Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardinals at Bengals Friday WISH Lists ?
I didn't say Predictions, it's a preseason game.

I can say my Wish List is No Major Injuries in the game. Also to see The many New Players on O Line work on their TEAM WORK and the Second String show they can Block and belong in The NFL also. I would like to see the Back-Up Quarterbacks show they belong in The NFL. The last time we saw the back-up Taylor likes, he started against Cleveland and looked awful. Also want to see something out of the back-up Running Backs. The back-up quarterbacks and running backs need to show they belong in The NFL.

The rest of the Team I am not worried about since this is The AFC Champion and Super Bowl Bengals. I don't expect The New O Line to come together this early, but hopefully this is the start to better days ahead. O Line was still a huge weak area as Burrow was sacked more than any other NFL QB. Also run blocking could be a lot better this season and that would cut down on the pass rush on Burrow. Bengals will give back-up QBs and RB's most of game to play, and they need to deliver. The chain is only as good as it's weakest link. If Bengals are going to have another good season, they will need solid bench help at back-up QB and very much at back-up RBs. There is no way Mixon can do every running play in 2022, and Friday Night gives some of the backs a chance to show if they are worthy of an NFL Uniform.

Bengals take on a tough Arizona team Friday. That will be a good workout for them on a Hot August Night. Good weather for the fast guys, not good weather for The Fat Guys, as Madden use to say.

GO AFC CHAMPION BENGALS...... Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
D-Line gets a couple sacks.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Health.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping for multiple season ending and maybe even some career ending injuries in this first full contact football match. 

Maybe even to the point they have to end up forfeiting some future games because the injures never seem to end. 

Other than that, just a few injures to dampen the spirit until next spring. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 10:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm hoping for multiple season ending and maybe even some career ending injuries in this first full contact football match. 

Maybe even to the point they have to end up forfeiting some future games because the injures never seem to end. 

Other than that, just a few injures to dampen the spirit until next spring. 

Agreed... Hoping for no injuries during a boring and meaningless game is played out.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Cardinals scattered on dawn's highway bleeding.

Reader crowds the QBs fragile eggshell mind.
Reply/Quote
Chrisman has a flawless game handing punts and snaps.
Jackson Carman has a strong game, especially mentally.
All the second year guys come thru injury free.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 10:25 PM)jason Wrote: Agreed... Hoping for no injuries during a boring and meaningless game is played out.

I said to start, no injuries. We always say no injuries in every preseason every year.  Still, there are few preseason games anymore for players to do something positive and get on game film and show they belong on this team.  I don't even want to see Burrow or Mixon in this game.  The Bengals do need the back-up QBs and back-up RBs to show something, and show the bench behind Burrow and Mixon is not a total weakness all season.  Also The New O Line has to get in some reps together, and then the bench O Line show there is some depth there.  Bengals must find some depth.  The score of the game is meaningless, but the players trying to make this team have to come to play hard.  I do care about The Steelers game score opening day, so Bengals can't just throw their jock straps on the field and expect the AFC North to just hand it to Bengals in 2022.   A big question for Bengals is how good are the back-ups if Burrow or Mixon would miss some time in the season.  I don't want to see the back-ups stink up the place like they did in Cleveland end of season. It left doubts how much Bengals can depend on last years back-up QB, and it's time some of these back-up RB's added more to this team.  Friday is an opportunity to play and show something for the bench warmers. 

again, GO BENGALS...... Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Imperior Pass rush in particular Cam Sample, Raymond Johnson, and Zach Carter.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Is Ossai playing?
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2022, 03:40 AM)willieFANderson Wrote: Is Ossai playing?

Probably not.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 11:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Cardinals scattered on dawn's highway bleeding.

Reader crowds the QBs fragile eggshell mind.

I think a Doors related poem from you like this would actually be an amazing start to every game day thread. I like the eggshell bird reference since the opponent is the Cardinals. Very clever.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2022, 09:32 PM)kevin Wrote: I didn't say Predictions, it's a preseason game.

I can say my Wish List is No Major Injuries in the game.  Also to see The many New Players on O Line work on their TEAM WORK and the Second String show they can Block and belong in The NFL also.   I would like to see the Back-Up Quarterbacks show they belong in The NFL.  The last time we saw the back-up Taylor likes, he started against Cleveland and looked awful. Also want to see something out of the back-up Running Backs.   The back-up quarterbacks and running backs need to show they belong in The NFL.  

The rest of the Team I am not worried about since this is The AFC Champion and Super Bowl Bengals. I don't expect The New O Line to come together this early, but hopefully this is the start to better days ahead.  O Line was still a huge weak area as Burrow was sacked more than any other NFL QB.  Also run blocking could be a lot better this season and that would cut down on the pass rush on Burrow.  Bengals will give back-up QBs and RB's most of game to play, and they need to deliver.  The chain is only as good as it's weakest link. If Bengals are going to have another good season, they will need solid bench help at back-up QB and very much at back-up RBs.  There is no way Mixon can do every running play in 2022, and Friday Night gives some of the backs a chance to show if they are worthy of an NFL Uniform.

Bengals take on a tough Arizona team Friday.  That will be a good workout for them on a Hot August Night. Good weather for the fast guys, not good weather for The Fat Guys, as Madden use to say.

GO AFC CHAMPION BENGALS...... Tiger

ZERO INJURIES

A QB that doesn't look like hot garbage in stripes.  

2nd string lines look strong.  

Pass rush depth

Chris Evans does something special.  Maybe twice.  And looks strong in blitz pickup.  
Reply/Quote
The interesting battle for me will be Evans and Perine. Don't really have a favorite so my only "wish" would be that they both get touches with the first unit.
Reply/Quote
My wish is for all of the first year players to have a fantastic game, putting the pressure on the returning players to work hard to keep those positions, and making it tough for the staff to consider cutting them.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I wish it will be interesting to watch
Reply/Quote
Want to see all the draft picks in action, especially Dax and Zach.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think the OL would be the most interesting of this game.Especially the LG spot.We all know,should know,that if this OL turns out to be even better than expectations,then the Bengals have a good chance to return to the Super Bowl.Of course some of the new players to the DL,and Ossai will be interesting also.
Reply/Quote
Seeing Zach Carter terrorizing the IOL of the Cards.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2022, 01:28 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I think the OL would be the most interesting of this game.Especially the LG spot

Agreed.
Reply/Quote