Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Chargers>>Bengals
The LA Chargers kicked butt relative to our hopeless Bengals. First with a sterling center in Lindsey then useful Matt Feiler then Slater in round one and then Brendan Jaimes a tackle/guard prospect I really liked. They hit home run in defense of their QB . The Bengals not so much. Really disappointed.

Bengals reliance on Tobin is our undoing.
Reply/Quote
ZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZ
Reply/Quote
I’m sure they have a message board you (and our other resident Chargers fan) can join.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 04:30 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: The LA Chargers kicked butt relative to our hopeless Bengals.  First with a sterling center in Lindsey then useful Matt Feiler then Slater in round one and then Brendan Jaimes a tackle/guard prospect I really liked. They hit home run in defense of their QB .  The Bengals not so much.  Really disappointed.

Chargers have a top ten Defense.

Chargers have two elite WRs.

Can't compare the Bengals to the Chargers because the Bengals had more holes at other spots to fill.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 04:30 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: The LA Chargers kicked butt relative to our hopeless Bengals.  First with a sterling center in Lindsey then useful Matt Feiler then Slater in round one and then Brendan Jaimes a tackle/guard prospect I really liked. They hit home run in defense of their QB .  The Bengals not so much.  Really disappointed.

Though we do have more holes in defense than Chargers, once they picked Herbert and with his outstanding rookie year they should did seem to really prioritize Offensive Line.. where Burrow was having a good year as a rookie also but with much pressure, sacks and then gets hurt and we did not seem to prioritize the same.  Good comparison
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 04:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Though we do have more holes in defense than Chargers, once they picked Herbert and with his outstanding rookie year they should did seem to really prioritize Offensive Line.. where Burrow was having a good year  as a rookie also but with much pressure, sacks and then gets hurt and we did not seem to prioritize the same.  Good comparison

We didn't?
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 04:30 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: The LA Chargers kicked butt relative to our hopeless Bengals. First with a sterling center in Lindsey then useful Matt Feiler then Slater in round one and then Brendan Jaimes a tackle/guard prospect I really liked. They hit home run in defense of their QB . The Bengals not so much. Really disappointed.

Did you get into the blue yummies too?

Or the blue gummies? :)
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 05:45 PM)sandwedge Wrote: We didn't?

According to Essex we should have used every pick on O-line plus all our Free agent money.
Reply/Quote
Eh, Chase, Carman, Ossai, Cameron Sample, Shelvin, D'Ante, McPherson, Trey Hill, Chris Evans is pretty damn good in my eyes.

Still have our 7th round pick as well with a lot of talent available...
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 05:45 PM)sandwedge Wrote: We didn't?

Not really.  Drafting two OL coming off of a collective 3 surgeries does very little toward assuring our franchise QB will be any better protected than he was last season.  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not really.  Drafting two OL coming off of a collective 3 surgeries does very little toward assuring our franchise QB will be any better protected than he was last season.  Mellow

I see you are till pretending we did not sign an upgrade at RT in free agency

Also Carmen will be ready to play this year so I don't see how using a top 50 pick on O-line is not addressing the problem.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not really.  Drafting two OL coming off of a collective 3 surgeries does very little toward assuring our franchise QB will be any better protected than he was last season.  Mellow

Trying to draft a college football player that never had a minor surgery would drastically reduce your draft board. 

Its football injuries happen.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 04:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Though we do have more holes in defense than Chargers, once they picked Herbert and with his outstanding rookie year they should did seem to really prioritize Offensive Line.. where Burrow was having a good year  as a rookie also but with much pressure, sacks and then gets hurt and we did not seem to prioritize the same.  Good comparison

I'll bet your harder than a diamond in an ice storm getting to talk about your guy Herbert.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I see you are till pretending we did not sign an upgrade at RT in free agency

Also Carmen will be ready to play this year so I don't see how using a top 50 pick on O-line is not addressing the problem.

Agree with what you said, but it is Carman people, learn how to spell his name.

He ain't Carmen Electra...

(05-01-2021, 07:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Trying to draft a college football player that never had a minor surgery would drastically reduce your draft board. 

Its football injuries happen.

This.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I see you are till pretending we did not sign an upgrade at RT in free agency

I'm not pretending anything.  Reiff is a one year stopgap, on a bargain basement contract.  As I've stated previously, he's not a solution, but rather a bandaid on a shotgun blast.

Drafting 3 OL, with two coming off of a collective 3 surgeries and the third selection being a developmental guy, does literally nothing to upgrade an OL led by a LT that's played in 10 of 32 games, a starting Center coming off of achilles injury, and an often injured castoff Guard.

Where do we purchase tickets to this fantasy land that you reside in, where the OL situation seems to be all resolved?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with what you said, but it is Carman people, learn how to spell his name.

He ain't Carmen Electra...

Cincinnati (Forest Park) legend.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 04:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Can't compare the Bengals to the Chargers because the Bengals had more holes at other spots to fill.

The Bengals had more holes than a street full of hookers in the Red Light District.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not pretending anything.  Reiff is a one year stopgap, on a bargain basement contract

I agree with the first part (stop gap) but not the 2nd.  7.5 mil is definitely not "bargain basement".
Reply/Quote

Do you remember that Anthony Munoz was coming off knee surgery when we drafted him from USC. And back in his day, knee surgery was much more major, and more of a crap shoot if it would be successful. Nowadays knee surgeries are nearly routine for football players.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 07:57 PM)GodFather Wrote: The Bengals had more holes than a street full of hookers in the Red Light District.

Damn! That’s a lot of holes.
Reply/Quote