Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cedric Benson can't count any higher than 3
Shocked 
http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/02/20/cedric-benson-arrested-for-dui-tells-cops-he-cant-count-higher-than-3-because-of-the-nfl/
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2017, 10:25 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/02/20/cedric-benson-arrested-for-dui-tells-cops-he-cant-count-higher-than-3-because-of-the-nfl/

Sounds like he's trying to make an excuse for getting a DUI again. Bet those drinks cost more than 3 dollars. He was able to figure that out. Freakin Idiot.
Reply/Quote
At least he didn't punch his boyfriend roommate this time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Been a drunk for years now. The brain and liver are dying.

Reply/Quote
You cant blame him for trying.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Doesn't say much for "university of Texas" now does it? He refused the field sobriety test and used the abc's and 123's as an excuse he could not pass do to balance issues. Dumbass.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's not doing himself any favors getting a DUI in Texas either. They have some steep penalties....
Reply/Quote
Must be going broke and needs one more payout from NFL.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:40 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: At least he didn't punch his boyfriend roommate this time.

[Image: supa-hot-fire.gif]
Reply/Quote
JK Schaffer should probably switch to drinking.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 01:22 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: JK Schaffer should probably switch to drinking.

Personally I believe CTE is a real thing. You don't see nearly as many baseball and basketball stars suddenly exhibiting uncharacteristic behavior. With the NFL, it seems these types of stories happen every year, only to get swept under the rug. Titus Young, Chris Henry, Seau and that Rams RB are just a few of the recent examples.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 01:56 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Personally I believe CTE is a real thing. You don't see nearly as many baseball and basketball stars suddenly exhibiting uncharacteristic behavior. With the NFL, it seems these types of stories happen every year, only to get swept under the rug. Titus Young, Chris Henry, Seau and that Rams RB are just a few of the recent examples.
Yea, but we're wussifying the NFL. Nothing is as great as it used to be! Back in my day....

Also, it grinds my gears when someone who has never even played football complains to me about the continuing safety regulations. Like, really dude? Get back to me next time you can hardly tie your shoes because of a concussion.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 07:39 AM)treee Wrote: Yea, but we're wussifying the NFL. Nothing is as great as it used to be! Back in my day....

Also, it grinds my gears when someone who has never even played football complains to me about the continuing safety regulations. Like, really dude? Get back to me next time you can hardly tie your shoes because of a concussion.

Right on. I'm old school myself and hate change, but there's nothing old school about the scientifically engineered athletes of today. The hits are just way too brutal to not take safety seriously, and there's plenty of evidence that CTE is a serious issue that could ruin lives and - eventually - be the undoing of the NFL. 

So for the sake of the sport and especially for the sake of the human beings that play, I hope the NFL does everything in it's power to make the game safer. Total shame about Schaffer. Exposed himself at a Church? Poor guy needs help, but I'm not sure CTE can be reversed.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 01:56 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Personally I believe CTE is a real thing. You don't see nearly as many baseball and basketball stars suddenly exhibiting uncharacteristic behavior. With the NFL, it seems these types of stories happen every year, only to get swept under the rug. Titus Young, Chris Henry, Seau and that Rams RB are just a few of the recent examples.

There is plenty of police activity with both MLB and NBA players. Football players seem to get more press too. 90 players in training camp for 32 teams is a lot. 

Some people have mental illness too. When you take that big of a population there will be some legit mental illness issues in there somewhere. 

Won't try to deny CTE. But boxers and MMA fighters should be worse than anyone. 

It seems to me the NFL has more of a prescription drug problem than the others too.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2017/01/09/former-nfler-says-painkiller-addiction-led-to-125-vicodin-day-during-career.html

Ridiculous amounts of opioids probably aren't good for your brain either. 
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 02:55 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: There is plenty of police activity with both MLB and NBA players. Football players seem to get more press too. 90 players in training camp for 32 teams is a lot. 

Some people have mental illness too. When you take that big of a population there will be some legit mental illness issues in there somewhere. 

Won't try to deny CTE. But boxers and MMA fighters should be worse than anyone. 

It seems to me the NFL has more of a prescription drug problem than the others too.

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2017/01/09/former-nfler-says-painkiller-addiction-led-to-125-vicodin-day-during-career.html

Ridiculous amounts of opioids probably aren't good for your brain either. 

It's not just "police activity". It's dudes suddenly walking about naked breaking into random houses, exposing themselves in Church etc. Mental illness usually is evident by early 20's and almost always by early 30's. So I don't really buy that all these guys were just mentally ill. Some of them (Duerson *sp?*, Henry, etc) were confirmed to have CTE posthumously, and the behavior of these other examples are very similar.

Maybe boxers and UFC fighters should be worse, maybe not. They aren't wearing helmets and colliding at 20 mph each. Also, there aren't nearly as many prominent fighters, and UFC hasn't been around all that long. So awareness and examples may not be quite similar to the NFL yet.

I do know of one example in baseball. Ryan Freel was confirmed as having CTE and he also displayed the same behavior leading up to his suicide. 
Reply/Quote
How many on here are putting down Benson but still rooting for the more drunk doped up and out and out criminal that is Pacman ???
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 03:57 PM)kevin Wrote: How many on here are putting down Benson but still rooting for the more drunk doped up and out and out criminal that is Pacman ???

Not I. I'm on the sign Kirkpatrick, dump Pacman train.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 03:57 PM)kevin Wrote: How many on here are putting down Benson but still rooting for the more drunk doped up and out and out criminal that is Pacman ???

Unfortunately professional athletes are shitty role models. To find a good role model you have to look to politicians like our president  Hilarious 
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 11:29 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Unfortunately professional athletes are shitty role models. To find a good role model you have to look to politicians like our president  Hilarious 

The best role models these days are in invested in the Arts & Sciences. Fact.
Reply/Quote

Not this fan.  I'm a first-class ticket holder of the "Get PacMan Out Of Town" bandwagon.
Reply/Quote