my years of watching this epic failure of an organization the only thing I've really learned is that it doesn't matter what players we have or what coaches we have. As long as Mike Brown and family is running the show, they will find ways to lose and somehow come out on bottom. I would honestly not be upset in the least to see this organization sold and moved. I won't attend another game with this ownership anyway.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:28 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: How it really happens:

Mike dies at 96, the team's GM until his last breath.  Grief-stricken Katie (maybe, it's hard to tell, her facial expressions are all the same) holds a press conference to announce that her dad gave her the perfect blueprint for running the team and she'll take the role of GM in his honor.  She then announces an immediate lawsuit to force Hamilton County taxpayers to fund the new Mike Brown Dome.  Stepping from the podium she matter-of-factly announces Marvin's getting a two year extension.

You're a cruel person, you know that! Tongue
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:46 PM)MrRager Wrote: I mean I want many of the coaches gone ASAP, but this just seems shitty and unprofessional. 

Exactly like the product we get every week.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:26 PM)bjf123 Wrote: I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Our next head coach will be Paul Alexander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would genuinely be hilarious.
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile the coach we should have is changing QB's like socks and still rolling in Minnesota.

Think LT does not matter just look what Whit has done for the Rams.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...honestly no coaches are worth keeping.

The entire organization is dysfunctional.

Exactly.  The virus needs to be killed by a complete cleansing.  

Let the new HC build his own staff and go from there.  Start over.  It will NOT be a rebuild.  Watch this team take off (I will be watching, but from home) when some creativity, toughness, and discipline are installed.  
Reply/Quote
Brown has no football knowledge I will never understand his thought process. He keeps bringing back Lewis year after year, and he lets Gruden, Jackson and Zimmer leave. Not making Zimmer our HC and letting him leave was so stupid, but a typical Brown move.
Reply/Quote

This is really our only hope.  I'm willing to give Katie a shot, but the leash will be very short.  If it's status quo, I won't stick around.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I saw a video posted on Twitter of Dalton giving his team speech right before going onto the field. It's probably the least inspiring thing I've ever heard from someone who is (trying to be) a leader. I've seen the same tone and message delivered by this Bengals coaching staff. Essentially just, "Do your job, be a professional, execute." No heart, no passion.

This team needs an injection of hype and intimidation.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:28 PM)McC Wrote: The slogan of the year.

The Cincinnati Bengals 2016-2017 Season
Dammit, Mike!

Works for me.  :andy:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 3-4 years too long. Now they'll bring in a new coach once the roster is in shambles.

Just like they did 15 years ago. Mikey is so damned stubborn. No wonder this franchise is a laughing stock.
Reply/Quote
Well, I'm a bit disappointed, again. Not so much that the Bengals lost, as much as another Monday after the loss has passed, and Marvin is still employed by the team. Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nothing will ever get better until the Brown family has no control over this organization. Yes, we all know there are no coaches under contract for next season. However, I doubt a coach from outside the team gets the job and I'm almost willing to bet Brown makes the next head coach keep Alexander the Great. As long as the Brown family is involved with the day-to-day operations of this team and has final say in what goes on, the Bengals are doomed.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 06:46 PM)MrRager Wrote: I mean I want many of the coaches gone ASAP, but this just seems shitty and unprofessional. 

I want a DNA test, this is not Paul Brown's son 
Reply/Quote