Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cardinals game flexed
We get to watch primetime andy 3 weeks in a row!
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I hate prime time games. Not because of our recent struggles. I just want my 1:00 game. Win, and then enjoy the rest of the football with a happy feeling.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:13 PM)BernLock Wrote: We get to watch primetime andy 3 weeks in a row!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/02/nov-22-bengals-cardinals-game-flexed-to-sunday-night/ Who Dey!
[Image: 8lCdYWF.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I hate prime time games.  Not because of our recent struggles.  I just want my 1:00 game. Win, and then enjoy the rest of the football with a happy feeling.

FYI, the 'big stage' games struggle, has been for the history of the franchise.  It's not just an Andy Dalton/Marvin Lewis problem.

Good news is, I have to work Sunday during the regularly scheduled game, but I will be home for the Sunday night affair.

Bad news, another big stage game to overcome..............however, this is the year to rewrite the past!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:13 PM)BernLock Wrote: We get to watch primetime andy 3 weeks in a row!

Love it, can't wait!  This is what happens boys and girls when your team becomes relevant!  Isn't it nice!!!

#PRIMETIME
Yes
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Good news is they will probably flex out the game vs the 49ers. Doubt america wants to see Kaep embarass himself more
[Image: BernLocksig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hopefully, playing all those Prime Time games will get them used to being on the "big stage", and get another one of those "monkeys" off of the back.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
UGH flexed on the West coast. An 5:30 PM west coast start time = 8:30PM our time and coming after a Monday night game.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:19 PM)BernLock Wrote: Good news is they will probably flex out the game vs the 49ers. Doubt america wants to see Kaep embarass himself more

Back to back draft picks could be a matchup
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:23 PM)pally Wrote: UGH flexed on the West coast.  An 8:30 PM start time = 11:30PM  our time and coming after a Monday night game.

No.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hopefully, playing all those Prime Time games will get them used to being on the "big stage", and get another one of those "monkeys" off of the back.

Honestly think its not so much the 'big stage' as it is the LIGHTS.  Just dont think Andy likes playing under them, although he's played well under them before.  You're 100% right though, this will be great practice, because we're not going to be playing day games in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hopefully, playing all those Prime Time games will get them used to being on the "big stage", and get another one of those "monkeys" off of the back.

Well said Sunset!  They have already rewritten history with the 7-0 start.  Let's rewrite this bad boy with some big stage victories!   Who Dey
Reply/Quote

THIS 
Reply/Quote
Time to snap that prime time curse
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No.

thanks...math isn't always my strong suit  Cool

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The reason Cincinnati hasn't played well historically in prime time games, is because historically they haven't had very good teams. This year is different because they really do have a good team. And I do like that having 3 prime time games in a row is a really good way to get practice leading up to the playoffs. This is a good thing.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Excited, but have to be honest that the Bengals "prime time jinx" still lurks in the back of my mind. I truly believe this is a different squad though and they'll compete in all 3!!!

WHO DEY!!! Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:25 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Honestly think its not so much the 'big stage' as it is the LIGHTS.  Just dont think Andy likes playing under them, although he's played well under them before.  You're 100% right though, this will be great practice, because we're not going to be playing day games in the playoffs.

This was researched on another forum.  It IS the big stage (Thursday, Sunday, Monday nights, and playoff games, games being played when no other NFL game is also being played)

The franchise record, is horrible, can't recall what it is, and the other forum is down.

They typically have just won 1 game a year, always at home, that's when they play 3 or 4 big stage games a year.

They are 5-13 just in playoff games, and all 5 victories were at home.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:25 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Honestly think its not so much the 'big stage' as it is the LIGHTS.  Just dont think Andy likes playing under them, although he's played well under them before.  You're 100% right though, this will be great practice, because we're not going to be playing day games in the playoffs.

The sun is a brighter light that those lights at least in the "bright" lights of the night game you dont have a randomly shaded field lol
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:19 PM)BernLock Wrote: Good news is they will probably flex out the game vs the 49ers. Doubt america wants to see Kaep embarass himself more

agree 100%, if the Squealers or Eagles are relevant that week gets flexed to their game 
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote