Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson on Joe
(01-16-2021, 04:26 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... It was in Denver.

And I think the Holmes return TD was on the overtime kickoff in the season finale.

Yup. I remember it clearly now..
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2021, 02:43 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Scared? Carson?! How about the ***** playing D in 06/07 man up and make a stop? They gave up a TON of points. Carson kicked ass those seasons. Scared??? Pfffft!

Brad, mayne stick to things you know more about... like how Dalton's hog size makes him a better leader.

Ha!  I know plenty about that!

After the season, Carson even admitted that he needed to work on following through with his steps!  He was back to normal by 07!

Good try on the personal attack but you're just making yourself look bad!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2021, 04:26 PM)jason Wrote: Yeah... It was in Denver.

And I think the Holmes return TD was on the overtime kickoff in the season finale.

It was an Antwan Randle El pass to Santonio Holmes in overtime.  I was there.  The people in my section were going nuts when Graham lined up for that 37 yarder only for him to shank it.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2021, 06:04 PM)spidey Wrote: It was an Antwan Randle El pass to Santonio Holmes in overtime.  I was there.  The people in my section were going nuts when Graham lined up for that 37 yarder only for him to shank it.

Oh yeah... One of those gadget plays they used to kill us with. It was on first down or something though; right?

I got to witness the Brandon Stokley game winning TD debacle in person a few years later... From that end zone he scored in.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2021, 06:19 PM)jason Wrote: I got to witness the Brandon Stokley game winning TD debacle in person a few years later... From that end zone he scored in.
Outside of the two Super Bowl losses, this was the most soul crushing loss I've experienced. I was numb for a week. Wait 8 months for the season to start and then THAT.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2021, 06:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ha!  I know plenty about that!

After the season, Carson even admitted that he needed to work on following through with his steps!  He was back to normal by 07!

Good try on the personal attack but you're just making yourself look bad!

Brad, your comments on Dalton's ding dong were the absolute greatest thing I've ever seen on any message board... ever. HOF type stuff, and I a. 100% serious.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2021, 02:53 PM)jason Wrote: Seem to remember a terrible Santonio Holmes return TD, and a missed Shayne Graham FG that would've put us in the playoffs in 06 too... In fact I think they had 3 chances to win one game, and blew all 3 in spectacular fashion.

"Bengals"

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Someone mentioned Joe burrow might not have his mobility, if that is true then that is scary. Joe Burrow's game is his movement in the pocket and scrambling. He don't have a strong arm either. That would make him very pedestrian..
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 12:42 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Brad, your comments on Dalton's ding dong were the absolute greatest thing I've ever seen on any message board... ever. HOF type stuff, and I a. 100% serious.

Way to avoid the substance of my post when you get called out on your garbage post after making a personal attack trying to discredit my first post  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 10:09 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Way to avoid the substance of my post when you get called out on your garbage post after making a personal attack trying to discredit my first post  ThumbsUp

He's not wrong about your post though, it was ........... "magnificent!!!!"  The story of that thread will outlive us all!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2021, 06:19 PM)jason Wrote: Oh yeah... One of those gadget plays they used to kill us with. It was on first down or something though; right?

I got to witness the Brandon Stokley game winning TD debacle in person a few years later... From that end zone he scored in.

I was with my daughter who had just finished playing a soccer game, watching her older brother's soccer game.   I started a very blue laced rant.   My daughter (15) was appalled.    She just looked at me and said, "Could you act any younger Dad?"

Shut me right up.   But I fumed for days.

There is some dark karma with this team.    Don't know what it is, but I'm praying it's run its course.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 10:09 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Way to avoid the substance of my post when you get called out on your garbage post after making a personal attack trying to discredit my first post  ThumbsUp

Brad, the substance of your post was moronic from the point you called Carson a coward. I gave you a pat on the head and a little treat for admiring Dalton's wiener.

What did you want Carson to say after those seasons? Something like "I was setting records after a destroyed knee, but The D was trash"? You calling him a coward just shows you're clueless. Notice the NUMEROUS posts talking about how trash the D was those seasons, which cost the Bengals the playoffs? but people talk about Carson's knee? He threw for over 4,000 yards in 06 & 07. You don't do that if you're playing scared.

BTW... your response to me ignored the substance of my post and just started attacking Palmer. Don't be a hypocrite, Bradly. If you want me to address the substance of your posts, you need to address the substances of mine when you respond... or I'll crap on you.

Now, see any good Alabama Slamma' pics lately? Fingers crossed Biden is hiding a real womb broom under those slacks. He's gonna need it! You know... for "leadership".
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 02:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He's not wrong about your post though, it was ........... "magnificent!!!!"  The story of that thread will outlive us all!

Pretty sure he got the wrong QB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2021, 02:41 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: But he could have been unbelievable and we could have won a few more games and been a hell of a lot better if he hadn't been scared.

Right. The 2006 season was on Carson, who threw for the second most TDs in the league, fifth most yards and had the 6th best QB rating. It definitely wasn't on the 30th ranked defense. Carson definitely kept Cincinnati from winning more games.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 09:27 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Brad, the substance of your post was moronic from the point you called Carson a coward. I gave you a pat on the head and a little treat for admiring Dalton's wiener.

What did you want Carson to say after those seasons? Something like "I was setting records after a destroyed knee, but The D was trash"? You calling him a coward just shows you're clueless. Notice the NUMEROUS posts talking about how trash the D was those seasons, which cost the Bengals the playoffs? but people talk about Carson's knee? He threw for over 4,000 yards in 06 & 07. You don't do that if you're playing scared.

BTW... your response to me ignored the substance of my post and just started attacking Palmer. Don't be a hypocrite, Bradly. If you want me to address the substance of your posts, you need to address the substances of mine when you respond... or I'll crap on you.

Now, see any good Alabama Slamma' pics lately? Fingers crossed Biden is hiding a real womb broom under those slacks. He's gonna need it! You know... for "leadership".

1  It's Bradley

2  Once again, you're posting with emotion and claiming I said things that I never said.  I NEVER called him a coward.  You're using emotional language to try to intimidate me and to get posters who can't see through you to pat you on the back.  Being tentative or even scared when someone is on the ground around your reconstructed knee isn't cowardice.  

I should just quit there because that just proves that your entire post is garbage and full of personal attacks.

Carson didn't have to say anything about his knee and how he was pulling up, he could have just said "I need to play better" if he wanted to take all the blame.  He also stopped pulling up and started following through more the next season after he claimed he had been working on it during the offseason.  

Again, you go back to the weiner comments in your last sentence because your post lacks anything with any value.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2021, 09:27 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Brad, the substance of your post was moronic from the point you called Carson a coward. I gave you a pat on the head and a little treat for admiring Dalton's wiener.

Since you called me stupid and made personal attacks, I decided to go and find evidence.

Here's the second half of the week 10 game against the Chargers:

-At 10:40 Carson's passing and there's a guy coming in to rush and Palmer jumps back as soon as he makes the throw and doesn't follow through.

Chiefs- 10 minutes in, doesn't step into the throw

25:30, throws off his back foot.

At 43:10 or so, he doesn't need to step into it but you can tell that he sort of jumps back from the other players after he throws it.

I'm sure I could find a bunch more examples, but why bother when your only response is personal attacks with nothing to counter my actual evidence?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2021, 12:27 PM)pally Wrote: 2 extra months for rehab means a lot

"It comes down to mindset. It's really tedious. It's really boring. Especially the beginning stuff," Carson Palmer said. "But Joe's a gym rat. That's his mentality."

and for all those who rip on the team's training staff

When he says Burrow is in good hands, he was in those same hands. Nick Cosgray, the Bengals director of rehab, was hired to help see Palmer through that spring 15 years ago. He's still here and has racked up a solid reputation in head trainer Paul Sparling's room among the players.

"Nick's great and look at all the experience he has. Joe is around people that have done this a ton," Palmer said. "He showed great toughness. Everyone's pulling for him. That city, that organization, they're all behind him and they're in a really good spot."

https://www.bengals.com/news/carson-palmer-knows-the-grind-and-joe-burrow-is-the-right-guy-to-be-going-throug

Surprised by Carson lately, he has been saying some classy things, hope he is correct. He knows about as well as anyone how
good the training staff are. I do know Burrow will work as hard as anyone to be 100% come the opener.
Reply/Quote
Carson Palmer may or may not be a lot of things, but coward is NOT one of them.
Being tentative about your recently repaired knee is not cowardice. It can't be helped at first. It's instinctive. While I heard what Brad meant, and I don't think any disrespect to Carson was meant, I will say I don't think there wasn't anything more he could have done his first season back.

PS I did my left ACL doing martial arts.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 06:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Surprised by Carson lately, he has been saying some classy things, hope he is correct. He knows about as well as anyone how
good the training staff are. I do know Burrow will work as hard as anyone to be 100% come the opener.

I think Carson, along with some others., see what is going on and see big things coming for the team. They want to get back in the good graces of fans so they can be part of the celebrations.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 09:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think Carson, along with some others., see what is going on and see big things coming for the team. They want to get back in the good graces of fans so they can be part of the celebrations.

We get better in the trenches and at coaching and anything can happen that is for sure, especially with a healthy Joe Burrow. Rock On
Reply/Quote