Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman under contract
(05-19-2021, 10:04 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I disagree.... It's impossible not to judge. Our subconscious does it for us in every single thing we see, hear, taste, touch, etc.

Basically, you're really just asking him to not speak his opinion of your outspoken opinion against what he obviously feels is a foolish stance.... Oh, the irony.

People should outwardly judge more, IMO. It would force us to all to have to explain and own up to our opinions and logically (or idiotically) show our line of thinking. Others would rather hide behind the classic: I'm allowed an opinion (a fancy word for judgement, btw). Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

^ Certainly people are free to have an opinion and express it. And others are free to have an opinion on if that opinion makes someone a bad fan.... or not.... and express it. It's only fair.

Yuck
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 09:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I criticize the team for things I think need to be criticized. I didn't like the fact MB wouldn't spend on free agents. He's changed that. I didn't like the fact we were stuck in mediocrity with Marvin, and they changed that (finally). It doesn't bother me that it's a family run business. It doesn't bother me that they practice outside. I don't like our win/loss record with Taylor, but I see what he's doing, who he's bringing in, and like what he's building. I like our last couple of drafts. I see that Lou is trying to build HIS defense and has changed personnel to suit what he wants to do. I acknowledge the fact (as do the analysts on NFL radio) that no DC could have been successful with the MASH unit they had last year. So I remain positive on most everything with the team as it stands today. I've also said this is Taylor's sink or swim year. So instead of criticizing every single move they make, to include draft picks who haven't taken a single snap yet, I choose to remain positive. I mean, really, if all someone is going to do is complain about every single move this team makes, why would they not switch to a team they think is run the way they want it to be? Life is too short to wallow in pessimistic misery.

Exactly.  This is how I feel as well.  It's not all rainbows and candy canes, but it's not all doom and gloom either.  I prefer to be somewhere in the middle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 01:38 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Yuck

Gross
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 01:47 PM)Earendil Wrote: Exactly.  This is how I feel as well.  It's not all rainbows and candy canes, but it's not all doom and gloom either.  I prefer to be somewhere in the middle.

Hey, I think different opinions are great. Not everyone thinks alike and that's a good thing. I just don't get people putting their opinions on a public message board and then clutching at their pearls when others respond in disagreement or take offense to them.

Some people's emotions and psyche are more fragile than others. Those more fragile people should think twice about publicly sharing their thoughts on a forum where people might, do to the openess of a forum, publicly disagree or judge them for it.

This isn't a Bengals "safe place" where every idea shared gets validated with a trophy or pat on the head accompanied by an "Atta boy". I hold out hope that if someone says something stupid and gets told it's stupid and why that maybe... just maybe they will stop being stupid. Or, at the very least, stop publicly alerting others as to their stupidity by saying stupid things.

At some point in life, someone's got to let them know they aren't saying smart things. If not... how would they ever know to work on their thought process. It's cruel to NOT tell someone "Hey, buddy, stop thinking and saying dumb stuff out loud. Think that idea through a little further or do some research before speaking".
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 09:56 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The labeling either way is the opposite of inclusion. Here is a thought, we a should not label anyone or anything. Opinions can be written without labeling (personal attacks).

Having said that, I am trying very hard (not always successful) to not start a war with my words. I know everyone in here shares one thing, we love our Bengals or did at one time and want reasons to love them again.

I don't condone or promote labeling.

That "homer" label, if ever applied to someone in the Bengals case, would be for someone extreme like Denny from the old boards.

Not someone focusing on positive aspects of the team.

The "team & owner do no wrong" mentality is sooo homer that the person would either have to be family or getting some benefits to outwardly project those feelings in a true manner.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
When did it become a bad thing to be a homer?

With the way JN has been trending we can go ahead and shut down the smack talk forum
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 01:47 PM)Earendil Wrote: Exactly.  This is how I feel as well.  It's not all rainbows and candy canes, but it's not all doom and gloom either.  I prefer to be somewhere in the middle.

I don't like to ride the razor blade fence but with this team you cannot just say they haven't done anything good like some on the 
doom an gloom side are doing. We have done more good moves in FA than I can ever remember and have had a couple good to 
great Drafts in a row. Lets just hope this goes well and the coaching improves shall we.

Winning will solve all.
Reply/Quote
I've said it before, but my go to favorite quote that applies perfectly to the Bengals, "a pessimist is an optimist with experience." I also use "hope for the best but expect the worst" when it comes to my beloved Bengals! Just too many years of crushed hope.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 09:35 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: I've said it before, but my go to favorite quote that applies perfectly to the Bengals, "a pessimist is an optimist with experience." I also use "hope for the best but expect the worst" when it comes to my beloved Bengals! Just too many years of crushed hope.

Well yeah, that is the way I roll lol
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2021, 01:45 PM)AtomicBlaze Wrote: Saying he is a 100% healthy is a bit of a reach we won't know that until we see him play.

Football now is like the current retail world, except that in the retail business, they rename it to "refurbished" or "renewed".   Hilarious

Technically, Burrow is a refurbished QB player. Ninja
Reply/Quote