Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cardinals request HC interview with Lou Anarumo
I'd do whatever it takes to keep Lou. It's not fair to him not to let him have the opportunity, but I'd empty the wallet and even give him an assistant HC title. I think he's arguably the 2nd most important person in the Bengals organization, at least on the field.
Reply/Quote
No salary cap on coaches.. just saying.
Reply/Quote
No! Lou stays!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 06:15 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: I'd do whatever it takes to keep Lou.  It's not fair to him not to let him have the opportunity, but I'd empty the wallet and even give him an assistant HC title.  I think he's arguably the 2nd most important person in the Bengals organization, at least on the field.

He definitely needs a raise at the very least, but I like your idea on top of it, making him the Assistant Head Coach as well.
Reply/Quote
That place is a cesspool. Come on home, Lou.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:06 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: No matter who our DC is, we need an elite edge pass rusher to disrupt the game for the enemy.
I would love to see some pressure on the opposing QB like the pressure that Joe deals with on a regular basis.

Jadeveon Clowney is a free agent. Just sayin’...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 06:29 PM)puddycat Wrote: No salary cap on coaches.. just saying.

The Bidwells who own the Cardinals are almost as poor (in NFL terms, not real life) as Mike Brown and they have to deal with the remaining contract of Kliff Kingsbury which is reported to be around $20 million

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/thebengalboys/status/1619334560143257601?t=UrsdPRirl14j_Dh6ovlU6g&s=19
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
So.... If Lou goes, Bates, Apple, Pratt, and Bell go with him for more money?
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 06:37 AM)Yogo Wrote: So.... If Lou goes, Bates, Apple, Pratt, and Bell go with him for more money?

I could see Bates and Apple going. Pratt and Bell I feel like would prefer to be here.

I would have said there's no way the Cardinals would hire Lou as he's not exactly a sexy hire for the team and they might prefer a more offense minded coach for Murray, but I didn't know about the ownership perhaps they would take a shot on Lou who would be a more affordable option along with potential.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis had staff coming and going as well. Think, and hope, we will be okay regardless. That said, I want stability on the things that work well
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Hopefully the job will be more desirable for outside hires if they decide to go that route if Lou leaves. Especially if they can retain a few defensive pieces.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 08:43 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Hopefully the job will be more desirable for outside hires if they decide to go that route if Lou leaves. Especially if they can retain a few defensive pieces.

On the note of projecting ahead, as it would pertain to Bengal defensive free agents in the case that Lou were to become HC of the Cardinals;  I'm not sure as to Arizona's cap situation, but one would have to think that at least a couple of his current defensive players would be inclined to follow him out there.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 08:50 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: On the note of projecting ahead, as it would pertain to Bengal defensive free agents in the case that Lou were to become HC of the Cardinals;  I'm not sure as to Arizona's cap situation, but one would have to think that at least a couple of his current defensive players would be inclined to follow him out there.

I can handle Apple and Pratt leaving. We weren’t keeping Bates anyway. Just sign Bell at the minimum.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 06:37 AM)Yogo Wrote: So.... If Lou goes, Bates, Apple, Pratt, and Bell go with him for more money?

They have about $13.5 million in cap with 27 free agents.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 09:35 AM)pally Wrote: They have about $13.5 million in cap with 27 free agents.

Isn't it $44mil?
Reply/Quote
I don't think he's a good fit there. I think Callahan is a better fit.
Reply/Quote
This is good news for any Bengals assistant wanting a head coaching opportunity. As a fan, I selfishly hope Zac can keep the coaches he wants.

If we lose Callahan to the Cardinals, I hope we also don't lose Pitcher to the Bucs or else Zac will need to find someone else for the OC role.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 09:45 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: Isn't it $44mil?

The increase in the cap is what gave them some money to spend. Not enough to score 3 big free agents

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/salary-cap-jumps-again-as-2023-number-is-set-by-nfl#:~:text=According%20to%20overthecap.com%2C%20the,cap%20room%20in%20the%20NFL.

Quote: According to overthecap.com, the Cardinals stand to have about $14.5 million in salary cap room as their roster stands -- before anyone is released, before anyone retires, before extensions might help. That number doesn't seem high, but right now it would be the 11th-best cap room in the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 11:35 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is good news for any Bengals assistant wanting a head coaching opportunity. As a fan, I selfishly hope Zac can keep the coaches he wants.

If we lose Callahan to the Cardinals, I hope we also don't lose Pitcher to the Bucs or else Zac will need to find someone else for the OC role.

Brian Callahan to the Colts seems like the best fit to me. Especially since he is a QB guy and they are likely going to draft a QB possibly a guy that needs a little more development like Will Levis. Brian Callahan with an experienced guy at DC like Lovie Smith would be a good match.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote