Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carlos as a Bengal vs. Carlos as a Seahawk
(11-09-2020, 12:48 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote:  it another to be a baby when you get your playing time cut, 

Unless the coaches were the ones being babies when they benched him for lesser players just because the front office would not trade him.
Reply/Quote
Dunlaps stat line looks good on paper until you
See how the Bills had their with the Hawks defense.
Like I said when the Hawks needed to negate Josh Allen at the most crucial times. Dunlap simply didnt finish him off

Now look.at Heyward or Watt vs the Cowboys.
They rose to the occasion yesterday in the 4th q.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 01:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Unless the coaches were the ones being babies when they benched him for lesser players just because the front office would not trade him.

Whataboutism at its finest. We don't know the reasoning behind his benching. All I know if he did not produce this year and sucked 50% of the year last year. Can't say they were that much lesser given how bad he was for us this year. Then you factor in his salary and supposed to be a "leader." His own teammates called him out. I'm not in that locker room, but I believe if they truly thought the coaching staff was in the wrong they would have stuck by #employee96nomore over the coaches who have been here for not even two seasons. Or at the very least, not taken a side. But im sure you know more than the players Fred. 
Reply/Quote
I watched the game. He played the OLB role quite a bit, and also put his hand in the dirt. He didn't do too well. To be fair, the entire defense was $hit.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
1.) The 3-4 thing is so overblown. 1.) Were playing Nickle or dime more than base and 2.) we are a one gap 3-4 which ironically is very similar to the Seahawks 4-3 scheme.

2.) Both sides handled the situation poorly. Dunlap should not have been benched but at the same time he should not have acted like a complete ass either.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 01:43 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Dunlaps stat line looks good on paper until you
See how the Bills had their with the Hawks defense.
Like I said when the Hawks needed to negate Josh Allen at the most crucial times. Dunlap simply didnt finish him off

Now look.at Heyward or Watt vs the Cowboys.

Why are you comparing All-Pros to non All Pros? In his prime Dunlap was a great pass rusher but he's not on the level of Watt as a pass rusher. As for Heyward he plays a completely different position, it's apples to oranges.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 02:20 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) The 3-4 thing is so overblown. 1.) Were playing Nickle or dime more than base and 2.) we are a one gap 3-4 which ironically is very similar to the Seahawks 4-3 scheme.

2.) Both sides handled the situation poorly. Dunlap should not have been benched but at the same time he should not have acted like a complete ass either.

If we ever want the losing culture to change then yes Dunlap who was a long history of half-assing it in practice and meetings needed to be benched.  One generation of veterans who don't give their all leads into the next generation of veterans who don't give their all.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 01:43 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Now look.at Heyward or Watt vs the Cowboys.

So it is easier for a complete defense to stop another team than just one player?

I am sure the Seahawks defense would have had better luck if they had multiple All-Pros playing with Carlos also.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 02:32 PM)pally Wrote: If we ever want the losing culture to change then yes Dunlap who was a long history of half-assing it in practice and meetings needed to be benched.  

Dunlap does not have a long history of half-assing it in practice and meetings with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 02:32 PM)pally Wrote: If we ever want the losing culture to change then yes Dunlap who was a long history of half-assing it in practice and meetings needed to be benched.  One generation of veterans who don't give their all leads into the next generation of veterans who don't give their all.  

No he doesn't that is clearly a BS narrative
J24

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 12:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals were using Dunlap as an OLB in a 3-4, but he thrived as a 4-3 DE.
Given his size (6'6", 285 lb), Dunlap really should have been used as a DE in a 3-4 with Lawson and Hubbard as the OLBs.

The real big problem the Bengals have is they don't have the DL to run a 3-4, especially with Dunlap gone.
Look at the Steelers for how to run a good 3-4.
Their DEs (Tuitt, Heyward) are both 6'5"+ and 290+ lbs. They have length and size.
Dunlap was the only guy who was close to that (6'6", 285 lb).
Atkins has to be inside, as he doesn't have the length to be on the edge. Same with Daniels, Covington, and Williams.

If this defense wants to stick as a 3-4, they need to get properly-sized DEs.
Or they need to go back to a 4-3, which they were built for by Marvin's crew.

I've been saying this all along and people on these forums criticize me that scheme as the fault is overrated.  Sigh.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 11:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's back in a 4-3, where he flourishes. He is also at a new place and giving 100% on every play. Let's see how long that lasts before he slides back in to taking plays off.....

Yes, we will see how long he stays motivated. Wish him the best when he is not playing us, still like Los even if he was acting 
like a girly mouth. 
Reply/Quote
Hated how in ended here but he was a team player for years and hope he does well
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 02:30 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Why are you comparing All-Pros to non All Pros? In his prime Dunlap was a great pass rusher but he's not on the level of Watt as a pass rusher. As for Heyward he plays a completely different position, it's apples to oranges.

How.come Dunlap could never play at a All Pro level like Watt?
Reply/Quote
79.7 PFF grade for the game if anyone cared to know.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 06:18 PM)impactplaya Wrote: How.come Dunlap could never play at a All Pro level like Watt?

Same reason 99% of players can't play at an All-Pro level.

They are not good enough.
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 06:18 PM)impactplaya Wrote: How.come Dunlap could never play at a All Pro level like Watt?

He has been a very solid player draft and $$ well spent in the end. 
Reply/Quote

'cause Watt is a generational player and Dunlap is merely a top 5 DE?

Ask a stupid question...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Carlos Dunlap can kick rocks
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-09-2020, 06:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Carlos Dunlap can kick rocks

That would hurt is foot
J24

Reply/Quote