Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman and Perine have Covid
(10-12-2021, 09:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Evans did not "flash a lot" in college.  His best rushing season was 685 yards and his best receiving season was 157 yards.

Here is a comparison between Perine's FRESHMAN SEASON at Oklahoma compared to Evans ENTIRE CAREER at Michigan

Perine.....1713 rush yards, 21 tds, 6.5 avg
Evans.....1795 rush yards, 15 tds, 5.6 avg

I am not a huge fan of Perine.  And I am not trying to bash Evans.  I'd love to see Chris develop into a good third down back.  But the amount of love he gets around here for doing nothing ion college is a bit ridiculous at times.

Look up his highlights , then try to even find Perines highlights.. Evans had injuries and crowded RB room. He didn't get to play as much as he should've...
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 02:25 PM)Tony Wrote: Look up his highlights , then try to even find Perines highlights..

The fact that you could not find Perine's highlights says a lot about your knowledge of college football.

Perine' s best SINGLE GAME in college he gained 427 rushing yards  Evans best SEASON in college he gained 685 yards.

Evans had three 100 yard games in 4 seasons with zero 200 yard games.  Perine had fifteen 100 yard games in just 3 years with 6 over 200 yards.

(10-12-2021, 02:25 PM)Tony Wrote:  Evans had injuries and crowded RB room. 

Evans was a back up to scrubs like. De'Veon Smith, Karan Higdon, and Hassan Haskins.

Perine played ahead of a guy who had a couple of 1100 yard seasons in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 02:25 PM)Tony Wrote: Look up his highlights , then try to even find Perines highlights.. Evans had injuries and crowded RB room. He didn't get to play as much as he should've...

The more u debate the worse your argument gets on Perine 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 02:25 PM)Tony Wrote: Look up his highlights , then try to even find Perines highlights.. Evans had injuries and crowded RB room. He didn't get to play as much as he should've...

You are aware he has the single-game, NCAA record for rushing yards, right?

Do yourself a favour and stop talking.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 01:22 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You are aware he has the single-game, NCAA record for rushing yards, right?

Do yourself a favour and stop talking.
No one knows that because ,no one knows who Perine is...
I don't care. HE SUCKS... Evans needs to be the primary #2 RB.. This isn't college.. Perine wasn't worth the 3 mill.. Waste of money. If he was so good he would've been on a roster starting by now.  He sucks at this level..
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 12:08 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The more u debate the worse your argument gets on Perine 

He's trash.. What has he ever done in the NFL? 1 good game against a Shit Texans team that already gave up at years end?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 01:44 AM)Tony Wrote: No one knows that because ,no one knows who Perine is...
I don't care. HE SUCKS... Evans needs to be the primary #2 RB.. This isn't college.. Perine wasn't worth the 3 mill.. Waste of money. If he was so good he would've been on a roster starting by now.  He sucks at this level..

No one is saying he’s a starter. But he’s a perfectly decent #2. His average in Cincy is 4.7 Y/A through 27 games. That’s not even close to “sucking.”

If you want to criticize his blocking that’s entirely fair. He’s awful at it. But he’s a solid runner.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 02:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No one is saying he’s a starter.  But he’s a perfectly decent #2. His average in Cincy is 4.7 Y/A through 27 games. That’s not even close to “sucking.”

If you want to criticize his blocking that’s entirely fair. He’s awful at it. But he’s a solid runner.

But, wait.  Tony said Perine sucked in ALL CAPS.  

How can you possibly counter an argument that strong with something like silly statistics.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 01:44 AM)Tony Wrote:  If he was so good he would've been on a roster starting by now.  

You mean like Chris Evans?

LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 02:35 PM)Tony Wrote: At least there is an excuse now I guess... I think Perine is complete dog !@$#... I wish they would cut him and go with Evans and Treyvon Williams..

Perine played very well against Green Bay.  
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 01:44 AM)Tony Wrote: No one knows that because ,no one knows who Perine is...

$3 mill for Perine is across 2 seasons. It's only $1.5 mill per season.
That's a heck of a deal compared to what Bernard was making, which was $5 mill per year to be a backup.

Across last year, Perine had 467 yards from scrimmage on just 63 rushes + 11 receptions (12 targets). So 6.31 yards per touch.
In the same year on the same team, Bernard had 771 yards from scrimmage but on 124 rushes + 47 receptions (59 targets). 4.51 yards per touch.

Given that Bernard was making about 4x more than Perine last year, it made sense to move on from Bernard to save some cap and roll with Perine.
Sure, Perine may not be quite the pass blocker, but I want my RB to run the ball and catch passes primarily.
If you really wanna pass protect, use a FB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Smith officially listed at RG1 and Evans as RB2 on the depth chart

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 02:27 PM)pally Wrote: Smith officially listed at RG1 and Evans as RB2 on the depth chart

If SP cannot go on Sunday we must do something. I'd assume the move will be to activate Tray Williams, but I wouldn't mind seeing Hollifield just because it's something different.

I look forward to DS getting some PT. I just hope we don't hurt his development by throwing him into the fire of a position he's never played. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 02:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If SP cannot go on Sunday we must do something. I'd assume the move will be to activate Tray Williams, but I wouldn't mind seeing Hollifield just because it's something different.

I look forward to DS getting some PT. I just hope we don't hurt his development by throwing him into the fire of a position he's never played. 

Trayveon Williams was protected this week from being grabbed by another team.  I would anticipate him being active from the PS on Sunday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 07:35 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean like Chris Evans?

LOL

Evans is a rookie... Not the same..
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 02:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If SP cannot go on Sunday we must do something. I'd assume the move will be to activate Tray Williams, but I wouldn't mind seeing Hollifield just because it's something different.

I hope we see alot of Evans and that he becomes our #2 
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 03:22 PM)Tony Wrote: Evans is a rookie... Not the same..

You're right.  Not the same at all.

Perine started 8 games and rushed for over 600 yards his rookie season.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 08:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You're right.  Not the same at all.

Perine started 8 games and rushed for over 600 yards his rookie season.

Evans hasn't got his shot yet...Hopefully he does this Sunday... I love his skill set for this offense..
Reply/Quote
Hope Evans comes in and lights the world on fire for Bengals and forces his way into line-up.

Yet don't get all the venom spit towards Perine on this board. Especially after a solid game.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 09:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Evans did not "flash a lot" in college.  His best rushing season was 685 yards and his best receiving season was 157 yards.

Here is a comparison between Perine's FRESHMAN SEASON at Oklahoma compared to Evans ENTIRE CAREER at Michigan

Perine.....1713 rush yards, 21 tds, 6.5 avg
Evans.....1795 rush yards, 15 tds, 5.6 avg

I am not a huge fan of Perine.  And I am not trying to bash Evans.  I'd love to see Chris develop into a good third down back.  But the amount of love he gets around here for doing nothing ion college is a bit ridiculous at times.

I don't know what's sadder, those stats of his or the fact that we drafted him.

Michigan isn't what it once was.

Reply/Quote