Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carlos back to whining
(10-24-2020, 03:04 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: There is one big difference between then and now. Marv and his coaches were mostly competent and produced winning records, up until the last couple of years. Zac and his staff have shown zero aptitude for knowing how to win. So, it’s a credibility issue. Do you believe vets like Dunlap, Atkins, Green that this staff is clueless or do you trust coaches that have never been winners?

Yep... We're looking at a 3 win season here. That would be one thing if we're starved for talent like the Jets. We aren't world beaters, but there's too much to work with on this team to not be competitive, and at least be in the 7 to 8 wins range. It sounds ridiculous as I type that, but it's it because I know we're outclassed on the sidelines.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 02:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Yeah, let's blame the coaches because Carlos is a lazy ******* and can't do his assignments.....

When one player looks bad you can blme the player.

When the entire team looks bad it is time to look at the coach.

You saying all these guys listed above Dunlap on the depth chart have been playing better?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 02:07 PM)jj22 Wrote: Which is fine, but you can't post game plan notes on social media.

What "game plan notes"?

When exactly are the second team guys going to be rotating into the game?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 03:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You want a culture where everyone is just fine with a coaching staff that has 3 wins in 22 games?

???

Did you miss the entire organization is a joke part Fred?

The coaches need to be gone.

Tobin, needs to be gone.

The ownership group needs to be gone or atleast accept they suck and have zero involvement in player decisions.

They cry baby players who take stuff outside the locker room need to be gone.

I want a franchise that tries to win, instead of one that is okay with losing for decades. Don't give me, they had regular season success... don't care, not impressed.... Zero playoff wins in how many years now??? 

Outside of Bates, Mixon, Boyd, Hubbard, maybe Jonah Williams, Maybe WJIII, possibly Logan Wilson and Burrow if he isn't damaged from this season, I'd pretty much flush the team.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 03:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I find it comical that the people on this message board, who do nothing but cry and whine, are busting on Carlos for "whining".

Yeah, he's selfishly criticizing the organization. 

"Look at me, they're not starting me, I'm better than these other guys, I should be starting..." 

Unsure how many people on this board whine about how their employer mistreats them. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
He can't be here anymore. The team needs to cut their losses. Whether he's right or wrong, you can't have a guy like that hanging around the locker room with players that might actually be on this team when/if it's competitive again. I think they're going to have to Cordy Glenn him. Sucks that he's going to keep getting paid a lot of money, but you have to remove the malcontent.

Also, Taylor is going to be on the way out if he doesn't show that he can control this kind of thing. He has zero equity in terms of wins or culture-building to protect him from a player revolt.
Reply/Quote
The reality is ZT has lost the locker room. Losing and not knowing how to handle players and not ready to be a HC has surfaced what we all know, ZT is the issue, Dunlap is a symptom.

As far as sharing knowledge, showing a DL depth chart is child's play, these teams have tons of info at theor disposal. BTW, my guess Carlos knows a lot of Brown's players as do a lot of players on the team. They can easily at anytime send the game plan to the opposing team. I am not saying it is right thing to do, but coaches and the owner's job tp keep players happy. Carlos obviously feels disrespected. Once you disrespect anyone, it normally gets very ugly.

They should have traded him last year when he had value, but once again Bengals don't have  clue on how to manage people or a roster.

Each loss creates a loss of team unity and less effort as guys play to prolong their career once they assume ownership does not want to win. at all costs Can you blame them?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 02:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Marcus Hunt is not starting. 

He's on the depth chart before Dunlap. 2nd string vs Dunlap 3rd string. That's starting before him even if you want to try using semantics to say nothing and not answer the question. 

If you had been at a company for years being one of the top workers and some new guy comes in (who was already let go by the company, did nothing after leaving, and then was let go by the last company he was at) and he takes your job you wouldn't be pissed? 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 10:50 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I mean, they put Dunlap behind Margus Hunt and Khalid Kareem on the depth chart. That's just an insult at that point. One thing to lose a starting job, another to be put behind scrubs.

I agree.. Dunlap has been a team player.. rare drama from the guy for him to speak out now is rare.. you have to wonder could his be a bit of BLM push back since he was the driver in that
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 04:05 PM)TheFan Wrote: He's on the depth chart before Dunlap. 2nd string vs Dunlap 3rd string. That's starting before him even if you want to try using semantics to say nothing and not answer the question. 

If you had been at a company for years being one of the top workers and some new guy comes in (who was already let go by the company, did nothing after leaving, and then was let go by the last company he was at) and he takes your job you wouldn't be pissed? 

I'm not blaming him for being pissed. I totally get it. I think most people are more upset over the way he's handling things. I suppose this is the way business is handled now, though, so who knows. The disconnect between everyone in the organization is glaring and obvious at this point. We've somehow got no synergy top to bottom even though we have less people in the league that have to be connected. It's so ugly, but I don't even know how to fix this. Does a good coach do it? It just feels like we're in quick sand. 

This is definitely not the time to dig in your heels if you're the organization. If the guy is asking for a trade, move him. If you can't find a trade, release him. Keeping him here isn't going to be a benefit to anyone and I don't think him being elevated on the depth chart will help. Move any pieces that have trade value. Bring in a new coach in the offseason and clean house for the staff. Hit re-start with a Burrow-led Bengals team. 
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 03:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The reality is ZT has lost the locker room. Losing and not knowing how to handle players and not ready to be a HC has surfaced what we all know, ZT is the issue, Dunlap is a symptom.

IMO, Carlos is handling this situation terribly and it's disappointing to see. He's acting very immature and selfish. The entire team is dealing with the losing and everything that comes along with that, but Los has chosen to single himself out and make it all about him, even though he has done next to nothing outside the Eagles game. While other guys are talking about ways to get better or fix the issues, Carlos is talking about Carlos. If he feels he should be playing more or higher on the depth chart, then go out and make the most when you are on the field, instead of looking like you're going through the motions. At some point, you have to take responsibility for you own play - leave it at that - and stop blaming everything else.

I have issues with Zac and I'm concerned that he's simply over his head as a head coach, but I can't blame him for Carlos acting like a butthurt social media attention seeker. If Los had took a different approach and handled the situation better, then he comes out looking good no matter how bad the team or the coaching is around him. Instead, Carlos has chosen to make himself look bad, and in reality, a 'part of the problem' instead of a symptom of it.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 01:47 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ah, so Mixon agreeing with Dunlap. We aren’t gonna win many more games with this nonsense going on imo.
We aren't going to win many more games with this ass clown HC and his cronyism towards asst coaches no matter who the players are.

ZT not only lost the locker room, he's lost the team. Sounds like the inmates are starting to run the asylum...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 04:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: IMO, Carlos is handling this situation terribly and it's disappointing to see. He's acting very immature and selfish. The entire team is dealing with the losing and everything that comes along with that, but Los has chosen to single himself out and make it all about him, even though he has done next to nothing outside the Eagles game. While other guys are talking about ways to get better or fix the issues, Carlos is talking about Carlos. If he feels he should be playing more or higher on the depth chart, then go out and make the most when you are on the field, instead of looking like you're going through the motions. At some point, you have to take responsibility for you own play instead of blaming everyone else.

I have issues with Zac and I'm concerned that he's simply over his head as a head coach, but I can't blame him for Carlos acting like a butthurt social media attention seeker. If Los had took a different approach and handled the situation better, then he comes out looking good no matter how bad the team or the coaching is around him. Instead, Carlos has chosen to make himself look bad, and in reality, a 'part of the problem' instead of a symptom of it.

It is not how I would have handled it if I were Carlos, but if I owned the team, I would have called in Geno, Green and Dunlap for a face to face meeting with ZT also present. Each an individual player meeting with the bosses.

I would let them know this has nothing to do with black lives matter or the issues of social justice. Green has not produced since 2017 due to injury and is now 32. Dunlap has been inconsistent and has become negative impacting team unity. Geno was hurt, I would tell him he needs to get healthy and back to Geno pro bowl years as that is how he is being paid. I would be direct and to the point individually with each of them.  would ask them if they have  fire in them to be part of the solution moving forward.

Maybe that was done, but  doubt it. Sounds like they learn decisions by position coaches at team meetings. Do vets deserve more if plan is to phase them out? I say yes, respect your vets and be honest. Do it man to man or if Katie's case woman to man.

I believe Carlos is as mad or more about the communication than the demotion.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I don’t like how Carlos handled this, but I understand it.

Carlos is not a 3rd string player.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I misread the thread title. I thought it read Carlos back to winning!! That's what he'll be doing when he escapes this abyss.
Reply/Quote
Carlos Dunlap along with a lot of other Marvin-era veterans need to be on the trade block. I want to see additions and subtractions on the roster before the trade deadline.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 02:10 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: He keeps posting employee #96. That is correct Carlos. You are employee #96. This is a business and you are an employee and nothing more. To many guys have got the idea over the last decade that they are more to the team than an employee.

I think enough players have wanted to go work elsewhere during the Mike Brown era to make it clear Bengals players know they are just punching a clock here.
Reply/Quote
Maybe this will be a mini-Carson Palmer episode. Dunlap blows up the locker room, Taylor and his staff are exposed as overmatched clowns (I mean, in addition to how they already have been on the field), Dunalp gets out, the team has no real option other than unloading the Taylor regime.

Half of the fans will hate Carlos for being an immature whiner, the other half praise him for forcing the change that was needed to amend the aggregious mistake of hiring half of these non-coaches.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 05:47 PM)samhain Wrote: Maybe this will be a mini-Carson Palmer episode. Dunlap blows up the locker room, Taylor and his staff are exposed as overmatched clowns (I mean, in addition to how they already have been on the field), Dunalp gets out, the team has no real option other than unloading the Taylor regime.

Half of the fans will hate Carlos for being an immature whiner, the other half praise him for forcing the change that was needed to amend the aggregious mistake of hiring half of these non-coaches.

Part of me wonders if Dunlap's just being a mouth piece as an elder statesman of sorts. He's the loudest, but there's certainly some grumbling going on with others as well.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 06:01 PM)jason Wrote: Part of me wonders if Dunlap's just being a mouth piece as an elder statesman of sorts. He's the loudest, but there's certainly some grumbling going on with others as well.

Likely, I'd say.  Geno never says much, but it's been hinted that he'd not happy.  How would anyone know?  Williams can't be overly excited, either.  

Players have more power than people realize.  Players making 11 mil a year that aren't easy to move have even more.  A guy like Carlos could absolutely push this team to a major locker room meltdown if he dug his heels in.  

I feel like the con is about over with this staff.  Ownership mayor may not have the inclination to dump them after 2 seasons, but players aren't going to make that kind of patience and process easy for them.
Reply/Quote