Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson Palmer retires
I'm putting this in Jungle Noise because he was a Bengal for 7 years, and I would like to know what everyone's favorite Palmer moment was, and what your final opinion of him as a Bengal was.

Reply/Quote
Carson Palmer is retiring? This means one thing: Marvin Lewis is in the running to replace Bruce Arians!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
News gets here fast!
Reply/Quote
Man it was fun watching CP play. His playoff game against Rodgers was one of my favorite non-Bengals games.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I was ecstatic when the Bengals signed CP9, but I grew to not be a fan as he seemed to always like the school and environment at USC more than he did the team that paid him Millions.

My favorite moment was a game in which Marvin was going to call out the kicking team as time was expiring and CP9 talked him into going for it on 4th down.

WTS, I think his legacy will be wasted talent due to injury. Dude had every tool but the knee and elbow derailed what could have been a HOF career
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
My favorite Palmer moment was watching the Bengals whoop that ass when he came to town with the Raiders.

.....little P.A.B.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Wow. I see that Marvin comes back, and one of my favorite QB's Carson Palmer retires at the exact same time...

What a f***in day
Reply/Quote
Beating the Steelers in Heinz Field in 2005.
Reply/Quote
Ripping the Ochocinco nameplate off the back of Chad's jersey comes to mind.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
My favorite moment was the TD bomb on the first or second play against Minn. in '05.

Favorite memories were at DC in '04 and vs. Colts in '05 (because I attended both).

I'm still a fan, but I never liked that he bowed out on his teammates the way he did.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 07:18 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: My favorite Palmer moment was watching the Bengals whoop that ass when he came to town with the Raiders.

.....little P.A.B.

OK, I want to change my answer
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Palmer never fit in Cinci, and wouldnt have fit in any east coast or mid west team if you ask me. He's a cali golden boy and needs his sun and warm weather. I'm surprised he put in 7 seasons.

When he let that hot dog place put him in a poster about to cram a weenie down his throat, with his mouth wide open, and the sub-title read something like "Go Longer!" that sums Carson Palmer up to me. Go longer Carson... friggin weenie lol
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:59 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Palmer never fit in Cinci, and wouldnt have fit in any east coast or mid west team if you ask me. He's a cali golden boy and needs his sun and warm weather. I'm surprised he put in 7 seasons.

When he let that hot dog place put him in a poster about to cram a weenie down his throat, with his mouth wide open, and the sub-title read something like "Go Longer!"  that sums Carson Palmer up to me. Go longer Carson... friggin weenie lol

Who does fit in Cincy?  Illinois' own Ken Anderson?  NYC's Boomer Esiason?  Texan crapslinger, David Klingler?  Texas nice-guyer Andy Dalton? Our lifetime HC who is from Pittsburgh and won a SB with Baltimore? Or maybe Anderson and LeBeau who left here to go win rings with our hated rival?

Yeah, no one fits here.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:59 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Palmer never fit in Cinci, and wouldnt have fit in any east coast or mid west team if you ask me. He's a cali golden boy and needs his sun and warm weather. I'm surprised he put in 7 seasons.

When he let that hot dog place put him in a poster about to cram a weenie down his throat, with his mouth wide open, and the sub-title read something like "Go Longer!"  that sums Carson Palmer up to me. Go longer Carson... friggin weenie lol

Well then, once more, for old time's sake:

[Image: carson-palmer-likes-it-long-er.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 09:06 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Well then, once more, for old time's sake:

[Image: carson-palmer-likes-it-long-er.jpg]

Most of my friends are Steelers fans, so on the off chance times when this rotten team actually beat the Steelers I'd post that commercial to my facebook page as some sort of knowingly weak-ass smack.

And sad to say, what little ability we had to beat the Steelers went down even further once Carson left town.
Reply/Quote
You sure this isn't another ploy to force a trade. He's really pulling out on the stops this time.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 10:20 PM)bonesaw Wrote: You sure this isn't another ploy to force a trade.  He's really pulling out on the stops this time.

Laugh if you must, but the guy was willing to put his career on the line to save the Bengals from Marvin Lewis.  
Reply/Quote
My fav moment will be when CP reveals exactly what made him quit on us ( if ever ).
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 01:27 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: My fav moment will be when CP reveals exactly what made him quit on us ( if ever ).

Just a hunch, but I can only imagine it's for the same reason 95% of the posters on this message board are currently losing their minds and/or threatening to boycott the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
My favorite moment was when he was drafted. The hiring of Marvin and the drafting of Palmer brought hope.

Something this team has been very short on lately. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote