Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carlos back to whining
(10-24-2020, 02:09 PM)jason Wrote: They will be used on the downs when Kareem Hunt is running for 125 and 2 TDs on them tomorrow... Which was gonna happen anyway.

Maybe, but they did go with this "experimental" plan against the Ravens and it was praised by many on this board. 

But the Ravens didn't know what was coming unlike the Browns now do. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 02:13 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yeah those 0 sacks scream better pass rusher. 

Well I'm not saying he's been good, but he is unfortunately 2nd best (available to play) on the team. Am I missing someone? 

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 02:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well I'm not saying he's been good, but he is unfortunately 2nd best (available to play) on the team. Am I missing someone? 

Nah, but your other post seemed as if you believed people feared playing against Dunlap. I'm sure if Dunlap has ever been feared. I think the others may not be as good, but the drop off isn't that much, and they may play a little more motivated which Dunlap obviously is focused on getting out. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 01:33 PM)Synric Wrote: Great now Mixon is calling him a Coward publicly....

That is bad. Its time to cut Carlos and before tomorrows game for sure. We dont need this in the locker room.
Reply/Quote
Regardless, we are all experts on the board and you guys run your teams the way you see fit.

I personally don't think this was acceptable behavior, and maintain he probably should be suspended to make sure that is known.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 02:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: Maybe, but they did go with this "experimental" plan against the Ravens and it was praised by many on this board. 

But the Ravens didn't know what was coming unlike the Browns now do. 

The Ravens also had a hobbled Lamar Jackson and Marc Ingram. Yeah... We kinda held them in check, but at the end of the day, they still pummeled the Bengals.

On a side note; nobody else but me chuckled at the "Stand down; and stand by" comment?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
So much argument over a 3rd string player... Ninja
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 02:21 PM)Synric Wrote: So much argument over a 3rd string player... Ninja

3rd on the depth chart, number 1 in our hearts.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 01:02 PM)jason Wrote: This....

I guess Carlos should just be cool with losing and a clown show coaching staff.

Yeah, let's blame the coaches because Carlos is a lazy ******* and can't do his assignments.....
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 02:21 PM)jason Wrote: The Ravens also had a hobbled Lamar Jackson and Marc Ingram. Yeah... We kinda held them in check, but at the end of the day, they still pummeled the Bengals.

On a side note; nobody else but me chuckled at the "Stand down; and stand by" comment?

All true, but I did like the technique of setting the edge and not rushing to force the runs inside so our lb's can stuff. Now the game got away from them in the end (rushing numbers) because the offense didn't help, but the plan was decent, and executed well enough to have made it a game if the offense would have done anything. 

Reply/Quote
What a great environment for the young guys like Bates, Burrow, Higgins, etc... this is the culture you want those guys around...

This organization is such a joke.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 11:44 AM)BurnsBengal Wrote: Gawd, I wish they could get something for him.  He's signed through 2021.  Looks kinda like a situation where both parties are both wrong and right.  It happens in the league, but the good organizations move on and get value while they can.

I read Seattle maybe interested in him as they run a  4-3 which he is better suited for. Maybe we can get a good G from hawks in a trade? 
Someone in this thread mentioned Kareem is outplaying Dunlap?? I havent noticed that.....
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 02:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Yeah, let's blame the coaches because Carlos is a lazy ******* and can't do his assignments.....

Perhaps the 6'7" 290lb guy isn't suited to playing outside linebacker... Isn't that the coaches' job to put players in position to succeed? He seemed to handle his assignments just fine from 2010- 2019. Then the gurus showed up.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 02:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Yeah, let's blame the coaches because Carlos is a lazy ******* and can't do his assignments.....

Please share your argument for why Marcus freaking Hunt should be starting over Dunlap. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 02:36 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I read Seattle maybe interested in him as they run a  4-3 which he is better suited for. Maybe we can get a good G from hawks in a trade? 
Someone in this thread mentioned Kareem is outplaying Dunlap?? I havent noticed that.....

None of our guys are going to warrant a 1 for 1 player trade. Best we get for Dunlap is a 6th rd pick.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 02:42 PM)TheFan Wrote: Please share your argument for why Marcus freaking Hunt should be starting over Dunlap. 

Marcus Hunt is not starting. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
For years, people on this board have yelled about giving time to veterans who aren't playing the best. Kirkpatrick, Jones, Burfict, Maualuaga are just a few that come to mind. People wanted AJ benched this year. So now it has finally happened and some of the same people are up in arms about how dare the coaches do that. Maybe if Carlos had been putting in 100% on every play the defense would be better. Maybe if Carlos knew the playbook inside and out his play would be better. It is not the coach's fault in the last game when Carlos watched a pass get caught right in front of him, watched the receiver fall down, get back up, take a step before Carlos decided to try and stop him with the player within arms reach the entire time. I even commented on that in the gameday thread. Carlos Dunlap is not the future of this defense or team. The only question at this point is if he will be active tomorrow and how long he remains on the team. It is just a shame that this is ending so badly.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 02:53 PM)pally Wrote: For years, people on this board have yelled about giving time to veterans who aren't playing the best.  Kirkpatrick, Jones, Burfict, Maualuaga are just a few that come to mind.  People wanted AJ benched this year.  So now it has finally happened and some of the same people are up in arms about how dare the coaches do that.  Maybe if Carlos had been putting in 100% on every play the defense would be better.  Maybe if Carlos knew the playbook inside and out his play would be better.  It is not the coach's fault in the last game when Carlos watched a pass get caught right in front of him, watched the receiver fall down, get back up, take a step before Carlos decided to try and stop him with the player within arms reach the entire time.  I even commented on that in the gameday thread.  Carlos Dunlap is not the future of this defense or team.  The only question at this point is if he will be active tomorrow and how long he remains on the team.  It is just a shame that this is ending so badly.

Yep

I'm not sure how anybody can be mad about Dunlap's being moved down the depth chart if they've at all watched his play this season ? And furthermore what does starting mean in todays game anyways ? If he was out there on the field making plays he wouldn't care less where he was listed ?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 02:53 PM)pally Wrote: For years, people on this board have yelled about giving time to veterans who aren't playing the best. Kirkpatrick, Jones, Burfict, Maualuaga are just a few that come to mind. People wanted AJ benched this year. So now it has finally happened and some of the same people are up in arms about how dare the coaches do that. Maybe if Carlos had been putting in 100% on every play the defense would be better. Maybe if Carlos knew the playbook inside and out his play would be better. It is not the coach's fault in the last game when Carlos watched a pass get caught right in front of him, watched the receiver fall down, get back up, take a step before Carlos decided to try and stop him with the player within arms reach the entire time. I even commented on that in the gameday thread. Carlos Dunlap is not the future of this defense or team. The only question at this point is if he will be active tomorrow and how long he remains on the team. It is just a shame that this is ending so badly.

There is one big difference between then and now. Marv and his coaches were mostly competent and produced winning records, up until the last couple of years. Zac and his staff have shown zero aptitude for knowing how to win. So, it’s a credibility issue. Do you believe vets like Dunlap, Atkins, Green that this staff is clueless or do you trust coaches that have never been winners?
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 02:36 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: What a great environment for the young guys like Bates, Burrow, Higgins, etc... this is the culture you want those guys around...

This organization is such a joke.

You want a culture where everyone is just fine with a coaching staff that has 3 wins in 22 games?
Reply/Quote