Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson Palmer
(01-21-2016, 07:22 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: So, he's the reason the Bengals have made it to the playoffs for the last 5 years in a row?

Yet... he gets no appreciation, right? Y'all are some fanbase!  Rolleyes

Not exactly.....way to make a huge leap.  Also....don't paint me with broad brush strokes.

(01-21-2016, 07:36 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Really?

He was hated while he was actually the QB of the Bengals?  When he was here?

So, if he was hated while he was here, why was he hated when he left? Are you guys confused or what?

Wait.....I thought you lived in Indy.  Who's confused here? Freudian slip? Confused

rfaulk34
(01-21-2016, 07:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Thanks, Baskin Robbins.

Lmaoooooooo !!!!!!! Classic

Quote:McC
Quote:It was not exactly his intention.  Let's keep it in perspective and let's not rewrite history.

Exactly.

(01-22-2016, 12:14 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: First off, don't throw me in with those clowns who hated him while he was in Cincinnati. You wear the stripes, you have my support (not necessarily my respect though, Vontaze).

Second you have to remember he did quit on the team and by proxy the fans. It's not wrong for people to hate him for that, mor is it a stetch of the imagination that people would react negatively.

But I think for the most part, Bengals fans are indifferent towards the guy. He doesn't play in the division or the conference, so unless we see him in a Super Bowl he won't face us for another 4 years (barring another trade). He's just not that important anymore.

Pretty much sums it up.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Im like that jealous ex girlfriend who cant let go. I want Palmer to win a ring.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well, it looked like Carson opened a bakery last night. Wow! Talk about an interception machine.

Anyway... sorry about Carson imploding. I know there were Bengal fans who were rooting for him.

I'm rooting for Peyton to get a 2nd Superbowl ring and then retire. I don't think he has the physical ability to continue in the NFL. If he plays next year, he'll get physically injured - just like Matt Hasselbeck with the Colts. I want to see him go out on top.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 04:44 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Well, it looked like Carson opened a bakery last night. Wow! Talk about an interception machine.

Anyway... sorry about Carson imploding. I know there were Bengal fans who were rooting for him.

I'm rooting for Peyton to get a 2nd Superbowl ring and then retire. I don't think he has the physical ability to continue in the NFL. If he plays next year, he'll get physically injured - just like Matt Hasselbeck with the Colts. I want to see him go out on top.  ThumbsUp

You thought yesterday was bad? Wait till Peyton plays that defense. It is gonna be 2013 all over again.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 08:53 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: You thought yesterday was bad? Wait till Peyton plays that defense. It is gonna be 2013 all over again.

Did you see what the Denver defense did to Tom Brady and a Bill Belicheck coached Patriots team?

Peyton isn't Carson and the Panthers aren't the 1985 Bears. This Superbowl could end up being a low scoring game.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 09:20 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Did you see what the Denver defense did to Tom Brady and a Bill Belicheck coached Patriots team?

Peyton isn't Carson and the Panthers aren't the 1985 Bears. This Superbowl could end up being a low scoring game.

Peyton ain't Peyton anymore either.  If Wade Phillips doesn't come up with an excellent game plan, the Broncos are screwed.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 03:45 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Peyton ain't Peyton anymore either.  If Wade Phillips doesn't come up with an excellent game plan, the Broncos are screwed.

One thing I will give Phillips is he is a damn good defensive coordinator.  A horrible head coach but great calling a defense.

That's not to say he can stop Cam from being Cam.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 03:45 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Peyton ain't Peyton anymore either.  If Wade Phillips doesn't come up with an excellent game plan, the Broncos are screwed.

Not really. The Broncos have adjusted for Peyton not being Peyton. If things get really bad, there's always Brock. I don't think the Panthers are that much better than the Steelers or Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2016, 06:25 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Not really. The Broncos have adjusted for Peyton not being Peyton. If things get really bad, there's always Brock. I don't think the Panthers are that much better than the Steelers or Patriots.

Than you really haven't watched the Panthers have you? There defense is right up there with the Broncos. If it wasn't for the Patriots tackles barely touching Miller and Ware on every other play the Patriots probably would have won that game. Cam is way more elusive than Brady. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2016, 07:37 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Cam is way more elusive than Brady. 

Only because you can't see him in the dark.

Ninja

[Image: 561be12f627a1ab6d4f0aab7ce35844f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2016, 07:37 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Than you really haven't watched the Panthers have you? There defense is right up there with the Broncos. If it wasn't for the Patriots tackles barely touching Miller and Ware on every other play the Patriots probably would have won that game. Cam is way more elusive than Brady. 

Is Ron Rivera a better coach that Bill Belicheck?

You can't win a game as big as the Superbowl with just talent alone. Coaching makes a big difference. The Broncos outcoached Belicheck.

Cam may be more elusive than Brady, but Brady's been in games like this and he knows what to do in pressure situations. Cam is a big "maybe" at this point.

But you know... we'll see, right?
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2016, 11:32 PM)Beaker Wrote: Only because you can't see him in the dark.

Ninja

[Image: 561be12f627a1ab6d4f0aab7ce35844f.jpg]

Umm... when was the last time you watched an NFL football game in the dark?  Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2016, 06:25 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Not really. The Broncos have adjusted for Peyton not being Peyton. If things get really bad, there's always Brock. I don't think the Panthers are that much better than the Steelers or Patriots.
Yes, they adjusted with Wade Phillips coaching up an excellent defense.  Best shot the Afc had this year got jobbed by the refs.  Bengals, even with mccaron had Pitt beat.  Bengals would still be playing if not for rotten officiating.  Pats, broncos, Steelers, none of them as good as Cincy this year and the broncos are gonna get stomped if their defense ain't lights out.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 12:02 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Yes, they adjusted with Wade Phillips coaching up an excellent defense.  Best shot the Afc had this year got jobbed by the refs.  Bengals, even with mccaron had Pitt beat.  Bengals would still be playing if not for rotten officiating.  Pats, broncos, Steelers, none of them as good as Cincy this year and the broncos are gonna get stomped if their defense ain't lights out.

You know the Bengals lost to Denver and Pittsburgh with your backup QB...right?  And the Broncos had THEIR backup playing against them too.

What makes you so sure they would have beat New England?

Other than fan bravado?
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 02:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: You know the Bengals lost to Denver and Pittsburgh with your backup QB...right?  And the Broncos had THEIR backup playing against them too.

Other than fan bravado?

It's their logic.  Has been since 2005.  "If we feel we got jobbed, then we were obviously the best team in the field and would have gone on to win the Super Bowl in historic fashion."

Fantasy is their best self-medication in the face of depression. 
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 02:36 PM)GMDino Wrote: You know the Bengals lost to Denver and Pittsburgh with your backup QB...right?  And the Broncos had THEIR backup playing against them too.

Other than fan bravado?
We had been working on this new play where we send a broke ass position coach on the field...  Burfict was going to injure the 3 best Patriots (the ball boy, the cameraman, and Gronk) as well.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 07:39 PM)jason Wrote: We had been working on this new play where we send a broke ass position coach on the field...  Burfict was going to injure the 3 best Patriots (the ball boy, the cameraman, and Gronk) as well.

Pffft.

So nothing original and something didn't work in the latest playoff loss?   Mellow
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 08:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: Pffft.

So nothing original and something didn't work in the latest playoff loss?   Mellow

It's a copycat league my friend.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 09:12 PM)jason Wrote: It's a copycat league my friend.

Maybe the Bengals should copy winning playoff games?

Mellow
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2016, 04:14 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: It's their logic.  Has been since 2005.  "If we feel we got jobbed, then we were obviously the best team in the field and would have gone on to win the Super Bowl in historic fashion."

Fantasy is their best self-medication in the face of depression. 

You're not ********, you know we got screwed.  Tell yourself whatever you have to.  The refs handed you the game, egregiously so, and we took it from you anyway until Hill fumbled and the idiotic but understandable personal foul calls.  The bias was clear.  The refs weren't protecting Bengals players at all so the players had to protect themselves and they boiled over with the back to back personal foul calls at the end.  But when you're playing the refs and your opponent, sometimes you lose your shit I guess.

Gmdino, McCarron was playing better and better the more 1st team reps he got, it was clear who the best team in the AFC was, especially if Dalton could have been back for a possible AFC title game.  The patriots just weren't that good at the end of the year.  Drew the best possible match up they could have when they got KC.  Bengals would have whupped them with McCarron and hoped Dalton was back for Denver or KC, a game KC had a better chance in to the division familiarity.
Reply/Quote