Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changeup at RT?
This causes me pause. I read that Hakeem is more comfortable at in space at OT than at guard, but he also favors the left side. I just hope the team addresses depth at OT this draft.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm actually good with this.

I think Adeniji lacks strength despite his size. I also think playing next to Adeniji made Prince look a lot worse than he actually was last year.

Adenine's record as a player is one of having a good game as a backup, then falling off pretty dramatically as he gets more snaps.

None of it is ideal, but at least the guy has had plenty of snaps as a starter.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 08:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: Our surprise RT....KEVIN HUBER!!!!

Even better, maybe number 79 can report as eligible.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 07:15 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I do have to say that it is interesting that you noticed this tell during the Tennessee game, but that also happened to arguably be Prince's best game as a pro. He allowed no sacks, no pressures and no hits on 48 dropbacks. I am not even saying you're wrong - I just genuinely find it interesting. 

He would also be going up against Greg Rousseau (7 sacks this yr) , both of which are long 6-6 guys.
This maybe a an advantage to Prince over the 6-4 Adeniji. 
Reply/Quote
My question is why was Prince on the practice squad and not getting reps with the first team in practice while LC rested on Wednesdays and Adeniji was getting those reps...now Adeniji isn't playing. Makes no sense and Prince missed out on valuable reps.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 09:38 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm actually good with this.  

I think Adeniji lacks strength despite his size.  I also think playing next to Adeniji made Prince look a lot worse than he actually was last year.

Adenine's record as a player is one of having a good game as a backup, then falling off pretty dramatically as he gets more snaps.  

None of it is ideal, but at least the guy has had plenty of snaps as a starter.

Agree. Prince strength and size matches up better against Boussard. Adeniji looked really bad last Saturday.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 12:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My question is why was Prince on the practice squad and not getting reps with the first team in practice while LC rested on Wednesdays and Adeniji was getting those reps...now Adeniji isn't playing. Makes no sense and Prince missed out on valuable reps.

That's why it all seems so strange to me....the reps with the starters thing.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Not big on PFF but didn’t Prince have a similar grade in 2021 to what Collins had this season?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 12:24 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: My question is why was Prince on the practice squad and not getting reps with the first team in practice while LC rested on Wednesdays and Adeniji was getting those reps...now Adeniji isn't playing. Makes no sense and Prince missed out on valuable reps.

I think they’re ***** with the Bills. The SI Bengals insider bit showed a play where adenji pulled all the way to the LG LT gap. Pretty cool… . 
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 12:50 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Not big on PFF but didn’t Prince have a similar grade in 2021 to what Collins had this season?

Yes, during the regular season Prince played a little less than half the snaps Collins played this season and overall Collins grade this year is 57.9 according to pff compared to Prince 58.0 last year.

Adeniji last year had an overall score of 48.3 in the regular season. A clear level below Prince, and if you go back and watch the tape it supports Prince playing better than Hakeem last year. They both played poorly in the playoffs and had similar pff grades in the playoffs.

I think a lot of people are saying Adeniji played out of position last year and should get the nod over Prince. Even if it makes a big difference for him playing RT it’d still probably at best get him to Prince’s level of play last year. I’d also argue that Prince showed signs of improvement as the year went on.

I’ve been hard on Prince in the past. I’m an OSU fan and wanted absolutely nothing to do with him when we signed him here. I’ve seen enough from him at this level to think he can be a damn fine backup RT as long as the rest of our line is solid.

As far as Prince being on the PS I think that’s just the way it played out after his injury. They put him on PS because there wasn’t an immediate need and he could stay with the team while not eating a roster spot riding the bench. Adeniji offers more versatility as 6th o line, OT and OG so it makes sense to have him active on game days over Prince in a backup role.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 06:39 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Perfect. 

IDK what the mystery is about. I mean, do you think the Bills are do anything different if suddenly Prince starts instead of Adeniji (or Smith, or Carman)? 

Anyway, if Prince does start, not exactly a ringing vote of confidence for Adeniji (supposedly swing tackle, OT3) or Smith (OT4), when the guy from the PS (who was waived earlier) starts over both of you. Time to draft some OTs if so, b/c Adeniji & Smith are just wasting roster space at this point. 

Hoping the Bengals beef up the OL with the signing of a good experienced FA in the offseason.They haven’t been very successful in drafting O-linemen.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 01:34 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes, during the regular season Prince played a little less than half the snaps Collins played this season and overall Collins grade this year is 57.9 according to pff compared to Prince 58.0 last year.

Adeniji last year had an overall score of 48.3 in the regular season. A clear level below Prince, and if you go back and watch the tape it supports Prince playing better than Hakeem last year. They both played poorly in the playoffs and had similar pff grades in the playoffs.

I think a lot of people are saying Adeniji played out of position last year and should get the nod over Prince. Even if it makes a big difference for him playing RT it’d still probably at best get him to Prince’s level of play last year. I’d also argue that Prince showed signs of improvement as the year went on.

I’ve been hard on Prince in the past. I’m an OSU fan and wanted absolutely nothing to do with him when we signed him here. I’ve seen enough from him at this level to think he can be a damn fine backup RT as long as the rest of our line is solid.

As far as Prince being on the PS I think that’s just the way it played out after his injury. They put him on PS because there wasn’t an immediate need and he could stay with the team while not eating a roster spot riding the bench. Adeniji offers more versatility as 6th o line, OT and OG so it makes sense to have him active on game days over Prince in a backup role.

Good to know that there maybe little drop off with Prince in there. Maybe

Having Cappa at RG should certainly be more helpful than when he had Adeniji next to him
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 01:34 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes, during the regular season Prince played a little less than half the snaps Collins played this season and overall Collins grade this year is 57.9 according to pff compared to Prince 58.0 last year.

Makes sense.  Thank you.

As to why Zac hasn't just named a RT starter, why should he?  Linemen on both sides of the ball spend hours every week studying tape of the guy they're going to be across from.  Keep them guessing.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 02:56 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Makes sense.  Thank you.

As to why Zac hasn't just named a RT starter, why should he?  Linemen on both sides of the ball spend hours every week studying tape of the guy they're going to be across from.  Keep them guessing.

True, really nothing to gain for him announcing it early. Keeping it a secret may help, may not, but it certainly doesn’t hurt. Our players know and that’s all that matters
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 01:46 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Hoping the Bengals beef up the OL with the signing of a good experienced FA in the offseason.They haven’t been very successful in drafting O-linemen.

I think the money is extremely tight. Collins, Kappa, and Karras are all signed for multiple years, as is Volson. Jonah will make $12+ mil next year. 

The highest paid backups on the team are Sharping and Brandon Wilson (injured) at $2.5 mil each. Perine & Flowers are at $1.8 mil. Dax Hill, Carman, and CTB all will hover around $2 mil, but those are all rookie scale contracts, not FAs. I doubt we spend big on a FA lineman, the money is not there. Nor the space or organizational willingness to havehigh priced backups. 

A vet on a cheaper deal, we should be sniffing around on that for sure. 
Reply/Quote
Of course, I thought Prince would not even be active for Buffalo, since Adeniji & Smith were clearly ahead of him on the depth chart, and he was thus unlikely to play. So you might want to disregard anything I have to say about RT.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I’m guessing it is as simple as Adeniji was the active swing tackle because he can play both LT and RT. Prince is an RT only but is a better RT than Adeniji. So you’d want Adeniji active to play either tackle in a pinch, but Prince to be the starting RT when you know all week he is needed.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 04:26 PM)RiverRat13 Wrote: I’m guessing it is as simple as Adeniji was the active swing tackle because he can play both LT and RT. Prince is an RT only but is a better RT than Adeniji. So you’d want Adeniji active to play either tackle in a pinch, but Prince to be the starting RT when you know all week he is needed.

This is a much better and more nuanced take than mine was. 

FWIW, the team lists Smith as the #2 LT.  Following along with your line of reasoning: Smith is best reserve LT, Prince is best reserve RT, but Adeniji is more versatile and can play either side to get you through a game, so he is active before either. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 03:46 PM)pally Wrote:

You know what they say.  If you got 3 right tackles, you ain't got a right tackle.
Reply/Quote