Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman under contract

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Nice.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 02:44 PM)pally Wrote:

In related news, Bengals are now getting fitted for SB rings as a result.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 02:44 PM)pally Wrote:

He looks like a big dude, a really big dude. I know many were strictly looking at NFL tackles who are projected to play OT and were unaware his stock slipped due to injury.

But, I see him as our starting RG by week #1 and a possible RT in 2022. I also love the upside of Smith drafted in round 4, I believe one or both will be the icing on the cake by 2023 looking back at 2021 draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Hope Big Daddy kills it at RG this year. We need him to step up in a big way beside Reiff.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
+1 because he likes Skyline.
Reply/Quote
He's smiling, got himself a gold watch and looks like he's happy to be a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
I was Team Sewell, but I'm a-okay with Carman. I am warming up to our Bengal's draft and will be supportive of the new additions to the family. Welcome.
Reply/Quote
Congrats to the kid. He's earned it. He can take care of his family now. Well done.
Reply/Quote
I'm truly torn on this one, fellas.

My optimistic heart wants to say "Hey, look at this guy signing before the majority of other 2nd round picks. He must really want to get to work!".

While my skeptical brain says his agent likely said "Hey Tubby, you better get over there and sign that deal, before that back injury flares up and they change their minds altogether".. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 07:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm truly torn on this one, fellas.

My optimistic heart wants to say "Hey, look at this guy signing before the majority of other 2nd round picks.  He must really want to get to work!".

While my skeptical brain says his agent likely said "Hey Tubby, you better get over there and sign that deal, before that back injury flares up and they change their minds altogether"..   Ninja

I know, me too.

I'm hoping he trims down and turns into a stud.
Reply/Quote
Welcome aboard big fellow

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 08:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I know, me too.

I'm hoping he trims down and turns into a stud.

Trims down? WTH, his biggest draw was his athleticism. He does not need to lose weight.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 07:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm truly torn on this one, fellas.

My optimistic heart wants to say "Hey, look at this guy signing before the majority of other 2nd round picks.  He must really want to get to work!".

While my skeptical brain says his agent likely said "Hey Tubby, you better get over there and sign that deal, before that back injury flares up and they change their minds altogether"..   Ninja

Know he played the season with that spare tire but thought he lost it before the combine 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 09:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Trims down? WTH, his biggest draw was his athleticism. He does not need to lose weight.

Yes, where is this coming from? He is in just as good of shape as Sewell and you want your Guards to be big and athletic.

Carman fits the bill more than Sewell. We needed interior help more than edge help this Offseason.

Carman is a great run blocker more ready to play Guard than Sewell was and we got him in the 2nd plus Shelvin and D'Ante.

Carman is 100% with his back, don't understand the concern with him.

Ecstatic to have him in the fold. Wink
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 09:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, where is this coming from? He is in just as good of shape as Sewell and you want your Guards to be big and athletic.

Carman fits the bill more than Sewell. We needed interior help more than edge help this Offseason.

Carman is a great run blocker more ready to play Guard than Sewell was and we got him in the 2nd plus Shelvin and D'Ante.

Carman is 100% with his back, don't understand the concern with him.

Ecstatic to have him in the fold. Wink

Somehow the back thing got blown out of proportion. He had the procedure and now he's 100%. It did cause a minor slide because he had to do a private workout as Pro Day was scheduled during his recovery period. However the grades after the private workout put him either in Rd 2 or end of Rd 1. He went exactly where he should have and we got a pair of 4s in the bargain - what is the issue?
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 11:03 PM)Joelist Wrote: Somehow the back thing got blown out of proportion. He had the procedure and now he's 100%. It did cause a minor slide because he had to do a private workout as Pro Day was scheduled during his recovery period. However the grades after the private workout put him either in Rd 2 or end of Rd 1. He went exactly where he should have and we got a pair of 4s in the bargain - what is the issue?

Thank You. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Awesome. Go get ‘em big fella.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2021, 11:03 PM)Joelist Wrote: Somehow the back thing got blown out of proportion. He had the procedure and now he's 100%. It did cause a minor slide because he had to do a private workout as Pro Day was scheduled during his recovery period. However the grades after the private workout put him either in Rd 2 or end of Rd 1. He went exactly where he should have and we got a pair of 4s in the bargain - what is the issue?

I have no doubt the history of Clemson OL in the draft hurt his stock a little
Reply/Quote

Saying he is a 100% healthy is a bit of a reach we won't know that until we see him play.
Reply/Quote