Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Chargers>>Bengals
Terrible thread, go be a chargers fan
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 08:06 PM)Beaker Wrote: Do you remember that Anthony Munoz was coming off knee surgery when we drafted him from USC. And back in his day, knee surgery was much more major, and more of a crap shoot if it would be successful. Nowadays knee surgeries are nearly routine for football players.

C'mon man, you can't compare Trey Hill to Anthony Munoz.  Another poster already made it abundantly clear that those are completely different cases, because they involve two completely different people.  Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 08:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: C'mon man, you can't compare Trey Hill to Anthony Munoz.  Another poster already made it abundantly clear that those are completely different cases, because they involve two completely different people.  Mellow

Sure ya can compare it.. The only legit comparison though will come after they're done playing in the league.. Nobody knows right now what their careers might turn out to be. They MIGHT be HOF material, might not and probably not, but nobody knew Munoz was going to the HOF before he was drafted either.. The last job I'll ever want is predicting what young men will do with their lives outside of either dying or getting old..or both.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 04:30 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: The LA Chargers kicked butt relative to our hopeless Bengals.  First with a sterling center in Lindsey then useful Matt Feiler then Slater in round one and then Brendan Jaimes a tackle/guard prospect I really liked. They hit home run in defense of their QB .  The Bengals not so much.  Really disappointed.

Bengals reliance on Tobin is our undoing.

via GIPHY

I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 08:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: C'mon man, you can't compare Trey Hill to Anthony Munoz.  Another poster already made it abundantly clear that those are completely different cases, because they involve two completely different people.  Mellow

Of course theyre totally different people, but what you can compare is that just because a player had an injury that required surgery in college that doesnt exclude them from a possibly decent NFL career.
Reply/Quote
If Frank Pollack and the new draftees can play "average" along the offensive line and if Joe is healthy I think this offense will be potent. Maybe next year they can make the offense of line "good." One draft doesn't feel enough even with the extra pics.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote