Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carl Lawson is a Beast!
He was my favorite pick in the draft and FINALLY it looks like we have a LB that can rush the QB!!!

To the Bengals credit...they played him a lot of snaps too.
Reply/Quote
He is also a BeAst!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I think the new guys on the defense are good.

WJIII made a few mistakes today, but had a pick six against RODGERS. Like, holy crap.

Lawson had him running for his life (which, sadly, Rodgers is good at). 3.5 sacks I believe.

Still enjoy watching Willis as well. I think the defensive guys are starting off strong.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:39 PM)thillan Wrote: Yeah, I think the new guys on the defense are good.

WJIII made a few mistakes today, but had a pick six against RODGERS. Like, holy crap.

Lawson had him running for his life (which, sadly, Rodgers is good at). 3.5 sacks I believe.

Still enjoy watching Willis as well. I think the defensive guys are starting off strong.

One of Lawson's sacks got called back by penalty.

Willis has potential...he just doesn't seem to make the tackle when he needs to from what I've seen.
Reply/Quote
Carl Lawson was awesome out there. The only time Michael Johnson should be on the field is for special teams.
Reply/Quote
This will end up being a great draft for us
Reply/Quote
YES he was. Was nice and fun to watch as well
Reply/Quote
So many young defensive players stepping up at once.
Lawson, Willis, Glasgow, WJ3, Dennard

Quiet from Billings and Vigil today. Has Billings become a bemchwarmer, or just less snaps because of the packers not rushing much
Reply/Quote
He's tough....that's for sure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Super impressed with Lawson

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
Yeah I am a fan of Lawson too he pushes around the edge gets his guy retreating to block him and then shoves him with one hand knocking the guy on his ass and cutting back for the sack nice move. This draft is looking pretty good so far.
Reply/Quote
my god michael Johnson is horrible. stays blocked one on one , plays patty cake n is worthless. Lawson is a flat out beast..
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: This will end up being a great draft for us

That's largely contingent on Ross and Mixon.

I know people love Mixon...but he has had a low ypc average in his 3 games so far. I realize the line is terrible so it is hard to judge him.

Ross is the big variable. We've yet to see him do something other than run a reverse. That's surely a cause for concern.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's largely contingent on Ross and Mixon.

I know people love Mixon...but he has had a low ypc average in his 3 games so far. I realize the line is terrible so it is hard to judge him.

Ross is the big variable. We've yet to see him do something other than run a reverse. That's surely a cause for concern.

Even if Ross is average. It's a pretty good draft. The DL got reshaped.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:38 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Even if Ross is average.   It's a pretty good draft.    The DL got reshaped.

We don't know how ANY of these players are going to be.

Lawson looks like a good to great Pro.

Willis? Has a ton of potential. I see him miss a ton of tackles.

I guess what I'm trying to say is it's contingent on the coaches developing these guys. As we've seen with guys like Jeremy Hill...sometimes they regress. I think we got guys with really good physical potential so far though.
Reply/Quote
Lawson looks powerful. Can't wait to see what he holds the rest of the season. Looks like it might be the help that Geno/Dunlap have been asking for. Michael Johnson, when in, didn't do anything but get stood up immediately.

Lawson has great technique, very low, drives with a lot of power and forces the QB into the pocket, where he can get them from behind.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Hard to find something not to like about Lawson.

Looks great and should be getting a lot of snaps the rest of the way.

Steal of the draft for Bengals.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 09:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's largely contingent on Ross and Mixon.

I've been judging him by how does he look when he gets any kind of a hole or even a crease to run through and he looks very good in that regard.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Remind me again who he was rushing against?

The Pack are missing their top 3 tackles. It would be like if the Bengals were down Ced, Fisher and Andre. Should another team excited because they have a guy that sacks Andy under that situation?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2017, 10:16 AM)McC Wrote: I've been judging him by how does he look when he gets any kind of a hole or even a crease to run through and he looks very good in that regard.

I just hope that running behind this line doesn't ruin his instincts.
Reply/Quote