Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Cardboard Boxes on the Fifty Yard Line
(11-12-2017, 10:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Meanwhile the coach we should have is changing QB's like socks and still rolling in Minnesota.

Think LT does not matter just look what Whit has done for the Rams.

You forgot to put in he's going blind and gets eye surgery every other week!  Dude is a total stud!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 01:57 PM)BengalD Wrote: You forgot to put in he's going blind and gets eye surgery every other week!  Dude is a total stud!

The Vikings brass had to MAKE Zim go home for a couple weeks after his surgery.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 09:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, I'm a bit disappointed, again.  Not so much that the Bengals lost, as much as another Monday after the loss has passed, and Marvin is still employed by the team.   Mellow

I know you're kidding, but it's the sad reality.  I wonder if at the end of the day it's gotten to where Mike feels like Marvin is the only peer/confidant Mike has?  Yeah, Katie's responsible for a lot, but there's only so much you want to share with your own daughter.   You want another guy, and older guy, to tell your secrets and war stories to.  I bet Marvin could have three successive 3-13 seasons and Mike would still be clinging to him because they're so close.  There's my 12 credit hours of Psych at work.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:26 PM)bjf123 Wrote: I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Our next head coach will be Paul Alexander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a Bengals fan since 1972, but this would severely test my ability to stay loyal to this team...
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 09:47 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I know you're kidding, but it's the sad reality.  I wonder if at the end of the day it's gotten to where Mike feels like Marvin is the only peer/confidant Mike has?  Yeah, Katie's responsible for a lot, but there's only so much you want to share with your own daughter.   You want another guy, and older guy, to tell your secrets and war stories to.  I bet Marvin could have three successive 3-13 seasons and Mike would still be clinging to him because they're so close.  There's my 12 credit hours of Psych at work.  

You mean Merv has weaseled in on Piano Man's teet? LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:26 PM)bjf123 Wrote: I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Our next head coach will be Paul Alexander.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's with the "interim" tag in front of "head coach" because Merv's been let go prior to the end of the season, ok. If it's anything else, I'm immediately becoming an Eagles fan.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 09:47 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I know you're kidding, but it's the sad reality.  I wonder if at the end of the day it's gotten to where Mike feels like Marvin is the only peer/confidant Mike has?  Yeah, Katie's responsible for a lot, but there's only so much you want to share with your own daughter.   You want another guy, and older guy, to tell your secrets and war stories to.  I bet Marvin could have three successive 3-13 seasons and Mike would still be clinging to him because they're so close.  There's my 12 credit hours of Psych at work.  

All that goes out the window if Mike Brown starts to see Marvin as a liability and affecting the bottom line. Yes there's revenue sharing, but empty seats cost Mikey money.  Profits > Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 01:33 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: but empty seats cost Mikey money.  

No, they don't. You'd think they would, but they don't. There were plenty of empty seats throughout the 90s and it did exactly squat in making a difference in how Mikey B ran things.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 05:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, they don't. You'd think they would, but they don't. There were plenty of empty seats throughout the 90s and it did exactly squat in making a difference in how Mikey B ran things.

I don't get it. If a seat goes unsold, that's less money in Mike Brown's pocket. I understand how Mike Brown ran things in the '90s, but he doesn't have the allure of a shiny new stadium anymore, it's now 17 years old, and the blackout rule has been lifted. I know the owners share revenue, but do they share parking revenue and concession sales? Mikey loves his precious, the more folks that attend games should mean more money in Brown's pocket. It's this reasoning that I think Lewis's days are finally numbered. The Bengals are bad, and Mikey ain't gonna fire himself, he'll fire Lewis and try to lure fans back. I think he's rode Marvin about as far as he can go. Changes are coming, but nothing really changes.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 11:16 AM)740Bengal Wrote: I want a DNA test, this is not Paul Brown's son 

Everybody blames Mike but it's Paul's fault for reproducing.  How lame must Pete be if Mike was the smart one?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote