Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Center JC Tretter
Get him now. Instantly puts our Interior in top half of league between him Karras and Cappa. Allows you to fool around with RT and get some pieces on D in draft
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:09 PM)pally Wrote:

Why does he know that we don’t?! He’s a CLEVELAND guy so maybe he knows something!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought KC added 4 starters last year
Orlando Brown, Joe Thuney, Creed Humphrey, Trey Smith

So it's not impossible.

Pretty impressive though if it all comes from FA vs mix of FA and draft.

I don't wanna say they lucked out with Humphrey, but it's not often a rookie center comes into the NFL and has the number 1 pass block win rate.. They got a good one, one that I REALLY wanted in R2. Imagine lol
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
With regards to RT, my choices, in order, are
1. Trade for McGlinchey
2. Sign Morgan Moses
3. Re sign Riley Reiff
4. Go after Collins
5. Trent Brown
6. Bryan Bulaga (if cut)
7. Rely on a rookie

I have my own reasons, but case in point, I want someone with experience next year. Sick of betting on rookies on the OL and having them suck.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Releasing Hopkins and picking up Tretter and Collins gets released Oh my!!! They could then draft a corner at #31 and a DT @ #63 and at #95 a TE.
(03-15-2022, 01:04 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: As long as we have good depth at T incase he goes down again, sure. Of course I'm greedy and I'm pulling for Tretter and Collins. OL would be a strength. Imagine that.

Would be pretty much a dream offseason. Pencil in travel arrangements for the SB again.

(03-15-2022, 01:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Reiff really wasn't that good last year.
He was good as a run blocker though.

I'd still prefer Moses or Williams in FA. Or trade for Collins.

Agreed I would rather have Collins or Moses. If they sign Tretter, I wouldn't hate Reiff on a team friendly deal though I wouldn't get real excited about it. I like Reiff a whole lot more as the 5th best guy on the OL compared to him being the 2nd best guy on the OL. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Would be pretty much a dream offseason. Pencil in travel arrangements for the SB again.

Agreed I would rather have Collins or Moses. If they sign Tretter, I wouldn't hate Reiff on a team friendly deal though I wouldn't get real excited about it. I like Reiff a whole lot more as the 5th best guy on the OL compared to him being the 2nd best guy on the OL. Lol

And Burrow a top MVP candidate. 

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:09 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I don't wanna say they lucked out with Humphrey, but it's not often a rookie center comes into the NFL and has the number 1 pass block win rate.. They got a good one, one that I REALLY wanted in R2. Imagine lol

If Bengals can't land Tyler Linderbaum in Rd 1, I'd be ok with them spending a Day 2 pick on Dylan Parham or a Day 3 pick on Cameron Jurgens. Both guys highly athletic, and they've bulked up well this offseason. Both were between 285-290 last season in college but now both over 300 for the Combine. Both showed that the added weight didn't affect their athleticism/mobility.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Bengals can't land Tyler Linderbaum in Rd 1, I'd be ok with them spending a Day 2 pick on Dylan Parham or a Day 3 pick on Cameron Jurgens. Both guys highly athletic, and they've bulked up well this offseason. Both were between 285-290 last season in college but now both over 300 for the Combine. Both showed that the added weight didn't affect their athleticism/mobility.

Love me some Parham and Jurgens. I like Linderbaum the most, but I've convinced myself he won't be there.

Reply/Quote
Would have liked to have known this yesterday before noon, but pass.

RT is the bigger need now and I'd rather use the money there or any of TE, CB2, DT-3T, Edge.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:08 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Our biggest issue was IOL. Of course, we need to upgrade RT, but can you get a JC Tretter AND a Collins? I'm asking because idk. 

[Image: d47sqw45bzu01-e1582542632454.jpg]

The answer is yes, you can likely get both.
Bengals should still have $10-15 mill after we find out Hill's contract details, plus they can free up $16.8 mill by letting Waynes and Hopkins go.

Collins is $10 mill a year, but you'll save some money because you'll give up the draft pick that would have cost $1-3 mill a year.
Tretter could very well come cheap since he's been released.
If you can add him for roughly the same amount you'd save from Hopkins release, you do it.

Bengals don't need to spend a bunch on TE at this point. Sign a cheaper guy for $4-6 mill or consider drafting a replacement on Day 2.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Releasing Hopkins and picking up Tretter and Collins gets released Oh my!!! They could then draft a corner at #31 and a DT @ #63 and at #95 a TE.

I think that if you're the Bengals, you want to complete a trade for Collins.  If you wait for him to be released, you're competitively bidding versus other teams for the most money he can make, compared to absorbing the rest of his current contract.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:22 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Would have liked to have known this yesterday before noon, but pass.

RT is the bigger need now and I'd rather use the money there or any of TE, CB2, DT-3T, Edge.

Any DT or EDGE will be a rotational piece, so they should be cheap.
I'd love to add one of Sheldon Richardson, Solomon Thomas, or Maurice Hurst to the IDL rotation.
I'd take a chance on older vet Ryan Kerrigan for additional pass rush outside.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The answer is yes, you can likely get both.
Bengals should still have $10-15 mill after we find out Hill's contract details, plus they can free up $16.8 mill by letting Waynes and Hopkins go.

Collins is $10 mill a year, but you'll save some money because you'll give up the draft pick that would have cost $1-3 mill a year.
Tretter could very well come cheap since he's been released.
If you can add him for roughly the same amount you'd save from Hopkins release, you do it.

Bengals don't need to spend a bunch on TE at this point. Sign a cheaper guy for $4-6 mill or consider drafting a replacement on Day 2.

What if Collins gets released? I can't imagine him signing for 10m a year. I would love to trade for him cause that contract is attractive af.

What kind of contract would lure Tretter here? You think he would take less to compete against the Browns twice a year outta spite? 

Howard would come cheap, and we have our blocking TE in Sample. Everett would be my guy or even Conklin. 

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:26 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: What if Collins gets released? I can't imagine him signing for 10m a year. I would love to trade for him cause that contract is attractive af.

What kind of contract would lure Tretter here? You think he would take less to compete against the Browns twice a year outta spite? 

Howard would come cheap, and we have our blocking TE in Sample. Everett would be my guy or even Conklin. 

I would think/hope Tretter would consider signing for cheaper than the $10-11 mill he had signed for with the Browns.
He's 31 now, so a team might not be willing to give him a big contract.

If the Bengals needed to spend a bit more to get him (e.g. $8 mill), I could see that happening.
I don't see them spending $10 mill on another IOL though.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:01 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Releasing Hopkins and picking up Tretter and Collins gets released Oh my!!!

Could you imagine 4 new starters on the O line. Omg that would be amazing and exactly what we need to be SB contenders again.

I low key also want to add a speedy receiver. A real threat. Either FA or draft. Probably round 3.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 12:54 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: If Bradley Bozeman can’t come to Cincinnati then J.C. Tretter is a fantastic alternative.

Dude, J.C. Tretter shouldn't be the alternative. He's hands down a better option than Bozeman. Setter is a tier 1 FA.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:26 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: What if Collins gets released? I can't imagine him signing for 10m a year. I would love to trade for him cause that contract is attractive af.

Heck, I think just exiting a losing culture would be attractive enough! Tongue
Reply/Quote
The trend in 2022 is a bunch of teams are adding cap space banking on huge increase in cap in 2023 and beyond.

So, we could do a lot of restructuring of contracts to lower cap in 2022 and push it into later years.

In my opinion, we easily clear 40 million more in cap in 2022 to build this team to win now. So, yes we can afford it, but question becomes will we do it?

I say go after Rollins trade and go get Tretter at center.

Don't forget Ravens need a center and they love gas who are not only very good, but that have been cut.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote