Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catches ~ WR, TE and even Backs
Random thread

1. Love me some Hurst and Boyd. They have flypaper hands. Get them the ball more.

2. Trent Taylor should get some more love for his hands AND zippy nifty speed too. I’m a fan of this guy and would like to see more.

3. Tee - big fan BUT is it just me or does he seem a little off this year. Maybe it’s the pesky ankle but seems to get a little lost in the conversation now. Love Tee but was really hoping and assuming he would step up big time in Chase’s absence. Not the case.

4. Irwin is ok when he gets the call so he gets a small shout-out.

5. Thomas ~ mehhh
Reply/Quote
I recall watching Tee catch majority of his balls 15-20+ yards downfield last year. He seems to be used more as a 7-12 yard route runner and yes I do think his ankle is bothering him.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 06:38 PM)Whacked Wrote: Random thread

1. Love me some Hurst and Boyd. They have flypaper hands. Get them the ball more.

2. Trent Taylor should get some more love for his hands AND zippy nifty speed too. I’m a fan of this guy and would like to see more.

3. Tee - big fan BUT is it just me or does he seem a little off this year. Maybe it’s the pesky ankle but seems to get a little lost in the conversation now. Love Tee but was really hoping and assuming he would step up big time in Chase’s absence. Not the case.

5. Thomas ~ mehhh

Out of this list you mentioned,I would like to see more targets for Trent Taylor the most.And I’m talking more than just a few.Just curious to see what this guy could do if you really exposed him against a defensive unit.

I like his speed and quickness,and the way he executes out of his routes.Really not anything to dislike about this guy,other than he is a bit small.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 06:45 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I recall watching Tee catch majority of his balls 15-20+ yards downfield last year. He seems to be used more as a 7-12 yard route runner and yes I do think his ankle is bothering him.

Agreed. Sucks watching small ball at times but will take whatever the D gives us to get that W

(11-07-2022, 07:35 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Out of this list you mentioned,I would like to see more targets for Trent Taylor the most.And I’m talking more than just a few.Just curious to see what this guy could do if you really exposed him against a defensive unit.

I like his speed and quickness,and the way he executes out of his routes.Really not anything to dislike about this guy,other than he is a bit small.

Yup. Would love to use him as the Patriots are notorious for w guys like this. Short, gets lost easily, great hands and his acceleration is stupid fast.
Reply/Quote

3. Tee - big fan BUT is it just me or does he seem a little off this year.  Maybe it’s the pesky ankle but seems to get a little lost in the conversation now. Love Tee but was really hoping and assuming he would step up big time in Chase’s absence. Not the case.

5. Thomas ~ mehhh

Nice thread, agreed on Hurst and Boyd. Love how these guys catch the ball, no one else is going to get it the way they 
go after it. Trent Taylor does look like a playmaker out there unlike any of our other backup WR's, great to see. I do like 
Irwin's hands as well, seems to catch everything just like Hurst and Boyd. I do think Tee's ankle is bothering him.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 07:50 PM)Whacked Wrote: Yup. Would love to use him as the Patriots are notorious for w guys like this. Short, gets lost easily, great hands and his acceleration is stupid fast.

Dude has mad hops too lol
Reply/Quote
I love me some Chase but I got to wondering after seeing Trents be successful on a couple reverses, why they were so successful at it and Chase, with the limited reverses he has ran dating back to last season, have not. I admit, I was shocked seeing us run a successful reverse or two this past weekend and I think THIS is how you mask Chase not being in the lineup.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 07:58 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I love me some Chase but I got to wondering after seeing Trents be successful on a couple reverses, why they were so successful at it and Chase, with the limited reverses he has ran dating back to last season, have not. I admit, I was shocked seeing us run a successful reverse or two this past weekend and I think THIS is how you mask Chase not being in the lineup.

Using Chase as a reverse is predictable. You can see it a mile away.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote

3. Tee - big fan BUT is it just me or does he seem a little off this year.  Maybe it’s the pesky ankle but seems to get a little lost in the conversation now. Love Tee but was really hoping and assuming he would step up big time in Chase’s absence. Not the case.

5. Thomas ~ mehhh

One thing I'm not happy about with Hurst - this is his lowest YPR in his career.
In his first 3 seasons, he was over 10.0. This year he's at 8.0.
He's still on pace to set career high in receptions, but he may not hit his career high in yardage in a season unfortunately.
Gotta find a way to get him on deeper routes and/or YAC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 07:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dude has mad hops too lol

Yes he does !!

He reminds me of poor man’s version of Wes Welker lol
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 08:24 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Using Chase as a reverse is predictable. You can see it a mile away.

Very predictable and Chase always has several eyes following his every movement. 

Others saying that Tee and Hurst ypc falling some is most likely due to how much pressure Burrow has had this year and not being able to run the ball. Know he had lots of pressure last year as well but they're  getting there with less people and keeping their safeties high to stop the deep throws this year.  

Believe if the Bengals can continue to run the ball well like Sunday it will open the deeper stuff back up for them. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Both Trents played more than Mike Thomas. Taylor may have supplanted him as WR4

(11-07-2022, 08:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: One thing I'm not happy about with Hurst - this is his lowest YPR in his career.
He's still on pace to set career high in receptions, but he may not hit his career high in yardage in a season unfortunately.

Hurst has been a go to guy on 3rd downs. The type of route being called in those situations may be affecting his yards per catch. Plus he is on pace to set career highs in both receptions and total yards so it looks like he’s getting more opportunities in shorter yard plays

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 08:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: One thing I'm not happy about with Hurst - this is his lowest YPR in his career.

I don't necessrily agree. We have other folks for the deeper ball. Hurst's role in such an offense is just different.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 07:58 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I love me some Chase but I got to wondering after seeing Trents be successful on a couple reverses, why they were so successful at it and Chase, with the limited reverses he has ran dating back to last season, have not. I admit, I was shocked seeing us run a successful reverse or two this past weekend and I think THIS is how you mask Chase not being in the lineup.

The jet sweeps ran Sunday were more successful because they ran them at 100%.  The early runs in the season looked tentative and slow.  Both from a blocking and running standpoint.  When you do a jet sweep, it has to be at full speed.  This is one reason a lot of the time, the QB will actually pitch it forward in the air because if it gets fumbled, it is an incomplete pass.  Taylor wasn't going to be tentative and neither was the line.

I loved what I heard from Mixon post game about how Callahan had some anger and directness to him in the Saturday meeting.  He said they all fed off his energy.  About damn time.  
Reply/Quote
1. Hurst- agree 100%, that catch last week on like 3rd and 2 for 4 yards on the first drive was BIG time. Might not seem like much looking back but that was a tough catch with a guy all over his back. That was a game changing play. How many times have we seen the Bengals have a decent start to a drive early in a game, to just barely miss a 3rd down conversion and it results in us playing from behind the next time we touch the ball?

If he misses that, and nobody would have blamed him for it, we punt instead of eating clock and getting TD and momentum early. Huber is punting so it probably only goes 30 yards or so. Carolina is feeling good and set up with decent field position. Who knows what happens at that point. Little plays like that can have a huge impact. People may say I’m crazy but I think that was the single most important play in the game last week.

5. Thomas ~ mehhh - “mehhh” is way too nice of a way to describe Thomas as a WR lol
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 09:39 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: 1. Hurst- agree 100%, that catch last week on like 3rd and 2 for 4 yards on the first drive was BIG time. Might not seem like much looking back but that was a tough catch with a guy all over his back. That was a game changing play. How many times have we seen the Bengals have a decent start to a drive early in a game, to just barely miss a 3rd down conversion and it results in us playing from behind the next time we touch the ball?

If he misses that, and nobody would have blamed him for it, we punt instead of eating clock and getting TD and momentum early. Huber is punting so it probably only goes 30 yards or so. Carolina is feeling good and set up with decent field position. Who knows what happens at that point. Little plays like that can have a huge impact. People may say I’m crazy but I think that was the single most important play in the game last week.

5. Thomas ~ mehhh - “mehhh” is way too nice of a way to describe Thomas as a WR lol

Agree.  That was in fact the biggest play of the game.  If you go back and watch that play it looked like the primary target was Boyd and it wasn't there.  Burrow then had to drift away from pressure and at the last minute find Hurst who was like you say blanketed.  That was a great play and soooo important.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 09:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The jet sweeps ran Sunday were more successful because they ran them at 100%.  The early runs in the season looked tentative and slow.  Both from a blocking and running standpoint.  When you do a jet sweep, it has to be at full speed.  This is one reason a lot of the time, the QB will actually pitch it forward in the air because if it gets fumbled, it is an incomplete pass.  Taylor wasn't going to be tentative and neither was the line.

I loved what I heard from Mixon post game about how Callahan had some anger and directness to him in the Saturday meeting.  He said they all fed off his energy.  About damn time.  

Callahan had already called out Joe's pass blocking in the media late last week. That's the first time I recall anything being said in a negative light outside of the building. He mentioned Joe knows it too. Seems the coaches decided it was time to light a fire under him and it certainly worked Sunday.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Hayden is making catches with DBs on his back, when he has had receptions in space very rarely does one guy take him down.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals have 5 offensive players on pace to catch 70+ balls this year.

Ja'marr Chase
Tee Higgins
Tyler Boyd
Joe Mixon
Hayden Hurst

-Goodberry

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 09:39 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: 1. Hurst- agree 100%, that catch last week on like 3rd and 2 for 4 yards on the first drive was BIG time. Might not seem like much looking back but that was a tough catch with a guy all over his back. That was a game changing play. How many times have we seen the Bengals have a decent start to a drive early in a game, to just barely miss a 3rd down conversion and it results in us playing from behind the next time we touch the ball?

Thought the same thing when he caught that and moved the chains! Especially given how low their confidence was. They needed that start and that was a huge play to make it possible.

(11-08-2022, 10:26 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Agree.  That was in fact the biggest play of the game.  If you go back and watch that play it looked like the primary target was Boyd and it wasn't there.  Burrow then had to drift away from pressure and at the last minute find Hurst who was like you say blanketed.  That was a great play and soooo important.

x2
Reply/Quote