Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Carson lobbies to become first Secretary of Cookies
Back to the lighter side (because if there's anything positive we can get from the federal government, it's a few laughs).

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ben-carson-hearing-housing-secretary-confuses-reo-real-estate-term-with-oreo/

Quote:Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Ben Carson was quizzed at a hearing on Capitol Hill Tuesday, resulting in yet another viral moment for the cabinet official. Appearing before the House Financial Services Committee for an oversight hearing, Democratic Rep. Katie Porter asked Carson to help define what "REOs" are.

For those not in well-versed in housing terminology, "REO" stands for "real estate owned" — a term used to describe foreclosed property that has been transferred back to a bank or lender after an unsuccessful auction. Banks will typically sell REO properties as-is, meaning the buyer buys the home and all the problems along with it.

Carson, however, appeared to have misheard Porter, thinking she was referring to the delicious chocolate sandwich cookie.

"An Oreo?" Carson responded.

"No, not an Oreo, an R-E-O," Porter spelled out.

What followed was an awkward back and forth with the congresswoman as Carson appeared to not know what REO stands for, responding: "Real estate?"

"What does the O stand for?" Porter probed.

"Organization?" Carson suggested. Porter retorted: "Owned. 'Real estate owned.' That's what happens when a property goes into foreclosure. We call it an REO."

To Carson's credit, he owned up to the flub, taking a picture of a $3 package of the cookies on the $31,000 table taxpayers bought for him. No one is quite sure whether or not he knows cookies can't actually own property or not, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
That was totally fun and totally not partisan idiocy!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------

That guy should get more sleep or something. He always acts like he is stoned.
(05-22-2019, 02:13 AM)Benton Wrote: Back to the lighter side (because if there's anything positive we can get from the federal government, it's a few laughs).

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ben-carson-hearing-housing-secretary-confuses-reo-real-estate-term-with-oreo/

To Carson's credit, he owned up to the flub, taking a picture of a $3 package of the cookies on the $31,000 table taxpayers bought for him. No one is quite sure whether or not he knows cookies can't actually own property or not, though.

See?  You don't have to be a brain surgeon to hold that position.

Mellow

Actually it would be preferable if it were NOT a brain surgeon and someone who understood the position.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
THEREZ MORE SEZ FOX.

Dems use hearing to repeatedly quiz, stump Ben Carson on obscure acronyms
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-use-hearing-to-repeatedly-quiz-stump-ben-carson-on-obscure-acronyms

For Democrats on the House Financial Services Committee, Ben Carson’s unfamiliarity with certain abbreviations is nothing to LOL about.
The lawmakers, perhaps in coordination or perhaps by chance, used a committee hearing Tuesday to repeatedly grill the secretary of Housing and Urban Development on the meaning of obscure acronyms -- and then mocked him for not knowing....

Yet this wasn’t the only instance Tuesday where Carson was quizzed on his agency lexicon.
At another point, Ohio Rep. Joyce Beatty asked Carson to discuss “OMWI.”

Their discourse degenerated from there.

“Are you familiar with OMWI and what it is?” Beatty asked.
Carson replied: "With who?"
"OMWI," she said.
"Amway?" Carson asked, referring to the marketing company.
"OMWI,” Beatty said. “Come on Mr. Secretary. Now, I asked you this when you were here last year.
Beatty eventually explained that she was referring to an Office of Minority and Women Inclusion.
Beatty asked for Carson to name who leads that office; Carson said he couldn’t give her a name.
“Will you do me a favor, will you find out and would you send me a note back so we don’t ever have to repeat this again?” she said.

But a Republican on the committee, New York Rep. Lee Zeldin, called Beatty’s question to Carson “unfair,” explaining HUD doesn't have such an office.

UNFAIR DEMZ MAKE CARSON LOOK BAD WITH TRICKS.
SHAMEFUL--LIKE THEY TREATED BETSY DEVOS, RYAN ZINKE, AND SCOTT PRUITT.
(05-22-2019, 08:46 AM)Dill Wrote: THEREZ MORE SEZ FOX.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-use-hearing-to-repeatedly-quiz-stump-ben-carson-on-obscure-acronyms

For Democrats on the House Financial Services Committee, Ben Carson’s unfamiliarity with certain abbreviations is nothing to LOL about.
The lawmakers, perhaps in coordination or perhaps by chance, used a committee hearing Tuesday to repeatedly grill the secretary of Housing and Urban Development on the meaning of obscure acronyms -- and then mocked him for not knowing....

Yet this wasn’t the only instance Tuesday where Carson was quizzed on his agency lexicon.

"OMWI," she said.
"OMWI,” Beatty said. “Come on Mr. Secretary. Now, I asked you this when you were here last year.
Beatty eventually explained that she was referring to an Office of Minority and Women Inclusion.
Beatty asked for Carson to name who leads that office; Carson said he couldn’t give her a name.
“Will you do me a favor, will you find out and would you send me a note back so we don’t ever have to repeat this again?” she said.

But a Republican on the committee, New York Rep. Lee Zeldin, called Beatty’s question to Carson “unfair,” explaining HUD doesn't have such an office.

But a Republican on the committee, New York Rep. Lee Zeldin, called Beatty’s question to Carson “unfair,” explaining HUD doesn't have such an office.

Mellow

https://www.occ.gov/about/who-we-are/occ-for-you/diversity-and-inclusion-programs/omwi/index-omwi.html

The GOP just lies and assumes their sheep will believe it.  No wonder the evangelicals love them so much.  They share a playbook.
(05-22-2019, 08:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: But a Republican on the committee, New York Rep. Lee Zeldin, called Beatty’s question to Carson “unfair,” explaining HUD doesn't have such an office.

Mellow

LOL, Not a good defense when Carson also doesn't seem to know much about the offices HUD does have.

In any case, Zeldin forgot Carson was quizzed about OMWI last year, regarding its oversight of HUD, and even sent a follow up letter.
(05-22-2019, 08:46 AM)Dill Wrote: THEREZ MORE SEZ FOX.

"OMWI," she said.

I think he should've had more fun with it.

"REO. Do you know what that is?"
"Like, Speedwagon?" And then did some air guitar. 
(05-22-2019, 08:44 PM)Benton Wrote: I think he should've had more fun with it.

"REO. Do you know what that is?"
"Like, Speedwagon?" And then did some air guitar. 

Well, that would imply he is capable of such things.

He's apparently a brilliant surgeon.  That doesn't make him smart about other things.
So the Dems are calling Ben Carson an Oreo now?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-23-2019, 01:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So the Dems are calling Ben Carson an Oreo now?

That's seems very racist of them.

On the other hand, I prefer Strawberry OREO's dipped in Strawberry milk while Alexa plays In My Dreams by REO Speedwagon while browsing Foreclosures.