Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changeup at RT?
(12-30-2022, 01:34 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes, during the regular season Prince played a little less than half the snaps Collins played this season and overall Collins grade this year is 57.9 according to pff compared to Prince 58.0 last year.

Adeniji last year had an overall score of 48.3 in the regular season. A clear level below Prince, and if you go back and watch the tape it supports Prince playing better than Hakeem last year. They both played poorly in the playoffs and had similar pff grades in the playoffs.

I think a lot of people are saying Adeniji played out of position last year and should get the nod over Prince. Even if it makes a big difference for him playing RT it’d still probably at best get him to Prince’s level of play last year. I’d also argue that Prince showed signs of improvement as the year went on.

I’ve been hard on Prince in the past. I’m an OSU fan and wanted absolutely nothing to do with him when we signed him here. I’ve seen enough from him at this level to think he can be a damn fine backup RT as long as the rest of our line is solid.

As far as Prince being on the PS I think that’s just the way it played out after his injury. They put him on PS because there wasn’t an immediate need and he could stay with the team while not eating a roster spot riding the bench. Adeniji offers more versatility as 6th o line, OT and OG so it makes sense to have him active on game days over Prince in a backup role.

Great post LF40. Whoever gets the start it honestly doesn't matter to me, almost seems like a bit of smoke thrown by Burrow.

I bet Adeniji starts as he was just playing against the Patriots starters and in my eyes I saw no fall off in pass protection from La'el.

Whoever gets the spot at RT I just hope they play well so we aren't rotating at the spot too much.

Keep the starters intact as much as possible. Prince isn't bad either, like you said, he was better than Adeniji last year and just about
as good as Collins this year except for the run blocking from Collins which in the right scheme he is elite. Prince might be a better run
blocker than Adeniji I don't know, all I know is both are Tackles and should stay on the outside, same with D'Ante.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 02:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Good to know that there maybe little drop off with Prince in there. Maybe

Having Cappa at RG should certainly be more helpful than when he had Adeniji next to him

If they can get the same Prince that they got last year, i'd prefer his pass blocking to either Collins or Adeniji. They all have bad whiffs but, despite what PFF says, Prince is better at passpro. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 07:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great post LF40. Whoever gets the start it honestly doesn't matter to me, almost seems like a bit of smoke thrown by Burrow.

I bet Adeniji starts as he was just playing against the Patriots starters and in my eyes I saw no fall off in pass protection from La'el.

Whoever gets the spot at RT I just hope they play well so we aren't rotating at the spot too much.

Keep the starters intact as much as possible. Prince isn't bad either, like you said, he was better than Adeniji last year and just about
as good as Collins this year except for the run blocking from Collins which in the right scheme he is elite. Prince might be a better run
blocker than Adeniji I don't know, all I know is both are Tackles and should stay on the outside, same with D'Ante.

You need to rewatch that game again. Collins was playing fantastic. Adeniji was getting spanked
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 07:48 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You need to rewatch that game again. Collins was playing fantastic. Adeniji was getting spanked

I will, thanks Frank. I was watching Adeniji pretty intently when Collins initially went down, and I didn't see him getting spanked but I 
did see the terrible PFF grade for him so it could be true. Will go and watch the game again.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 07:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I will, thanks Frank. I was watching Adeniji pretty intently when Collins initially went down, and I didn't see him getting spanked but I 
did see the terrible PFF grade for him so it could be true. Will go and watch the game again.

Collins really was playing well. And he was going up against a really good pass rusher. You’ll notice the difference once Adeniji replaces him
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 07:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Collins really was playing well. And he was going up against a really good pass rusher. You’ll notice the difference once Adeniji replaces him

Hakeem Adeniji was beat off the snap a couple time last week. Collins has been good at hitting his marks even if he's getting beat eventually.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 07:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Collins really was playing well. And he was going up against a really good pass rusher. You’ll notice the difference once Adeniji replaces him

I rewatched the game, Collins played solid, though 1st half it was out of burrows hand so fast, there was little hope for sacks.. but yes he was playing good, I saw little drop off with Adjeniji coming in cold.. he had finished 1st half well.  As a team we struggled in 2nd half but he had zero whiffs, made most of his pass blocking just fine, i believe no sacks vs. as you stated a real good pass rusher, was solid on his run blocks, had a nice block on the longest run of day for Mixon also... looked better at tackle than what i saw last year
Reply/Quote

Yes sir. I just watched the first half and yeah, Collins was playing very well until the injury. Jonah gave up a Sack to maybe the best pass 
rusher in the league in Matt Judon. Josh Uche is also one hell of a pass rusher and if not for the hands to the face of Jonah would of had 
another Sack. Adeniji looked good in the first half from what I saw, definitely wasn't spanked. He had quick feet and good hands.

Scharping had the penalties.

Bottom line this was arguably the best pass rushing duo in the NFL right now and both OT's played pretty well, at least in the first half.

Will watch the 2nd half in a bit.

(12-30-2022, 09:41 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I rewatched the game, Collins played solid, though 1st half it was out of burrows hand so fast, there was little hope for sacks.. but yes he was playing good, I saw little drop off with Adjeniji coming in cold.. he had finished 1st half well.  As a team we struggled in 2nd half but he had zero whiffs, made most of his pass blocking just fine, i believe no sacks vs. as you stated a real good pass rusher, was solid on his run blocks, had a nice block on the longest run of day for Mixon also... looked better at tackle than what i saw last year

Have to take into account how fast Burrow gets the ball out for sure. Gonna watch that 2nd half here directly and see if I see what you
did. I suspect I will. Adeniji looks so much better at Tackle than Guard and it isn't even funny. That is where he should always be.
Reply/Quote
Adeniji was clearly getting beat almost every passing down. I can’t be the only one who noticed this, right? Thankfully Burrow was getting rid of the ball quickly

Maybe I should’ve specified that he was getting spanked on passing plays. I agree with pff on that one
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 11:03 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Adeniji was clearly getting beat almost every passing down. I can’t be the only one who noticed this, right? Thankfully Burrow was getting rid of the ball quickly

Maybe I should’ve specified that he was getting spanked on passing plays. I agree with pff on that one

Hakeem Adeniji is not the answer at Right Tackle and most likely neither is Isaiah Prince. Collins doesn't look like it either plus a late season knee injury and although I pulled very very hard for La'el Collins in the offseason he is looking very bad. Collins is smart and knows his job so he most effective thing is drive blocking out of stance one time to his mark and moving straight forward. His biggest issue is while smart and gets to his mark in pass protection it's usually everything that happens after that. You see him dive lunging alot trying to push the edge rusher desperately around the arch.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 08:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: Our surprise RT....KEVIN HUBER!!!!
No way! Dennis Roland for the win!
[Image: Matthew-McGrory.jpg?resize=441%2C256]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 10:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes sir. I just watched the first half and yeah, Collins was playing very well until the injury. Jonah gave up a Sack to maybe the best pass 
rusher in the league in Matt Judon. Josh Uche is also one hell of a pass rusher and if not for the hands to the face of Jonah would of had 
another Sack. Adeniji looked good in the first half from what I saw, definitely wasn't spanked. He had quick feet and good hands.

Scharping had the penalties.

Bottom line this was arguably the best pass rushing duo in the NFL right now and both OT's played pretty well, at least in the first half.

Will watch the 2nd half in a bit.

Have to take into account how fast Burrow gets the ball out for sure. Gonna watch that 2nd half here directly and see if I see what you
did. I suspect I will. Adeniji looks so much better at Tackle than Guard and it isn't even funny. That is where he should always be.

Agree, adeniji was not bad like he is saying , if the standard is what if Burrow held ball than collins gives 1 maybe 2 sacks with that high standard also. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 02:38 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Agree, adeniji was not bad like he is saying , if the standard is what if Burrow held ball than collins gives 1 maybe 2 sacks with that high standard also. 

This is depressing to read
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 03:04 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: This is depressing to read

Might be depressing but watch tape Burrow is drilled in back just after release and another he gets rid of with pressure coming, I'm bot taking anything of Collins he did play well  but by your standard if those 2 plays were adeniji you say bad play . In the end neither gave up a sack neither had a whiff and both played well in run game. Kudos to adeniji for coming in cold and helping us score a key td .
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 05:15 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Might be depressing but watch tape Burrow is drilled in back just after release and another he gets rid of with pressure coming, I'm bot taking anything of Collins he did play well  but by your standard if those 2 plays were adeniji you say bad play . In the end neither gave up a sack neither had a whiff and both played well in run game. Kudos to adeniji for coming in cold and helping us score a key td .

Not giving up a sack means nothing

Collins was terrible against Tampa, and terrible in pass pro against KC

Adeniji was getting worked whenever Uche was rushing the passer. Burrow had to get rid of it quickly, otherwise Uche would’ve gotten to him multiple times, or at least flushed Joe out of the pocket
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 03:13 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Of course, I thought Prince would not even be active for Buffalo, since Adeniji & Smith were clearly ahead of him on the depth chart, and he was thus unlikely to play. So you might want to disregard anything I have to say about RT.

I thought this to be a strange move by the coaching staff.Wasn’t expecting Prince to be elevated to starting role from practice squad.
Maybe they just think he matches up better against this particular defensive unit of the Buffalo Bills.
Hoping all goes well.
He did have quite a few starts last year,but, he still hasn’t proven himself thus far.
Reply/Quote
Sounding more like Prince starting I'm sure we will see a bit more TE and RB help on right side regardless who starts
Reply/Quote
right tackle will be a game day decision per Zac. I think he should have actually said "game day announcement" since he has already said he knows who it will be

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 02:38 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Agree, adeniji was not bad like he is saying , if the standard is what if Burrow held ball than collins gives 1 maybe 2 sacks with that high standard also. 

True, I didn't think La'el played very well after watching that first half before he went down either.

Not even run blocking which that is his strength.

(12-31-2022, 03:04 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: This is depressing to read

How so? Adeniji might actually be an upgrade in pass protection is depressing to read?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 10:12 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Not giving up a sack means nothing

Collins was terrible against Tampa, and terrible in pass pro against KC

Adeniji was getting worked whenever Uche was rushing the passer. Burrow had to get rid of it quickly, otherwise Uche would’ve gotten to him multiple times, or at least flushed Joe out of the pocket

this is depressing to read and wrong..lol
Reply/Quote