Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Chad wants to play DB in camp
from Instagram

It would be fun to watch and he would fit in under the cap

bengals It's been exactly one year since we revealed our New Stripes.

It was a pretty good first season for the new look. ?
View all 281 comments
ochocinco Can i come back & play, i don’t need a contract, i still have 82% of my career earnings being cheap throughout the years, i just want to play DB & cover Tee, Chase & Boyd in training camp, you can cut me before the season starts, deal

bengals @ochocinco We’ll pass along your information. Please send us some tape at your earliest convenience

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Publicity stunt.

He can't stand not being in the spotlight.

We need our actual DBs to get some practice and facing our receivers is more than good enough competition to prepare them for the regular season.

Not to mention that we don't need his shenanigans while we're building team chemistry.
Reply/Quote
enough of Chad
Reply/Quote
To the first two replies: A hearty “BOOOOOOO!”
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 07:43 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: To the first two replies: A hearty “BOOOOOOO!”

Seriously. Love Chad. Love that Chad still loves the Bengals. And in case people forgot he was the only one talking us up last year early on before everyone else hopped on the bandwagon.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 07:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Seriously. Love Chad. Love that Chad still loves the Bengals. And in case people forgot he was the only one talking us up last year early on before everyone else hopped on the bandwagon.

Yep

I'd love to see Chad at camp for a day of fun. But only one.
Reply/Quote
I’d love to see Chad at camp. Always happy to see Chad involved.
Reply/Quote
Pfff try him at wideout. I wonder if he could still play? I bet he could have as much of an impact as Stanley Morgan, Michael Thomas, or Auden Tate have had…
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Well guess he had to make some news that does not really matter, ive seen this before
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 08:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd love to see Chad at camp for a day of fun. But only one.

Hell, yeah!  Bring him in for one day.  Make it a big circus.  Zac is all about a low workload in training camp.  So why not let Chad take a few reps at DB?

Training camp needs juice like that to keep it exciting.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 08:14 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Pfff try him at wideout. I wonder if he could still play? I bet he could have as much of an impact as Stanley Morgan, Michael Thomas, or Auden Tate have had…

Chad was an elite route runner.  That skill ages well.  I bet he would be better than any WR after our top 3.

First preseason game I would have him play WR, CB, and kick an extra point.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2022, 07:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Seriously. Love Chad. Love that Chad still loves the Bengals. And in case people forgot he was the only one talking us up last year early on before everyone else hopped on the bandwagon.

I'm right there with you and happy to see someone react to this with positivity. Him being around the team and being a pseudo spokesperson for the organization is good.

If the old guy can still play, I wouldn't object but clearly believe this is just a fun gimmick. It wouldn't hurt the squad to have some fun with it during OTAs.
Reply/Quote
Bring him in as PR guy and backup Kicker
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 12:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Hell, yeah!  Bring him in for one day.  Make it a big circus.  Zac is all about a low workload in training camp.  So why not let Chad take a few reps at DB?

Training camp needs juice like that to keep it exciting.

Training camp will be packed this year.  Bring in Chad one day and it will be a circus, but do it the right way and it'd be great for the fans and the team during the heat and drag of camp.

Make it fun.  When you have a year like they did last year you can do this kind of stuff.  Would be good publicity for a team that is already attracting on new fans.
Reply/Quote
He could always join Terrel Owens in the USFL..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 10:00 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He could always join Terrel Owens in the USFL..

Owens is in the Fan Controlled league not the USFL.  I'm not sure but I think he's on the same team as Manziel.

As for Chad cool to have him continue to support the team.  I'm certain his recent statement is just Chad being Chad and there is no actual concern of him taking practice reps away from active players. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 10:22 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Owens is in the Fan Controlled league not the USFL.  I'm not sure but I think he's on the same team as Manziel.

As for Chad cool to have him continue to support the team.  I'm certain his recent statement is just Chad being Chad and there is no actual concern of him taking practice reps away from active players.   :)

Right

Just bring him in and let him talk crap on the sideline, be Chad. Then maybe at the end of practice let them have 10 minutes of fun throwing the ball around.
Reply/Quote
It would be fun for the current players just having him there being Chad.
Signing a one day contract to play wouldn't be wise, as it would reset his HOF eligibility date.
Reply/Quote
If they did Hard Knocks this year it would make for an entertaining scene when he gets cut.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2022, 11:01 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It would be fun for the current players just having him there being Chad.
Signing a one day contract to play wouldn't be wise, as it would reset his HOF eligibility date.

He won't be a HoFer regardless, so that shouldn't be a concern. 
Reply/Quote