Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WELCOME Joseph Ossai, Texas, Edge Rusher Defense
I like the Ossai pick. Like any prospect, he's got areas to improve upon, but the upside and explosive burst are an exciting addition to the defense.

I just wonder if the team is viewing him strictly as an Edge? From watching some of his clips, I think that I'd like to see him at SAM in our base, and then bring him up on the line in Nickle. Our base D really struggled to stop the run last season. Getting that stop on 1st down allows the defense to better predict the following play. A base LB Corps of Ossai at SAM, Wilson at MIKE, and Pratt at WILL could be a strong base combo.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This was not a selection I had anticipated but one that I really like. It appears that this kid really loves the game and his improvement from year to year has be extraordinary. He brings some real scheme versatility to this defense and is a kid that Lou will be able to use in a variety of ways depending on opponent.

He looks to add some real upside as a pass rusher and if he continues the progress he has shown could wind up being a game changer.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 10:12 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I like the Ossai pick.  Like any prospect, he's got areas to improve upon, but the upside and explosive burst are an exciting addition to the defense.

I just wonder if the team is viewing him strictly as an Edge?  From watching some of his clips, I think that I'd like to see him at SAM in our base, and then bring him up on the line in Nickle.  Our base D really struggled to stop the run last season.  Getting that stop on 1st down allows the defense to better predict the following play.  A base LB Corps of Ossai at SAM, Wilson at MIKE, and Pratt at WILL could be a strong base combo.

Sunset I believe that while he is going to get a lot of work as an edge rusher to begin that he was taken because of the scheme versatility that be brings. There is no arguing his ability as an edge and as a LB. I think he fits what Lou wants to do perfectly as Lou has stated he is not committed to a 4-3 or 3-4 front and will be more of a hybrid approach depending on opponent.

Hey on a side note when when talking about base LBs I would not overlook Bailey as I believe he may have been the steal of last years draft. He should 100% recovered from his knee surgery and looking to prove his worth to this team.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:58 AM)Benton Wrote: I'll agree to disagree.

Even if he's a day 1 starter and we've locked down the right side, what's the plan for LT?

I'm just hoping we see Adeniji really improve this offseason. He had flashes of good play and flashes of bad but they did move him around a bit, as was Jim Turners way. I think the coaches are seeing Adeniji as a guy who could show improvement in his second year, and he totally could. As far as Jackson, I think he will go as far as he works hard. If he stays in shape and works hard he has the kind of potential to be a solid NFL starter. I just hope he really fits at OG. Some guys dont have position versatility and others do. Fred Johnson is a decent OT but a terrible OG. Price is a decent C but a terrible OG. Keeping my fingers crossed that Jackson takes to playing OG really well. One article I read says they will groom him to be the RT after Reiff but its all speculation so far.

Back on topic. Love the Ossai pick. If he was asked to rush the passer more in his Texas career he would've been more hyped as a sack artist, but they used him in different ways and moved him around. He has a lot talent and his attitude is great. 
Reply/Quote
Don't derail the thread..This thread is about Ossai.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:36 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We currently also need a K

Yes. But if you notice, the Bengals have 7 picks today and I only listed like 5. So take a K in Rd 6 or 7.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:37 PM)kevin Wrote: One person said Sports Illustrated said Bengals wanted Carman 2 weeks ago.  CBS says Carman is a mauler who rarely gets pushed back into the QB.  They show him as a Tackle besides Guard.  

So to get LSU combo of Burrow to Chase to team with Boyd and Higgins after AJ Green and Ross gone. 
Then get big Clemson Blocker Carman in 2, plus 2 picks in round 4
Then to get Texas Ossai on Defense, as CBS Sports says, to help replace Lawson gone. 
and now 3 picks in round 4 coming
I LIKE THIS DRAFT A LOT.....GO BENGALS....Excited to see who Bengals add in 4 and 5 with all these picks.  Bengals have many needs areas, but have the picks to Get It Done. 

So far. Powerhouses LSU, CLEMSON, TEXAS.  Sounds like a Forrest Gregg type draft.  He loved drafting from such Football Areas.

I also heard the arm length measurement was wrong, according to Paul Alexander.
He was incorrectly measured at 32.5", but he's actually 33.25".

While I still think he's a better fit at OG, the longer arm length gives him a better chance to play at RT if they want him there.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote