Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seen Worse Times
Marvin gonna put this on t shirts?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 11:35 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Will be exciting to see who they draft with that early selection. Plus have a boatload more picks to follow as well.

Last 2 drafts our 1st round picks have played zero snaps, that needs to change in 2017 so hopefully stays healthy! Also, our recent drafts have been average at best so far, we need a home run draft with 11 picks or the ability to trade up if need be because of  those 11 picks.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm just gonna kick up my feet and laugh a little bit because it doesn't really matter what anyone says because the drama here is thick. LOL

I remember this time last year we had no wide-outs. Not even a worry this off-season.

There has to be drama every season. There just has to be.
Reply/Quote
I'm reminded that this team went 6 and 9 last year with Whit and Zeitler
Losing Green and Eifert and Bernard is 60 precent of your playmakers right there
The defenses inability to get off the field on 3rd down was a issue
Our lbs inability to cover in space was exposed
Mike Nugent cost this team 2 to 4 games
The 1st first picks of 2017 never saw the field
Adding Minter Billings Jackson gives this defense 3 guys under 30 that is much needed
Hopefully the 9th pick in the draft can contribute right away
Losing Whitworth could be a bleasing in disguise
Andy needs to step up and be that lockeroom general
Great teams are lead by QB not LT
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2017, 01:42 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I'm reminded that this team went 6 and 9 last year  with Whit and Zeitler
Losing Green and Eifert and Bernard is 60 precent of your playmakers right there
The defenses inability to get off the field on 3rd down was a issue
Our lbs inability to cover in space was exposed
Mike Nugent cost this team 2 to 4 games
The 1st first picks of 2017 never saw the field
Adding Minter Billings Jackson gives this defense 3 guys under 30 that is much needed
Hopefully the 9th pick in the draft can contribute right away
Losing Whitworth could be a bleasing in disguise
Andy needs to step up and be that lockeroom general
Great teams are lead by QB not LT

Great stuff
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm conflicted. Part of me wants to be positive for the following reasons:

1. The defense is still pretty stout.
2. Minter and Andre Smith were decent FA additions.
3. Billings and WJ3 are healthy, which is almost like having a couple extra good picks.
4. Eifert (knock on wood) is healthy, which he wasn't at this point last year.
5. 11 draft picks, including 9th and 41st.
6. Dalton and Green.
7. I don't think the line can get much worse than last year, regardless of who we lost.

But I also feel like the Bengals deserve to be ripped for...

1. Drafting bad linemen like Ogbuehi, Bodine and to a lesser extent Fisher.
2. Sticking with Marvin and Paul Alexander no matter how bad they fail.
3. Making an offer to Whit (which seems to admit lack of confidence in Ogbuehi), then making Ogbuehi the backup plan for losing Whit.

The o-line has just been a complete disaster and it doesn't feel like there's any urgency to seriously fix it. Will it be as bad as last year? Maybe, but probably not. They shouldn't be happy with slightly better than awful, though. They should want to have one of the better lines in the league. Not just in pass pro, but also in run blocking - which should seemingly be more important to a team that is clearly run first (top 8 in rush attempts in the last 3 years).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote