Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carlos back to whining
(10-24-2020, 11:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bullshit

According to this Amani has only 2 fewer "pass rush wins" (4) than Dunlap (6) but for some reason he has 0 sacks, 0 QB hits, 0 PDs, 1 hurry, and 1 pressure while Dunlap has 2PDs, 1 sack, 3 QB hits, 4 hurries, and 6 pressures.

Maybe Zac is just looking at nextgen stats instead of game film.

What makes your hits, hurries, and pressures stats any less bullshit that his pass rush wins stats? Who keeps those official stats? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 11:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well consider me a liar and I think you're selling short the character of anyone else  you call a liar. 

Maybe "liar" was the wrong word.  I should have said "gutless".  If I have a clueless boss who is a screwing everything up and treating me wrong I don't just say "Thank you, sir, may I have another?"

There are a very few jobs that are exceptions to this like elected officials and military personnel.  Other than those there is no reason for anyone else to not try and get out of a job under those circumstances.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 12:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: What makes your hits, hurries, and pressures stats any less bullshit that his pass rush wins stats? Who keeps those official stats? 

I am saying they are both counted accurately.  It is just that a pass rush win is meaningless if it does not result in any meaningful production.

It is like judging a receiver by who gets down the field the fastest and ignoring who makes the most catches for the most yards, first downs, and tds.
Reply/Quote
Mixon called Dunlap a coward!!! Finally.. Way to go Joe!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 12:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am saying they are both counted accurately.  It is just that a pass rush win is meaningless if it does not result in any meaningful production.

It is like judging a receiver by who gets down the field the fastest and ignoring who makes the most catches for the most yards, first downs, and tds.

You didn't answer what makes your unofficial stats less bullshit than his unofficial stats. 

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 11:55 AM)Synric Wrote: Yep. Posting a picture like that publicly should be a very large fine. 

Hell my nephew who had a summer job at Burger King told me he could be fined and fired for taking a picture of the kitchen...

This is actions dextramental to the team right? Get him the F out of here...
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 12:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Maybe "liar" was the wrong word.  I should have said "gutless".  If I have a clueless boss who is a screwing everything up and treating me wrong I don't just say "Thank you, sir, may I have another?"

There are a very few jobs that are exceptions to this like elected officials and military personnel.  Other than those there is no reason for anyone else to not try and get out of a job under those circumstances.

Uncalled for. Folks are allowed to have opinions on this matter without you calling them names. 

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 12:01 AM)jason Wrote: Honestly I didn't know a whole lot about Reader in Houston. People were excited we got him though, but quite frankly we're still giving up way too much on the ground, and I don't remember him having any sacks this year. I remember a tipped ball. In fairness, he didn't have a whole lotta time to get going here though either. I don't think it's a thing with learning the system with AJ. He missed camp, he's rusty, and he's older... Maybe frustrated too. Higgins is a stud in the making. What can I say?

I dunno... In a perfect world should Carlos be acting this way? Nope... But this isn't a perfect world. We have no leadership, and this is what happens. Just funny to me that a decade in, and the guy is now a headache. He sat behind guys that weren't on his level when he was younger... Not a peep.

It was AJ that said he was having issues learning the offense. 

As for Carlos, I've always been a big fan of his. I'm very disappointed with how he's handled this and even more disappointed with his overall performance this year. Outside of one game, he just hasn't really been a factor at all. He's had a really nice career here, but in a 'what have you done for me lately' business, he just isn't getting it done right now. Maybe can he can turn it around in the 2nd half of the season. I hope so. I want him focusing more on his on-field hits than his social media hits. 

BTW...I'm not defending Zac or his record at all, but I'm also not holding the Carlos situation against him. If Carlos wants to be the starter, then he needs to prove it on the field...not on Twitter and Instagram.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 12:12 AM)Tony Wrote: Mixon called Dunlap a coward!!! Finally.. Way to go Joe!

That's apparently an inside joke between them going back to when brandon lafell was here. At least according to twitter comments. No idea what it means. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 12:18 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Uncalled for. Folks are allowed to have opinions on this matter without you calling them names. 

I apologize.

It is just my experience, as well as my friends, family, and co-workers, that most people would try to get out of a situation like that.  I only respect bosses and employers who earn my respect.  If they are screwing up the job and treating me badly then I don't owe them anything.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When we try to sign free agents this offseason whose opinion do you think other NFL players will respect more.  Zac's or Carlos'?

Mixon publicly just called Dunlap a coward on carlos IG. You ever think players like him and Geno are actually the problem? They are obviously not team first players. Get em the F out of here.. Time for these guys to earn their playing time. Last thing I remember of Carlos is Wentz destroying him for a TD in the 4th quarter..
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 12:34 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I apologize.

It is just my experience, as well as my friends, family, and co-workers, that most people would try to get out of a situation like that.  I only respect bosses and employers who earn my respect.  If they are screwing up the job and treating me badly then I don't owe them anything.

The problem, even if you're in a crappy job, is when you start turning in a crappy performance yourself. At some point, you need to admit that you aren't exactly making the situation any better when you're complaining while your own performance isn't exactly getting it done, and is contributing to the overall crappiness. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 12:43 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: The problem, even if you're in a crappy job, is when you start turning in a crappy performance yourself. At some point, you need to admit that you aren't exactly making the situation any better when your own performance isn't exactly getting it done and is contributing to the overall crappiness. 

The way I deal with crappy, greedy management is to do my job, nothing more, nothing less. No extra effort, above and beyond, etc, except in the service of helping a coworker get through their crappy day. I enforce my professional boundaries,  and ensure my ass is covered 24/7. I will not shield management from the consequences of their idiotic behavior, and make no bones about it. 
My job does pay well, and has been a blessing during the pandemic, therefore I stay. 
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 12:25 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: It was AJ that said he was having issues learning the offense. 

As for Carlos, I've always been a big fan of his. I'm very disappointed with how he's handled this and even more disappointed with his overall performance this year. Outside of one game, he just hasn't really been a factor at all. He's had a really nice career here, but in a 'what have you done for me lately' business, he just isn't getting it done right now. Maybe can he can turn it around in the 2nd half of the season. I hope so. I want him focusing more on his on-field hits than his social media hits. 

BTW...I'm not defending Zac or his record at all, but I'm also not holding the Carlos situation against him. If Carlos wants to be the starter, then he needs to prove it on the field...not on Twitter and Instagram.

Preaching to the choir as to the way he's doing it. I hate social media. I did chuckle at his "Stand down, and stand by" comment, but that in and of itself is one of the things I hate about social media... And none of us know for sure, but I just feel like there is a utilization problem with this team right now. There's a giant ass albatross on the offensive side, and we don't seem to be playing to guys' strengths on defense.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 12:36 AM)Tony Wrote: Mixon publicly just called Dunlap a coward on carlos IG. You ever think players like him and Geno are actually the problem? They are obviously not team first players. Get em the F out of here.. Time for these guys to earn their playing time. Last thing I remember of Carlos is Wentz destroying him for a TD in the 4th quarter..

I don't think Mixon was talking about Carlos with that, but I don't know. I don't speak drama queen. Just seems sorta... Off to call someone out with the lil laughing emoji.

It's almost like these guys are teenage girls.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 12:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am saying they are both counted accurately.  It is just that a pass rush win is meaningless if it does not result in any meaningful production.

Woah woah woah hold on a minute. Aren’t you the guy that is always using pass rush win rate as a way of saying Carl Lawson is one of the best rushers in the league? Didn’t you and I have a huge debate this offseason because i said PRWR is nothing if you can’t finish and you told me I was silly?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 12:57 AM)jason Wrote: I don't think Mixon was talking about Carlos with that, but I don't know. I don't speak drama queen. Just seems sorta... Off to call someone out with the lil laughing emoji.

It's almost like these guys are teenage girls.

It's all so, Eeeww!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 12:53 AM)jason Wrote: Preaching to the choir as to the way he's doing it. I hate social media. I did chuckle at his "Stand down, and stand by" comment, but that in and of itself is one of the things I hate about social media... And none of us know for sure, but I just feel like there is a utilization problem with this team right now. There's a giant ass albatross on the offensive side, and we don't seem to be playing to guys' strengths on defense.

I hate social media as well for this very reason.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 12:53 AM)jason Wrote: Preaching to the choir as to the way he's doing it. I hate social media. I did chuckle at his "Stand down, and stand by" comment, but that in and of itself is one of the things I hate about social media... And none of us know for sure, but I just feel like there is a utilization problem with this team right now. There's a giant ass albatross on the offensive side, and we don't seem to be playing to guys' strengths on defense.

Honestly, at this point, I'm tired of Zac and Carlos.

All I want for Christmas is a new owner, a real GM, a head coach that looks competent, some quality position coaches, an o-line that can block, receivers that can create separation, a defense that can stop the run, pressure the QB, and occasionally cover a TE. 

Is that too much to ask for?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 01:26 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Honestly, at this point, I'm tired of Zac and Carlos.

All I want for Christmas is a new owner, a real GM, a head coach that looks competent, some quality position coaches, an o-line that can block, receivers that can create separation, a defense that can stop the run, pressure the QB, and occasionally cover a TE. 

Is that too much to ask for?  Ninja

You said it all in one paragraph. 
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote