Poll: How do you feel about Ced
He's going in the right direction
LT is a major need from here out
I started the Andy Dalton memorial site already
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures.
(08-14-2017, 07:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right,

Dave Lapham said himself oh about the 8th or 9th game last season. "When is Ogbuehi going to go back out and line up for a play, after getting beaten the previous play, and say you're not beating me on this play ! And get mean and nasty ? Words to that effect

Either the passion for the game is there, or it's not. You can't be an NFL LT and just go thru the motions.

OL is not a passive position. It's an aggressive one. You are going to get hit and you need to be able to hit back. Get mean. Don't be afraid to be nasty. 

Hell, despite the fact that I think he's still in the bottom of the league for centers, at least Bodine is a tough SOB. 
He's not physically gifted and lacks the technique to win a lot of blocks, but he's at least willing to put guys on the slab. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 07:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Then, it's a good thing that he's getting his criticism from the coaches, and you're the one getting hurt feelings about other fans not being satisfied with him.

Last I looked OP and and you were not a Bengal's coach so had no idea of the blocking technique he was being asked be used each play. He
 seemed to be on a witch hunt because OP was being questioned about his criticism of Ced in another thread.. I saw Boling driven back closer to the QB on several occasions much further than Ced. So did Boling also have piss poor technique according to the OP?

I have no issue with an unbiased view, but appears to me dude has a heart on for Ced and regardless of how well he does will look to micro manage his play. So if you or others get hurt by my comments, who gives a rats ass anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 07:40 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Well it seems like your question was rhetorical because you decided my answer already. Anyone else see the irony here?

What prediction am I stating as fact? 
About if he was good people will stop? 
People ragged on Boling early too. Then he started playing better football. 
And they stopped. 

If he becomes a serviceable LT who doesn't require the offense to cater to him, I will say I was wrong. But if we spend all year doing this dink and dunk thing to hide him and he's still showing these problems I won't be wrong even if the offense finds some success, because he's still hindering the offense. 

Guilty.  He's currently my favorite OL man on the team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 07:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Last I looked OP and and you were not a Bengal's coach so had no idea of the blocking technique he was being asked be used each play. It seemed to be on a witch hunt because OP was being questioned about his criticism of Ced in another thread.. I saw Boling driven back closer to the QB on several occasions much further than Ced. So did Boling also have piss poor technique according to the OP?

I have no issue with an unbiased view, but appears to me dude has a heart on for Ced and regardless of how well he does will look to micro manage his play. So if you are others get hurt by my comments, who gives a rats ass anyway.

No one gives a rats ass what you think based on this caliber of reply.
But for poops and giggles. 

Blocking technique is largely universal. Has been forever. Low hands that shoot wide on a defender are bad. Always have been. 
Not getting deep enough into your sets is bad. Always has been. Allowing a defender into your chest is bad. Always has been. 
Opening the hips and giving the defender the edge is bad. Always has been. 
These are not "you don't know the scheme!" issues. These are core problems no matter the scheme. 
If Boling loses a rep or two no one freaks out because he's shown he's not a problem and he's a very high quality player. It's preseason and he's a vet who probably shouldn't have had to do as much as he did. He's also back at full strength since his shoulder injury. 

This is an unbiased view. This is a critical analysis of his play. Biased would be randomly stating that others don't know what they are talking about without evidence to counter their post because it disagrees with your personal views. 
I've done this for almost all Bengals OL over the years with just as much critique. But when you do it for Whitworth, Zeitler, Boling for 5 years, there's just a hell of a lot less negative to talk about. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 07:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Last I looked OP and and you were not a Bengal's coach so had no idea of the blocking technique he was being asked be used each play. It seemed to be on a witch hunt because OP was being questioned about his criticism of Ced in another thread.. I saw Boling driven back closer to the QB on several occasions much further than Ced. So did Boling also have piss poor technique according to the OP?

I have no issue with an unbiased view, but appears to me dude has a heart on for Ced and regardless of how well he does will look to micro manage his play. So if you are others get hurt by my comments, who gives a rats ass anyway.

Well man, here's the thing.  We host this board so that people can discuss, debate, and otherwise express their opinions on anything Bengals.  Some times these debates and discussions can get rather in depth, and sometimes heated.  Doesn't make one right or wrong, just fans of the same team seeing issues from different points of view.  

I'll be the first to admit that I'm no coach.  However, the older I get, the more critical of an eye I have on certain fundamental elements of players technique.  I'm getting really good at catching on to faulty physical traits, but not nearly as good as articulating them as the OP.  It's not as I'm siding with OP because I have a personal vengeance on Ogbuehi, but rather I agree with his assessment of his play.

We all want the Bengals to win, am I right?  Some of us just get concerned when our 1st round LT prospect is still looking like garbage, heading into his 3rd season.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 07:54 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No one gives a rats ass what you think based on this caliber of reply.
But for poops and giggles. 

Blocking technique is largely universal. Has been forever. Low hands that shoot wide on a defender are bad. Always have been. 
Not getting deep enough into your sets is bad. Always has been. Allowing a defender into your chest is bad. Always has been. 
Opening the hips and giving the defender the edge is bad. Always has been. 
These are not "you don't know the scheme!" issues. These are core problems no matter the scheme. 
If Boling loses a rep or two no one freaks out because he's shown he's not a problem and he's a very high quality player. It's preseason and he's a vet who probably shouldn't have had to do as much as he did. He's also back at full strength since his shoulder injury. 

This is an unbiased view. This is a critical analysis of his play. Biased would be randomly stating that others don't know what they are talking about without evidence to counter their post because it disagrees with your personal views. 
I've done this for almost all Bengals OL over the years with just as much critique. But when you do it for Whitworth, Zeitler, Boling for 5 years, there's just a hell of a lot less negative to talk about. 
You amuse me with your arrogance. No fan knows more about OL play in pro football than his professional coach who teaches them the technique to use which changes depending on the play call so not as generic as you want to make it out to be. One size does not fit all in the case. You make some valid points, but many points you made were on assumption. not facts.

As for quick throws, a guy named Tom Brady has won multiple Super Bowls leading the league in average release time. Is it because of bad OL play or because of designed scheme that BB does it year after year?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 07:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well man, here's the thing.  We host this board so that people can discuss, debate, and otherwise express their opinions on anything Bengals.  Some times these debates and discussions can get rather in depth, and sometimes heated.  Doesn't make one right or wrong, just fans of the same team seeing issues from different points of view.  

I'll be the first to admit that I'm no coach.  However, the older I get, the more critical of an eye I have on certain fundamental elements of players technique.  I'm getting really good at catching on to faulty physical traits, but not nearly as good as articulating them as the OP.  It's not as I'm siding with OP because I have a personal vengeance on Ogbuehi, but rather I agree with his assessment of his play.

We all want the Bengals to win, am I right?  Some of us just get concerned when our 1st round LT prospect is still looking like garbage, heading into his 3rd season.

And some of get real concerned when a moderator calls any human being garbage whether be player or board member? It is disrespectful to trash someone any time, but worse in a forum where they can't defend themselves. 

Reply/Quote
I'm tired of waiting. He should be better................now.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 08:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You amuse me with your arrogance. No fan knows more about OL play in pro football than his professional coach who teach them the technique to use which changes depending on the play call so not as generic as you want to make it out to be. One size does not fit all in the case. You make some valid points, but many points you made were on assumption. not facts.

As for quick throws, a guy named Tom Brady has won multiple Super Bowls leading the league in average release time. Is it because of bad OL play or because of designed scheme that BB does it year after year?

Not being arrogant. Just actually talking football with football terms and actual technique. 
I know how that might SEEM arrogant but...it really isn't. 

I never claimed to know more than a coach? Strawman argument nicely constructed to again not actually address anything of value in this thread. 

Yes I know of the best QB to ever play the game. Did we sign him? Did we trade for him? If not, he's completely irrelevant to this discussion. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 08:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: And some of get real concerned when a moderator calls any human being garbage whether be player or board member? It is disrespectful to trash someone any time, but worse in a forum where they can't defend themselves. 

Grow up. 
He's not calling him a garbage person. He's calling him a garbage football player. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 08:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: And some of get real concerned when a moderator calls any human being garbage whether be player or board member? It is disrespectful to trash someone any time, but worse in a forum where they can't defend themselves. 

When did I call a player or board member "garbage"?  I may refer to a players play as "garbage", but never the individual.  Personally, I'm rather astonished that you would accuse me of such.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 08:03 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Not being arrogant. Just actually talking football with football terms and actual technique. 
I know how that might SEEM arrogant but...it really isn't. 

I never claimed to know more than a coach? Strawman argument nicely constructed to again not actually address anything of value in this thread. 

Yes I know of the best QB to ever play the game. Did we sign him? Did we trade for him? If not, he's completely irrelevant to this discussion. 

Ok you admit you are just a couch potato like the rest of us and have no clue the coach's calls on how to block on each play thus making your analysis a whole lot of assumptions. Fair enough.. That was my point and is relevant to this discussion.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 08:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When did I call a player or board member "garbage"?  I may refer to a players play as "garbage", but never the individual.  Personally, I'm rather astonished that you would accuse me of such.

"Some of us just get concerned when our 1st round LT prospect is still looking like garbage, heading into his 3rd season".

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 08:07 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Ok you admit you are just a couch potato like the rest of us and have no clue the coach's calls on how to block on each play thus making your analysis a whole lot of assumptions. Fair enough.. That was my point and is relevant to this discussion.

More garbage ad hominem attacks! Yay! 

You haven't aactually addressed a single thing I said about him but just attacked me and created straw man arguments. Buh bye. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 08:04 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote:
Grow up.

He's not calling him a garbage person. He's calling him a garbage football player. 

LOL

Big guy behind a key board.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 08:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: "Some of us just get concerned when our 1st round LT prospect is still looking like garbage, heading into his 3rd season".

It's almost like you didn't read what he wrote and are just throwing a temper tantrum. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 08:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

Big guy behind a key board.

So are you? What is that supposed to even mean? We are on an internet forum. Do you use speech to text? 
Reply/Quote
This is why I stopped posting on forums and clearly shouldn't have started again. Create a thread to discuss actual football things with videos and such, and it devolves into an ad hominem and strawman fight instead of a reasonable football talk.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 08:08 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: More garbage ad hominem attacks! Yay! 

You haven't aactually addressed a single thing I said about him but just attacked me and created straw man arguments. Buh bye. 

LOL
Yes I question your credibility and expertise versus a pro coach. Yes, that makes every you post questionable in itself in my opinion.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 08:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: "Some of us just get concerned when our 1st round LT prospect is still looking like garbage, heading into his 3rd season".

Again, I was referring to his performance on the football field.  When a 1st round pick is playing like a rookie UDFA, what other way is there to describe it?  And, for the record, I've been a Bengal fan much longer than I've been a Moderator.  My fanhood does not end when, or because I put on my Moderator hat.  Like I told you previously, we're all here because we're fans of the same team.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote