Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WELCOME Joseph Ossai, Texas, Edge Rusher Defense
(05-01-2021, 12:20 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: I have come back from the dead to say:
great pick.

Thanks Corpse  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
He reminds me of a lot of guys, hard to pin down just one. A great steal!

Reply/Quote
This is a good pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cause of the Burrow injury some people forgot that our pass rush was just as bad as our O-line if not worse.

Some could argue worse and I would even agree with them. With Hendrickson, Larry O, Ossai, Reiff and Carman we
are sitting so much better than last year. Reader will be back too. Liking this team they are putting together and love
the vid of Zac talking to Jackson. Zac sure is a likeable guy, just win man, that is all we want!

I think what caused so much debate and such strong feelings on the board in general was the actual state of the overall roster. There is a real lack of talent overall. Outside of our two safeties, and QB you could add upgrades to every single position group.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 12:10 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I want Evan McPherson Kicker Florida in the 6th or 7th. Agree, draft one, don't just go after the scraps in UDFA.

Kickers are more important than some think. There is a reason teams with Kickers like Vinatieri and Justin Tucker win a lot...

Hmm.  The Bengals draft seems pretty good.  The best kicker in the 6th would make this draft complete.
Reply/Quote
This pick makes me feel much better. We didn't do anything to improve the O line in 2021, but at least we can pressure other teams more.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:14 AM)Benton Wrote: This pick makes me feel much better. We didn't do anything to improve the O line in 2021, but at least we can pressure other teams more.

I think we did. Carman is likely going to take one of the OG spots from XSF. Which pushes Jordan even further down the depth chart.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think we did. Carman is likely going to take one of the OG spots from XSF. Which pushes Jordan even further down the depth chart.

I'd be shocked of he did, even if healthy. If fully recovered, the guy has a lot of physical skill, but that's it. He's a season away from starting (best case scenario).

Which leaves us with the same guards and whoever is backing up jonah when jonah goes jonah.

And I don't say that to be negative. I think Carman (if healthy) will be a great guard in a year or two. He could develop into a tackle in a few years.

But for 2021? Were rolling with the line we had predraft.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:29 AM)Benton Wrote: I'd be shocked of he did, even if healthy. If fully recovered, the guy has a lot of physical skill, but that's it. He's a season away from starting (best case scenario).

Which leaves us with the same guards and whoever is backing up jonah when jonah goes jonah.

And I don't say that to be negative. I think Carman (if healthy) will be a great guard in a year or two. He could develop into a tackle in a few years.

I see no reason to believe he can’t win a starting guard job. He’s been going up against the best teams in the country the last couple years in the playoffs, and held his own quite well. Last year he was even playing through the back issue. Can’t wait to see what a real OL coach can do with him. Pollack didn’t have any young guys this good when he was here last time (yes I think he’s a way better prospect than Price).

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:29 AM)Benton Wrote: I'd be shocked of he did, even if healthy. If fully recovered, the guy has a lot of physical skill, but that's it. He's a season away from starting (best case scenario).

With as bad as the interior Oline was last year, I find it hard to believe Carman is a year away from starting at one of the two OG positions.

Projecting Carman at RG and Reiff at RT and I already feel much better about the right side of the Oline.

It’s not what I had hoped for, but it’s still an improvement from last year.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I see no reason to believe he can’t win a starting guard job. He’s been going up against the best teams in the country the last couple years in the playoffs, and held his own quite well. Last year he was even playing through the back issue. Can’t wait to see what a real OL coach can do with him. Pollack didn’t have any young guys this good when he was here last time (yes I think he’s a way better prospect than Price).

If a guy with bad technique coming off a back surgery is a starter... I'd say our line is in bad shape.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but caldwell is a decent coach. Yeah, I think pollack is better, but caldwell has done well with taking marginal recruits and making them into decent lines.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:54 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: With as bad as the interior Oline was last year, I find it hard to believe Carman is a year away from starting at one of the two OG positions.

Projecting Carman at RG and Reiff at RT and I already feel much better about the right side of the Oline.

It’s not what I had hoped for, but it’s still an improvement from last year.

I'll agree to disagree.

Even if he's a day 1 starter and we've locked down the right side, what's the plan for LT?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:58 AM)Benton Wrote: I'll agree to disagree.

Even if he's a day 1 starter and we've locked down the right side, what's the plan for LT?

If I believe Tobin, he has consistently claimed it’s Williams. Passing on Sewell kinda confirms that. Whether Tobin is right or wrong is another thing.

From an Oline perspective, I was hoping for a greater degree of improvement. But, I expected Tobin to disappoint me and I got what I expected. At this point, I’m just trying to look on the bright side.

At least it’s not like the 2017 draft when I turned the TV off in disgust after the Bengals’ pick in the second round.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:56 AM)Benton Wrote: If a guy with bad technique coming off a back surgery is a starter... I'd say our line is in bad shape.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but caldwell is a decent coach. Yeah, I think pollack is better, but caldwell has done well with taking marginal recruits and making them into decent lines.

I wasn’t bashing the Clemson OL coach (I know nothing about him). I’m just excited to see what Pollack can do with Carman (instead of Turner).

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 03:58 AM)Benton Wrote: I'll agree to disagree.

Jonah, of course. Are we just assuming he’ll be hurt before the season even starts?

Reply/Quote
This board is full of a lot of people who think a herniated disk is a severed spinal cord.

Reply/Quote
This sounds like a day 1 starting OG to me...

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cause of the Burrow injury some people forgot that our pass rush was just as bad as our O-line if not worse.

Some could argue worse and I would even agree with them. With Hendrickson, Larry O, Ossai, Reiff and Carman we
are sitting so much better than last year. Reader will be back too. Liking this team they are putting together and love
the vid of Zac talking to Jackson. Zac sure is a likeable guy, just win man, that is all we want!

This. Really want him to succeed hope he gets lots of wins this year.
Reply/Quote
Good pick and fills a need
Reply/Quote
Love it. Other than Rousseau he was my favorite pass rusher in the draft. Dude plays like his hair is on fire.
Reply/Quote