Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Carlos speaks out about Racism and Bengals
He isn't happy with the team's response to everything that is going on. He would like to see them more involved in the community. He did speak positively about Elizabeth Blackburn. He want to meet directly with Mike Brown.

This story WILL get picked up by national media

https://local12.com/sports/bengals/dunlap-unhappy-with-bengals-response-to-floyd-death-talks-own-instance-of-being-profiled-carlos-george-floyd-cincinnati-mike-brown-nfl-pro-football

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Brown family is historically progressive in racial equality. Maybe Carlos doesn't know their history.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Ah boohoo. Let’s get Mike Brown to kiss the feet of Dunlap’s on the local news. Psh.
Carlos has been a class player on and off the field. He wants a meeting with Mike good for Carlos. Those hating on Carlos shame on you.
(08-24-2020, 07:03 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Brown family is historically progressive in racial equality.  Maybe Carlos doesn't know their history.

[Image: benjarvus-green-ellis-mike-brown-knee.jpg]

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(08-24-2020, 08:16 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Carlos has been a class player on and off the field. He wants a meeting with Mike good for Carlos. Those hating on Carlos shame on you.

How would you feel if one of your employees went public with "my boss is not doing enough" without ever requesting to speak with you? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-24-2020, 07:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Ah boohoo. Let’s get Mike Brown to kiss the feet of Dunlap’s on the local news. Psh.

Ignorant comment. 
(08-24-2020, 08:16 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Carlos has been a class player on and off the field. He wants a meeting with Mike good for Carlos. Those hating on Carlos shame on you.

Ah don’t get me wrong, I’m not hating on Carlos, just hating the notion that the Bengals didn’t act quick enough.

Show me what some other franchises did that was so much better than what Cincinnati did. I haven’t done the research on what other clubs did but I was actually very pleased with the response and donation. Lastly, if Carlos had an issue, why is it coming up now?
Honestly what do the players expect the Teams to do?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Gentlemen, although this thread does belong in jungle noise, please take precaution to keep it clean and un-offensive to others. We are a community and respect, regardless of opinion, should be shown in this (and all) discussion. Opinions differ and too many times we let conviction and anger cloud our judgements to a viscous exchange of words. Let's not let this happen here.

Just exactly what is Mike Brown suppose to do? Do we want a billionaire speaking about equality? That isn't a slam against Carlos or Mike. 
(08-24-2020, 08:16 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He wants a meeting with Mike good for Carlos.

Great, maybe he can sort that out in private and not turn into a media story, where brings a spotlight on to an organization whose response has mirrored that of their peers.

And what does he want from them exactly?  What could they possibly do?  Bring awareness?  I think that's been done (and done, and done, and done, and done...) already.

It's pretty rare I come to the defense of Mike Brown, but this is one of those times.  Many people might not know this so I think it needs to be said:

It's well known that the Brown family has made numerous donations that were done privately through the years, not wanting attention.  And that's kind of how charity really is supposed to work, at least in my mind.

So who's to say they haven't done things behind the scenes recently?  Has Carlos checked the family's financial records to confirm they could do more?

Lastly, Carlos Dunlap has made just shy of 90 million dollars in his NFL career.  Rather than looking for others to get invlolved, how about he leads the charge?  He can afford donating a cool million of his own money if he's so passionate about it.
(08-24-2020, 08:57 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Great, maybe he can sort that out in private and not turn into a media story, where brings a spotlight on to an organization whose response has mirrored that of their peers.

And what does he want from them exactly?  What could they possibly do?  Bring awareness?  I think that's been done (and done, and done, and done, and done...) already.

It's pretty rare I come to the defense of Mike Brown, but this is one of those times.  Many people might not know this so I think it needs to be said:

It's well known that the Brown family has made numerous donations that were done privately through the years, not wanting attention.  And that's kind of how charity really is supposed to work, at least in my mind.

So who's to say they haven't done things behind the scenes recently?  Has Carlos checked the family's financial records to confirm they could do more?

Lastly, Carlos Dunlap has made just shy of 90 million dollars in his NFL career.  Rather than looking for others to get invlolved, how about he leads the charge?  He can afford donating a cool million of his own money if he's so passionate about it.

He was supportive of everything they have done. sometimes media can bait a person into saying more than needed to be said, He brung up his own personal experiences also wanting a direct conversation with the owner isn't a bad thing, maybe calling for it publicly was a bit much it is slighly inappropriate to make that call public.  Like I said media can bait you sometimes
Yeah... I mean it'd be different if tax payer money was headed toward the organization in any way.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(08-24-2020, 09:09 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He was supportive of everything they have done. sometimes media can bait a person into saying more than needed to be said, He brung up his own personal experiences also wanting a direct conversation with the owner isn't a bad thing, maybe calling for it publicly was a bit much it is slighly inappropriate to make that call public.  Like I said media can bait you sometimes

Spot on and it's why my only comment is "How would you feel as his boss".

As example: The word "unhappy" is referenced once in the article and it was in what the author titled it.  

No idea who  Richard Skinner is, but Carlos should punch him in the mouth
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-24-2020, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Spot on and it's why my only comment is "How would you feel as his boss".

As example: The word "unhappy" is referenced once in the article and it was in what the author titled it.  

No idea who  Richard Skinner is, but Carlos should punch him in the mouth

That's racist lol

Not sure if you were talking about me but there was only one other comment so.... I wasn't hating on Carlos.  Just pointing out that the Brown family was instrumental in integrating black players and also was instrumental in giving black coaches more opportunities.  They deserve their kudos for the good they've done.  
Multi millionaires squabbling. Virtue signaling. That's what we need more of in football... Said no sane person ever.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
(08-24-2020, 09:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Spot on and it's why my only comment is "How would you feel as his boss".

No idea who  Richard Skinner is, but Carlos should punch him in the mouth

Around these parts we just refer to him as Dick.