Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson screwed us again
We could have been the number 1 defense in the NFL in points allowed if he just could have put up 10 points.

He puts up 6 and we finish 2nd.

A big Who-Dey to Paulie G and the D for allowing a franchise low (16 games) in points allowed.

Zimmer Who?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice rebound year for the D for sure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Didn't realize that we had the stat until earlier today, great job once again by our Defense........and Pauly G
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We could have been the number 1 defense in the NFL in points allowed if he just could have put up 10 points.

A big Who-Dey to Paulie G and the D for allowing a franchise low (16 games) in points allowed.

Zimmer Who?

Another shit sandwich for my thread.

Thanks.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He also lost to the Steelers to let them in the playoffs by one game and go to Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2016, 11:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We could have been the number 1 defense in the NFL in points allowed if he just could have put up 10 points.

Zimmer Who?

I'm not willing to say Zimmer Who since Paulie G just took what Zimmer handed him and ran with it.  
Reply/Quote

Zimmer Who?

Mike "Turned a crappy team into division champions in two season" Zimmer? Or Mike "I made Cincinnati's defense for Paulie G" Zimmer?

Mellow  

Kudos to the guys who busted the butts to be one of the leagues best, but I wouldn't crown Paulie G as the next Zimmer.
Reply/Quote
That was pretty sad by the Cards. Didn't expect that.

Great job by Paulie G and the Defense though no question.

I knew last year was too early to judge him by.

Now we need this Defense to show up in the Playoffs unlike Zim's Defense that didn't show up once we got there.
Reply/Quote
We actually do a few different things with Pauly than we did with Zim. I think our schemes up front are more dynamic now than they were before.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 04:36 PM)Benton Wrote: Mike "Turned a crappy team into division champions in two season" Zimmer? Or Mike "I made Cincinnati's defense for Paulie G" Zimmer?

Mellow  

Kudos to the guys who busted the butts to be one of the leagues best, but I wouldn't crown Paulie G as the next Zimmer.

Zimmer turned the team around?  Interesting take.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:28 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Zimmer turned the team around?  Interesting take.

Remember when we had scrubs like Ratliff at corner? The moment Zimmer took over our defense a change of culture occurred within the locker room. Id say that's a good enough spark to right the ship at PBS.
Reply/Quote

Zimmer Who?
It doesn't help that our defense stopped playing with 3 minutes left and gave up that super easy TD. 
Reply/Quote
Zimmer had a huge hand in building the pieces around Gunther he used to have a good season. Kudos to him for using them correctly and getting our guys to play up to their potential but I would take Zimmer back in a heart beat.

I'm still not convinced we wouldn't have been better off to name him head coach and let Marvin walk.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:28 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Zimmer turned the team around?  Interesting take.

The Vikes? I think so. He's got a pretty good group coming up and he's getting some play out of older guys. They've made good draft picks the last two years. The defense has gone from bottom half of the league to top half the last two seasons.

I think his work with the guys here also made a big difference in our defense being able to play to the level it's at. I don't think it's a coincidence that while he was here, we could take guys off the street and make them starters, but we haven't had that same kind of success since he left.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 05:55 PM)Benton Wrote: The Vikes? I think so. He's got a pretty good group coming up and he's getting some play out of older guys. They've made good draft picks the last two years. The defense has gone from bottom half of the league to top half the last two seasons.

I think his work with the guys here also made a big difference in our defense being able to play to the level it's at. I don't think it's a coincidence that while he was here, we could take guys off the street and make them starters, but we haven't had that same kind of success since he left.

I love the Zim but his Defenses here played like shiatso in the Playoffs.

I will be watching intently on how his Vikings D plays against the Seahawks in the Playoffs and of course on
how Geunther's D plays against the Steelers this Saturday. As great as Zim's D was in the regular season they
were a big reason we did not win in the Playoffs as well.
Reply/Quote
to this day I thank that bum for leaving town.....good riddance to the #Quitter

side note we had a "Carson is a Quitter" chant going in Arizona for the Sunday night game, needless to say the Cardinal faithful were ready to hang us Bengal fans for the chant, they think he walks on water

Whatever
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I love the Zim but his Defenses here played like shiatso in the Playoffs.

I will be watching intently on how his Vikings D plays against the Seahawks in the Playoffs and of course on
how Geunther's D plays against the Steelers this Saturday. As great as Zim's D was in the regular season they
were a big reason we did not win in the Playoffs as well.

Fair criticism. But I honestly chalk it up to a franchise problem of not preparing, of trying to play to an opponent's weakness instead of our strengths. We've had that problem on offense and defense in every playoff game except 2005.
Reply/Quote

Zimmer Who?

Zimmer is one of the premier coaches in the league. Would love to have him head our ship.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:37 PM)Benton Wrote: Fair criticism. But I honestly chalk it up to a franchise problem of not preparing, of trying to play to an opponent's weakness instead of our strengths. We've had that problem on offense and defense in every playoff game except 2005.

Marv's fault eh? Probably right, hope this ends on Saturday night.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Marv's fault eh? Probably right, hope this ends on Saturday night.

Well he is the big constant in all of this.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote