Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson wants to talk about discrimination against Christians, not gay people
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/ben-carson-gay-discrimination-christian-discrimination-118926.html?cmpid=sf

While suggesting gay marriage is an "extra right" and not "equal right", Carson questions why we don't talk about all the discrimination against Christians...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Did he offer any examples of discrimination directed at the largest religious group in America?
(06-12-2015, 11:31 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/ben-carson-gay-discrimination-christian-discrimination-118926.html?cmpid=sf

While suggesting gay marriage is an "extra right" and not "equal right", Carson questions why we don't talk about all the discrimination against Christians...

Absolutely can not take that dude seriously.  Not only do I not want him as the next president, I wouldn't want him coming near me as a physician Shocked
It's always funny when Christians play the victim card and act like they're regularly discriminated against because of their religion. They're actually protected against discrimination legally in nearly every way. It must be difficult to be part of that 76% of the nation....always getting your rights trampled on and such.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(06-12-2015, 11:52 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It's always funny when Christians play the victim card and act like they're regularly discriminated against because of their religion.  They're actually protected against discrimination legally in nearly every way.  It must be difficult to be part of that 76% of the nation....always getting your rights trampled on and such.

It's hard being in the majority these days.
(06-12-2015, 11:31 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/ben-carson-gay-discrimination-christian-discrimination-118926.html?cmpid=sf

Proof that religion can make even the brightest of us irrational.  
(06-12-2015, 11:45 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Absolutely can not take that dude seriously.  Not only do I not want him as the next president, I wouldn't want him coming near me as a physician Shocked

Speaks volumes that you would not one of the most gifted neurosurgeons in the world coming near you as a doctor simply because you disagree with his religious views. Does that make you a Christianphobe?

I am a Christian; however, if I am trapped in a burning building, I wouldn’t care if the biggest atheist in the Fire Department comes to carry me out of it. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-12-2015, 09:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote:
Quote:Speaks volumes that you would not one of the most gifted neurosurgeons in the world coming near you as a doctor simply because you disagree with his religious views. Does that make you a Christianphobe?
Has nothing to do with his religious views, the fact that he views "equal rights" as "extra rights" speaks volumes for him.  Mainly that he's (as grandma used say) an educated idiot.  My best friend is Catholic, my folks are Baptist, in fact most of my family is Christian.  So yea....anywho...

Quote:I am a Christian
good for you bro..

Quote:however, if I am trapped in a burning building, I wouldn’t care if the biggest atheist in the Fire Department comes to carry me out of it. 
I guess you do have some common sense then, because I wouldn't give a **** if it was the pope or a mullah or whoever pulled me out of a burning building either.  That being said he put him self out there, and now it makes me question his abilities in other areas.
RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote:Has nothing to do with his religious views, the fact that he views "equal rights" as "extra rights" speaks volumes for him.  Mainly that he's (as grandma used say) an educated idiot.  My best friend is Catholic, my folks are Baptist, in fact most of my family is Christian.  So yea....anywho...

I stand corrected. You wouldn't want one of the most talented Brain Surgeons in the world operating on you because of his view on homosexuality. That seems more rational.

(06-12-2015, 10:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I stand corrected. You wouldn't want one of the most talented Brain Surgeons in the world operating on you because of his view on homosexuality. That seems more rational.

I'm sure I could find one more talented.  I think you understood my point though.
(06-12-2015, 11:51 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I'm sure I could find one more talented.  I think you understood my point though.

Yes I did understand you point and pointed it out.

Well of course they're going to pretend to be prosecuted. That way their prophecy can come true.
(06-13-2015, 12:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes I did understand you point and pointed it out.

thanks
(06-12-2015, 11:51 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I'm sure I could find one more talented.  I think you understood my point though.

I respect your integrity.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-12-2015, 11:45 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Absolutely can not take that dude seriously.  Not only do I not want him as the next president, I wouldn't want him coming near me as a physician Shocked

I understand what you are saying but I fall in the camp of someone can be quite bright and accomplished in their field (like Dr. Carson) and still be an idiot who should never be in charge of other people...let alone an entire country.

Einstein was brilliant...but could he have handled an invasion?  

Some people are good leaders with open minds and an ability to access situations and make decisions.  Some are simply guided by their ideology or religion...or both.

(06-12-2015, 09:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Speaks volumes that you would not one of the most gifted neurosurgeons in the world coming near you as a doctor simply because you disagree with his religious views. Does that make you a Christianphobe?

I am a Christian; however, if I am trapped in a burning building, I wouldn’t care if the biggest atheist in the Fire Department comes to carry me out of it. 

What if a ghey person pulled you out and needed to give you mouth-to-mouth resuscitation? Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-14-2015, 11:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: What if a ghey person pulled you out and needed to give you mouth-to-mouth resuscitation? Mellow

Go for it.

But some have made it apparent they would not want Ben Carson to treat them and he's really good at it. 

(06-14-2015, 11:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Go for it.

But some have made it apparent they would not want Ben Carson to treat them and he's really good at it. 

And I agree that is silly...although I understand their wavering in him.  People who tend to talk out of their heads on one subject may not be trustworthy in others.  But I still agree he's a brilliant surgeon. 

Unless he says something like he wouldn't save a ghey person or a non-Christian because of their beliefs.  Which I don't *think* he would do or say.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
There's a segment of the Christian population that have confused not getting your way in every possible fashion with being discriminated against. There's also a lot of historical precedent for groups in the majority to feign persecution in order to justify their attempts to persecute or curtail the rights of others. As for not wanting this guy to operate on you, gmdino hits the nail. If someone's publicly stated positions are so far beyond the boundaries of logic and common sense, to you, it makes you question their competency in just about everything else. That being said religion does tend to make intelligent people say and do dumb things.
I question the decision making process of anyone who wishes to become a politician. Especially if that someone is a surgeon.
(06-14-2015, 11:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: I understand what you are saying but I fall in the camp of someone can be quite bright and accomplished in their field (like Dr. Carson) and still be an idiot who should never be in charge of other people...let alone an entire country.

Einstein was brilliant...but could he have handled an invasion?  

Some people are good leaders with open minds and an ability to access situationsn and make decisions.  Some are simply guided by their ideology or religion...or both.
I completely understand your point, and agree that some people can completely competent on complex issues in their lives and completely befuddled in more commonsense issue.  I don't know anything about Carson as a doctor, I just know that he is one.   Reminds me of the joke "what do you call a doctor that graduates at the bottom of their class?  Doctor"

When you sound like an idiot regarding things not all that complex, it's going to make people question if can understand more complex issues.  Maybe I could've stated it better but I thought the point was understood, unless one is trying to be snarky, and make something out of nothing.  But then again it's all that Christianphobia pouring out of me. :snark: