Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cards and Saints interested in Gresham
Looks like Gresh is visiting the Cards this week. I'll send him your regards, as I recently moved to Phoenix.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2526338-jermaine-gresham-latest-news-rumors-and-speculation-on-free-agent-te
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 04:35 PM)Utts Wrote: Looks like Gresh is visiting the Cards this week. I'll send him your regards, as I recently moved to Phoenix.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2526338-jermaine-gresham-latest-news-rumors-and-speculation-on-free-agent-te

Assuming it was for a good reason, lucky you.

I just want to see him land somewhere, he's too young to hang it up for good.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 04:35 PM)Utts Wrote: Looks like Gresh is visiting the Cards this week. I'll send him your regards, as I recently moved to Phoenix.

That is one hot, dusty place.  Dry heat or not, 105 is hot.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
If he passes the medical part, he'll be signed. That's what's kept him away from being signed.
Reply/Quote
Who knows; he might be a good TE after all.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 06:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows; he might be a good TE after all.

He seems like a guy in need of change of scenery and a fresh start.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 06:43 PM)McC Wrote: He seems like a guy in need of change of scenery and a fresh start.

Everything but his rookie year QB would change.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 05:21 PM)McC Wrote: That is one hot, dusty place.  Dry heat or not, 105 is hot.

Yeah. The other day I couldn't get my seatbelt on because touching it burned like hell. It's also fun to get dust storm alerts from the NWS on my phone, that never happened in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
Palmer to Gresham in Arizona....two Bengals first rounders.....too bad it never materialized in Cincinnati
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 06:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows; he might be a good TE after all.

Seeing as the Cardinals' 3 TE's combined for about 500 yards and a single TD last season I would say he doesn't have huge shoes to fill.  Then again, who was the last Bengals TE to contribute as much as Gresh did?  Ida know, maybe everyone is right and he's borderline awful.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 10:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Seeing as the Cardinals' 3 TE's combined for about 500 yards and a single TD last season I would say he doesn't have huge shoes to fill.  Then again, who was the last Bengals TE to contribute as much as Gresh did?  Ida know, maybe everyone is right and he's borderline awful.

Honestly, I don't see many people saying that. It's mostly been big Gresh fans getting upset when others claim he's mediocre, or that he makes too many mental mistakes, or that he's a thorn in the side of coaches.

I'm glad that Gresh will possibly get a chance elsewhere, but if he signs with the Cards it doesn't necessarily mean he's a good player. It just means he's better than what the Cards have. John Carlson retired. Housler is gone. 2014 2nd round pick Troy Niklas will compete for snaps, but the Cards need some experience. Gresh might start and/or get significant snaps, but I doubt he'll be a focal point of their plans.

Of course, if he's as good as some claim, and our scheme was holding him back, he could put up 800+ yards this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 12:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Honestly, I don't see many people saying that. It's mostly been big Gresh fans getting upset when others claim he's mediocre, or that he makes too many mental mistakes, or that he's a thorn in the side of coaches.

I'm glad that Gresh will possibly get a chance elsewhere, but if he signs with the Cards it doesn't necessarily mean he's a good player. It just means he's better than what the Cards have. John Carlson retired. Housler is gone. 2014 2nd round pick Troy Niklas will compete for snaps, but the Cards need some experience. Gresh might start and/or get significant snaps, but I doubt he'll be a focal point of their plans.

Of course, if he's as good as some claim, and our scheme was holding him back, he could put up 800+ yards this year.

And if he doesn't AZ is probably using him incorrectly too
Reply/Quote
I hope Gresh does catch on somewhere and has a decent end to his career. He's got the tools physically to, he just has to keep his head screwed on straight. Perhaps a change of scenery will help him do that ?
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 12:26 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: And if he doesn't AZ is probably using him incorrectly too

Hard to say.  The Cardinals managed to win 21 games with Arians' system that doesn't rely on big numbers from the TEs...with that being said I can almost assure you if either Eifert of Krofts (or any of the Cardinals TEs) put up Gresham's usual 550 yards and 5 or so TDs people are going to be all like "Awwww yeaaaaaaa."
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 12:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hard to say.  The Cardinals managed to win 21 games with Arians' system that doesn't rely on big numbers from the TEs...with that being said I can almost assure you if either Eifert of Krofts (or any of the Cardinals TEs) put up Gresham's usual 550 yards and 5 or so TDs people are going to be all like "Awwww yeaaaaaaa."

Gresh has hit that number twice in 5 years. In fact, he's only topped 472 yards twice. Not bad numbers. Just not as good as some Gresh fans have claimed he is.

If Eifert gets 470 yards and fumbles 3 times while clashing with coaches, I'm sure the same fans will be ripping him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 01:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Gresh has hit that number twice in 5 years. In fact, he's only topped 472 yards twice. Not bad numbers. Just not as good as some Gresh fans have claimed he is.

If Eifert gets 470 yards and fumbles 3 times while clashing with coaches, I'm sure the same fans will be ripping him.

His average is 544.4 over 5 years, but I'll admit his 740-or so season in 2012 is a bit of an outlier.  Gresh hain't no god among TEs, but I still think we're getting a little too hung up on the fun of seeing 0's on a new guys resume and dreaming up bigger numbers where you look at Gresham and have an idea of what you're going to get (and that's no fun).
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 12:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hard to say.  The Cardinals managed to win 21 games with Arians' system that doesn't rely on big numbers from the TEs...with that being said I can almost assure you if either Eifert of Krofts (or any of the Cardinals TEs) put up Gresham's usual 550 yards and 5 or so TDs people are going to be all like "Awwww yeaaaaaaa."

If Tyler Kroft gets enough catches to do that, I would be pretty pleased with that as our 2nd TE. Hell, that would probably mean we are super bowl bound if our #2 TE has that many yards and TDs
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 02:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: His average is 544.4 over 5 years, but I'll admit his 740-or so season in 2012 is a bit of an outlier.  Gresh hain't no god among TEs, but I still think we're getting a little too hung up on the fun of seeing 0's on a new guys resume and dreaming up bigger numbers where you look at Gresham and have an idea of what you're going to get (and that's no fun).

I'm not really thrilled about Kroft and Uzomah. I'm just going into the season with an open mind and viewing them like I would any 3rd and 5th round picks. Honestly, I rarely see so little hype around our draft picks. Usually people are pumping them up this time of year. I haven't seen that with Kroft and Uzomah. I think too many people are mad about Gresh or maybe they're reminded of Chase Coffman (another 3rd rounder) flopping. But that's just speculating.

I am pretty excited about Eifert. He's produced 482 yards in 16 games as a part-timer. I don't think he's going to be Gronk 2.0 or anything, but I do think he'll be a solid starter. Maybe a slight upgrade from Gresh.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 02:12 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If Tyler Kroft gets enough catches to do that, I would be pretty pleased with that as our 2nd TE. Hell, that would probably mean we are super bowl bound if our #2 TE has that many yards and TDs

Perhaps I should state that IF Eifert pulls in what Gresh normally does and Kroft puts up numbers like Eifert did behind Gresh.  There we go.

Anywho, other than Gresham when was the last time the Bengals had a decent TE?  Maybe I'm just being dramatic, but I feel like we haven't had a lot of success with the position.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2015, 03:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Perhaps I should state that IF Eifert pulls in what Gresh normally does and Kroft puts up numbers like Eifert did behind Gresh.  There we go.

Anywho, other than Gresham when was the last time the Bengals had a decent TE?  Maybe I'm just being dramatic, but I feel like we haven't had a lot of success with the position.

We haven't. Reggie Kelly was awesome as a blocker, but that's as far as that went. He had some nice catches and touchdowns, but those were few and far between.

I feel like Kelly doesn't get the appreciation he deserves because he was a blocker instead of a tight end putting up huge stats.
Reply/Quote