Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson/Chad, Dalton/Green or Burrow/Chase
You get each in their prime and the magic guarantee that whoever you pick will be healthy for 10 years.

Who you takin?

I gotta go Burrow and Chase. I just haven’t seen many QBs play QB like Joe and this is dating back to LSU. He totally demolished Clemson and the whole country that year.

Jamarr’s catching ability while great, i don’t think is on Green or Chads level but he’s a big play guy and he’s the leagues best WR after the catch imo.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Gotta go with Burrow and Chase. Both are already breaking records. Chase’s game has evolved even just this year. They can all three take the top off of the defense, but Chase is such a fluid and strong runner and I think he has the other 2 beat, and he can take any catch to the house.
Reply/Quote
Burrow/Chase, pretty easily.

I do think that Palmer/Chad could have been greater than they ended up being if their situations would have played out differently. Keep the physical (and mental) health intact and they would have been an all-time great combo.

I love Andy Dalton, but him being half of the Dalton/Green combo makes that a very far off third for me. Talent wise, he wasn't all that close to Palmer or Burrow.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's like picking your favorite kid... I'm glad we had all of them. I live in the moment though so Joe and Ja'Marr it is.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 04:23 PM)Housh Wrote: You get each in their prime and the magic guarantee that whoever you pick will be healthy for 10 years.

Who you takin?

I gotta go Burrow and Chase. I just haven’t seen many QBs play QB like Joe and this is dating back to LSU. He totally demolished Clemson and the whole country that year.

Jamarr’s catching ability while great,  i don’t think is on Green or Chads level but he’s a big play guy and he’s the leagues best WR after the catch imo.

Burrow and chase all day.  But I would have loved to see burrow with prime aj or Chad.  Wouldve been pretty sweet.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Easy to say Chase/Burrow after one season. Ask me again in 10 years when it’s a fair comparison though. Never know what is going to happen in the future. Carson/Chad or Dalton/Green after one year had a ton of potential too. They were both great duos but I wanna see Burrow/Chase earn it for a decade. Hopefully it’ll be an even easier call at that time and they make this season look pedestrian.
Reply/Quote
Got to be careful comparing raw numbers from different eras.

Chase is on pace to break Chad's single season yardage record, but he is only 4th in the league. Chad, on the other hand, led the entire league in receiving yards in '06 and was top 3 for three straight years.

Burrow is currently 2nd in passer rating, 6th in tds, and 5th in yards. In '05 Palmer was also 2nd in passer rating, but led the league in tds and was 4th in yards.

Dalton and Green were damn good, but I don't think they are even in this conversation.

Burrow and Chase are still really young with room to improve, but right now I would go with Carson and Chad.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 04:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Got to be careful comparing raw numbers from different eras.

Chase is on pace to break Chad's single season yardage record, but he is only 4th in the league. Chad, on the other hand, led the entire league in receiving yards in '06 and was top 3 for three straight years.

Burrow is currently 2nd in passer rating, 6th in tds, and 5th in yards.  In '05 Palmer was also 2nd in passer rating, but led the league in tds and was 4th in yards.

Dalton and Green were damn good, but I don't think they are even in this conversation.

Burrow and Chase are still really young with room to improve, but right now I would go with Carson and Chad.

Agreed.  Those two were electric for a long time.  I really don't doubt that Burrow and Chase will eventually outshine both of them in every facet (except for Chad's entertainment value).  Hopefully in a few years, I'd change my answer to Burrow and Chase.

Why not throw Boomer and Eddie Brown into the conversation?
Reply/Quote
Meh, I'll just say I'm glad we had interesting QB and WRs to watch during this rather frustrating span of 30 years.
Reply/Quote
Burrow and Chase, and it's not even close.
Reply/Quote
Need a bigger body of work for sure, however.

The potential of JB and JC is out of this world, so Burrow and Chase.
Reply/Quote
It seems pretty easy to take burrow and chase but Carson and Johnson were awesome.

I like both Dalton and Green but neither stacks up against their counterparts before work after.

The will tell if chase is better than Johnson but no doubt burrow is better than Carson. And I'm not saying that with any animosity to Carson. I just honestly think burrow is better and he's just getting started.
Reply/Quote
Klingler & Pickens
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Need a bigger body of work for sure, however.

The potential of JB and JC is out of this world, so Burrow and Chase.

I'll have to yet again agree with your take. Hindsight is everything and I already know Palmer/Johnson & Dalton/Green didn't bring home a playoff win or Super Bowl. Burrow and Chase still have the potential to win it all. I'm basing my view off of what the pair can do for the team rather than individual stats and accolades.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:46 PM)motoarch Wrote: It seems pretty easy to take burrow and chase but Carson and Johnson were awesome.

I like both Dalton and Green but neither stacks up against their counterparts before work after.

The will tell if chase is better than Johnson but no doubt burrow is better than Carson.  And I'm not saying that with any animosity to Carson.  I just honestly think burrow is better and he's just getting started.

Burrow is as good, if not better than Palmer. Chase is more physical than Chad ever was. Chad was a great route runner, but so is Chase. Sorry, Andy and AJ aren't even in the equation. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote:  I'm basing my view off of what the pair can do for the team rather than individual stats and accolades.

So they are better because of something they have not done?

Interesting logic.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 04:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Got to be careful comparing raw numbers from different eras.

Burrow is currently 2nd in passer rating, 6th in tds, and 5th in yards. In '05 Palmer was also 2nd in passer rating, but led the league in tds and was 4th in yards.

You’re comparing Chase’s rookie season (age 21) to Chad’s 6th year in the league though. Chad was 28 by 2006. Chase also has 13 TD’s through 16 games. Chad never had more than 10 in any given season.

And the fact that Burrow is even that high in total yards is impressive when you look at his # of attempts compared to the other top QB’s. He has 162 less than Brady, 94 less than Mahomes, 88 less than Herbert, etc. The only top guy with less than Burrow is Rodgers. And he’s about to win back-to-back MVP’s. And he also missed a game. But Joe’s yards would have been higher had Taylor literally not had the training wheels on him at the beginning of the season (understandably so).

Anyway, give me them LSU boys.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 05:48 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Klingler & Pickens

All jokes aside, could you imagine Pickens and Dillon with any of the three in this thread?

For me, I'll echo what others have said....JB and JC have had one helluva year, but that's just it. One year.

So for now, I'm rolling CP and CJ.

A little note here, all three of these duos have the same first initial. CP/CJ, AD/AG, JB/JC. Tiger

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 06:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re comparing Chase’s rookie season (age 21) to Chad’s 6th year in the league though. 

That is all I have to work with.

Randy Moss averaged 19.0 yards per reception his rookie season and then never did it again in his entire career.  Robert Griffen III finished 3rd in the league with a 102 passer rating his rookie season.

All I can do is compere the best I have seen from both players.
Reply/Quote
I didn't think about Dillon. We'd be almost impossible to defend.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote