Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Center JC Tretter
(03-15-2022, 03:37 PM)Yogo Wrote: Heck, I think just exiting a losing culture would be attractive enough! Tongue

LSU fan here. New Bengals fan as well. You guys are absolutely nuts if you dont go after Tretter. One of the 3 best Centers in the league . Top notch pass blocker, would stick it to the Browns . Could move Karras to left gaurd (where he plays much better). Tretter is extremely SMART also . 
Just re-elected UNANOMOUSLY as president of NFL players association. Ivy league grad (Cornell), never misses games. Zac Taylor said 2 years ago, he wanted LEADERS on this tean (team captain types) . Well here you go ! Release Hopkins and save 6.5 mil in cap space. Tretter may cost you 10m. Use Carman as a depth piece (how many games were 1 or 2 O lineman injured last year ??? ). Try to pick up Lael or some other Right tackle in FA (drafting O Lineman is a crapshoot). Sign Rief to a restructured deal as a backup "swing" tackle. He has experience at both tackle positions. Then draft the best players available (prefferably to shore up the defense). 

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that if you're the Bengals, you want to complete a trade for Collins.  If you wait for him to be released, you're competitively bidding versus other teams for the most money he can make, compared to absorbing the rest of his current contract.

If he’s released you are able to put guard rails on the contract. Many may want to go that way. That’s a key with him. His agent I’m convinced wants him here. Getting him on a 1 year prove it even if expensive would work.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If he’s released you are able to put guard rails on the contract. Many may want to go that way. That’s a key with him. His agent I’m convinced wants him here. Getting him on a 1 year prove it even if expensive would work.

That’s exactly what he would come with. Three, 1-year, “prove it” type deals. No bonuses due, no gtd $$, nothing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:36 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: That’s exactly what he would come with. Three, 1-year, “prove it” type deals. No bonuses due, no gtd $$, nothing.

...along with a legitimate chance at a ring. That’s better than a bonus!
Reply/Quote
I would rescind the Bates Franchise Tag to free up money to sign Tretter if required.

Hell, I'd withdraw the Karras deal (OK, I wouldn't do that).
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would rescind the Bates Franchise Tag to free up money to sign Tretter if required.

Hell, I'd withdraw the Karras deal (OK, I wouldn't do that).

Or you just cut waynes.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:49 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Or you just cut waynes.

I'm not as keen on cutting Waynes as everyone else. I'd see if he's willing to restructure. We've already given him 2 years of pay for nothing. We're not getting that back. If we could spread out the cap and keep him that would be better IMO.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:32 PM)doze4 Wrote: LSU fan here. New Bengals fan as well. You guys are absolutely nuts if you dont go after Tretter. One of the 3 best Centers in the league . Top notch pass blocker, would stick it to the Browns . Could move Karras to left gaurd (where he plays much better). Tretter is extremely SMART also . 
Just re-elected UNANOMOUSLY as president of NFL players association. Ivy league grad (Cornell), never misses games. Zac Taylor said 2 years ago, he wanted LEADERS on this tean (team captain types) . Well here you go ! Release Hopkins and save 6.5 mil in cap space. Tretter may cost you 10m. Use Carman as a depth piece (how many games were 1 or 2 O lineman injured last year ??? ). Try to pick up Lael or some other Right tackle in FA (drafting O Lineman is a crapshoot). Sign Rief to a restructured deal as a backup "swing" tackle. He has experience at both tackle positions. Then draft the best players available (prefferably to shore up the defense). 

Hehe.  Welcome!!!  The above plan has my full approval.  Make this happen!  Ryan Jensen who?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:32 PM)doze4 Wrote: LSU fan here. New Bengals fan as well. You guys are absolutely nuts if you dont go after Tretter. One of the 3 best Centers in the league . Top notch pass blocker, would stick it to the Browns . Could move Karras to left gaurd (where he plays much better). Tretter is extremely SMART also . 
Just re-elected UNANOMOUSLY as president of NFL players association. Ivy league grad (Cornell), never misses games. Zac Taylor said 2 years ago, he wanted LEADERS on this tean (team captain types) . Well here you go ! Release Hopkins and save 6.5 mil in cap space. Tretter may cost you 10m. Use Carman as a depth piece (how many games were 1 or 2 O lineman injured last year ??? Try to pick up Lael or some other Right tackle in FA (drafting O Lineman is a crapshoot). Sign Rief to a restructured deal as a backup "swing" tackle. He has experience at both tackle positions. Then draft the best players available (prefferably to shore up the defense). 

*We're absolutely nuts if we don't go after Tretter because you're part of us now brother! Welcome aboard!

This would be absolutely INCREDIBLE and I think would make us pretty big favorites to win the Super Bowl!

Burrow would be licking his lips at the thought!

This would open up our draft so much and we could fix our secondary (cornerback) early!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: *We're absolutely nuts if we don't go after Tretter because you're part of us now brother! Welcome aboard!

This would be absolutely INCREDIBLE and I think would make us pretty big favorites to win the Super Bowl!

Burrow would be licking his lips at the thought!

This would open up our draft so much and we could fix our secondary (cornerback) early!

Actually, we are absolutely nuts for following this team period.... I'm a 20 year guy...... But man has it all absolutely been worth it this year. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:33 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If he’s released you are able to put guard rails on the contract. Many may want to go that way. That’s a key with him. His agent I’m convinced wants him here. Getting him on a 1 year prove it even if expensive would work.

WHAT???

Put a top lineman on a prove it deal?  How insane is this?   A prove it deal is for players coming off an injury or back to back poor production seasons with another team.  Not a top player who is financial trade or cut.

If the guy has more issues other than the 2 yr old test incident that we dont know about then I can get on board, otherwise this is beyond silly.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not as keen on cutting Waynes as everyone else. I'd see if he's willing to restructure. We've already given him 2 years of pay for nothing. We're not getting that back. If we could spread out the cap and keep him that would be better IMO.

Eek, hot take.

Am I hearing you say you rather keep waynes and cut bates?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not as keen on cutting Waynes as everyone else. I'd see if he's willing to restructure. We've already given him 2 years of pay for nothing. We're not getting that back. If we could spread out the cap and keep him that would be better IMO.

I cant see this ever coming to fruition.  Waynes couldnt get on the field fully healthy when Awuzie went down.  He's in the dog house bad or just a poor fit.... if he is not cut it would be the biggest surprise of the offseason.

If we needed the cash, your point of Tretter > Bates is not crazy. We would need to sign a vet and draft a stud.  But this is the type of thinking the Bengals need to move to in regards to paying the money to priority positons.

Reply/Quote
This definitely fits Zac Taylor's initials scheme.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I am all in on Tretter, and mostly in on Collins.

We don't need to cut Waynes to go after Tretter. If we land Tretter, you cut Hopkins. We have over $13 mil in space ATM. More than enough to land Tretter. Cut Hopkins and it is near $19.5 mil. Enough for Tretter & Collins.

Plus, if we land Collins, you can cut Fred Johnson and save $2.4 mil.

I wouldn't cut Waynes until another CB is on board. Hopefully we can sign a CB and a TE with that Waynes money. Getting tight but still doable.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 05:44 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I am all in on Tretter, and mostly in on Collins.

We don't need to cut Waynes to go after Tretter. If we land Tretter, you cut Hopkins. We have over $13 mil in space ATM. More than enough to land Tretter. Cut Hopkins and it is near $19.5 mil. Enough for Tretter & Collins.

I wouldn't cut Waynes until another CB is on board. Hopefully we can sign a CB and a TE with that Waynes money. Getting tight but still doable.

What has Waynes shown you, that you want to keep him.  You aren't the first person with this take, so I'm honestly curious.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 07:20 PM)Stewy Wrote: What has Waynes shown you, that you want to keep him.  You aren't the first person with this take, so I'm honestly curious.

I would cut Waynes and sign someone to replace him at half the price who can average more than 3 games a year.

Definitely get Tretter though!
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 05:44 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I am all in on Tretter, and mostly in on Collins.

My thoughts as well. Tretter at Center and Karras  to LG,  Collins on a mission at RT. Man oh man. That is a nice nasty line. 
If another CB comes aboard then bye bye Waynes. 
Reply/Quote
If it came down to it, I'd take Tretter over Collins if I couldn't have both. I just trust the guy more, and that gives us 4 strong 0-linemen, 3 really strong ones.
Reply/Quote
Larry was good for us.... Come on down Tretter

Reply/Quote