Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chargers Gameplan
(09-16-2015, 09:12 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I don't think it was designed to be the Eifert show, I think it was there as the blanket we have always wanted for Dalton.

That being said, I would attack them, similar to the Raiders. No reason to stop what worked. We attack them and don't go in conservative. The Raiders run defense did a great job of closing holes so we were forced to pass it a bit more, eventually that opened up things.

Yeah, i always liked the philosophy of doing what works and Dalton and Hue did a great job of
that against the Raiders. Keep it up, i liked what they were doing on Offense and we need to try
to go deep even if it didn't work against Oakland.
Reply/Quote
Both teams like to air it out, which is fine, but I think the ground game should be the focal point of our offense this week.

Talent wise, I think our O-line overpowers their D-line by a wide margin. I just can't see any reason not to run the ball a lot.

It's going to be a heavily contested aerial assault, but I think the better running team comes out with the win at the end.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 06:56 AM)Bengals_Legendary Wrote: Both teams like to air it out, which is fine, but I think the ground game should be the focal point of our offense this week.

Talent wise, I think our O-line overpowers their D-line by a wide margin. I just can't see any reason not to run the ball a lot.

It's going to be a heavily contested aerial assault, but I think the better running team comes out with the win at the end.

Yeah, true. Nice post. I like our chances then, i think Hill and Gio can be better than Gordon and Woodhead.

Especially with our O-line going against their D-line.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 06:56 AM)Bengals_Legendary Wrote: Both teams like to air it out, which is fine, but I think the ground game should be the focal point of our offense this week.

Who Dey dat gonna come in and win again like they did in the playoffs ? Who Dey dat has our number ?Dey Da Chargers . Dat Who.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 01:20 PM)Chargerfreak Wrote: Who Dey dat gonna come in and win again like they did in the playoffs ? Who Dey dat has our number ?Dey Da Chargers . Dat Who.

Eh, we suck in the Playoffs. We should beat you in the regular season like we did in your house last time around...

Maybe beat you a lot worse with Hill and Eifert now in the fold.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 01:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, we suck in the Playoffs. We should beat you in the regular season like we did in your house last time around...

Maybe beat you a lot worse with Hill and Eifert now in the fold.

Allow me to begin shaping what is coming. There are good discussions on here about whether or not Dalton is "elite". There is no such discussions about Rivers. 404 yards last week WITH a 83.3% completion percentage.

It's not even human.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 02:25 PM)Chargerfreak Wrote: Allow me to begin shaping what is coming. There are good discussions on here about whether or not Dalton is "elite". There is no such discussions about Rivers. 404 yards last week WITH a 83.3% completion percentage.

It's not even human.

IT'S NOT EVEN HUMAN

[Image: 0e0e3e2a02da329d2a673e5d48b4efdd.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 02:27 PM)djs7685 Wrote: IT'S NOT EVEN HUMAN

[Image: 0e0e3e2a02da329d2a673e5d48b4efdd.jpg]

[Image: andy-dalton-cincinnati-bengals-san-diego-chargers.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 01:20 PM)Chargerfreak Wrote: Who Dey dat gonna come in and win again like they did in the playoffs ? Who Dey dat has our number ?Dey Da Chargers . Dat Who.

Are you a clown?

The answer is..
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 02:25 PM)Chargerfreak Wrote: Allow me to begin shaping what is coming. There are good discussions on here about whether or not Dalton is "elite". There is no such discussions about Rivers. 404 yards last week WITH a 83.3% completion percentage.

It's not even human.

I believe there is a whole section of these forums for those that dont embrace the stripes. You should go there.

Plus using the Saints chant? shameful.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 02:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I believe there is a whole section of these forums for those that dont embrace the stripes.  You should go there.

Plus using the Saints chant?   shameful.

Since this thread had the word "Chargers" in it I posted. If I am not allowed, I will gladly go to a thread that is allowed.

I can help you with the "Gameplan" part. Our secondary, all trash talk aside, is developing into one of the best in the NFL. Fourth in the league last year, we are loaded back there. Stafford, MEGATRON, and Golden Tate were shut down. Remember this name, and watch him Sunday- Jason Verrett. He may be the next Darrell Green or Revis Island. He's THAT talented, AND he's only our Number 2 CB after Flowers.

You have to establish the run. Our weakness is our D Line. There is Corey Luiget, and then that's it. Long drives keeps Rivers on the sideline.

Offense is a lot tougher. Our Oline is overall new to our team. So they haven't gelled yet. It's an opportunity, but Rivers zips it quick to the WR's, who then run for yards. It's a headache because if you cut off the short quick pass, the field is open behind you. DC's aren't very big on that. I'm convinced that you have a better secondary than Detroit. Your coaches will have to gameplan, but Rivers is awfully tough and experienced. You run it, he's seen it before.

We'll run the shotgun draw until you are literally sick of seeing it. I know because we are. But what they proved is that by the second half it makes the defense tired, and then it starts working.

Just thought I would give you my take on what your opportunities can be. Thanks
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 03:44 PM)Chargerfreak Wrote: Since this thread had the word "Chargers" in it I posted. If I am not allowed, I will gladly go to a thread that is allowed.

I can help you with the "Gameplan" part. Our secondary, all trash talk aside, is developing into one of the best in the NFL. Fourth in the league last year, we are loaded back there. Stafford, MEGATRON, and Golden Tate were shut down. Remember this name, and watch him Sunday- Jason Verrett. He may be the next Darrell Green or Revis Island. He's THAT talented, AND he's only our Number 2 CB after Flowers.

You have to establish the run. Our weakness is our D Line. There is Corey Luiget, and then that's it. Long drives keeps Rivers on the sideline.

Offense is a lot tougher. Our Oline is overall new to our team. So they haven't gelled yet. It's an opportunity, but Rivers zips it quick to the WR's, who then run for yards. It's a headache because if you cut off the short quick pass, the field is open behind you. DC's aren't very big on that. I'm convinced that you have a better secondary than Detroit. Your coaches will have to gameplan, but Rivers is awfully tough and experienced. You run it, he's seen it before.

We'll run the shotgun draw until you are literally sick of seeing it. I know because we are. But what they proved is that by the second half it makes the defense tired, and then it starts working.

Just thought I would give you my take on what your opportunities can be. Thanks

just giving crap....

Thats a good breakdown... though.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 03:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: just giving crap....

Thats a good breakdown... though.

No problem Xeno, and thanks.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 02:25 PM)Chargerfreak Wrote: It's not even human.

Then why did it throw two picks?
Reply/Quote
Here is what I think we should do.

Establish the running game in the first half, then throw on every down in the second half.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 04:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is what I think we should do.

Establish the running game in the first half, then throw on every down in the second half.

dang that sounds like something we did during corey dillions time
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 04:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then why did it throw two picks?

One of them was just, in Rivers own words " A horrible pass". He underthrew the ball in the right corner of the endzone. Easy pickings for the DB. The other ball bounced off of Keenan Allen's hands on a crossing pattern. Allen never saw the throw. A microsecond before it got there he put his hands up. Bounced up off of him = pickings for the defense.

That same Keenan Allen had 15 catches in the game. Yeah, 15. Whoever your number 1 cornerback is, he had best be on Allen.

Is it Adam Jones ?
Reply/Quote
I'm sure everyone agrees that the game-plan should be to give Rivers the fewest opportunities to make plays as possible. Not only does that mean getting in his face and maintaining good coverage--but also establish the run game and control the clock.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

It's not even human.

Really?  Look at their numbers four years in....pretty similar.  And Dalton has played in a tougher division.  Rivers had a few years (later in his career) where he was very pedestrian. 

I think he is a heck of a QB, and tough as nails.  However, that doesn't mean he will do well when facing a healthy Bengals defense.  Brees, Brady, and Rogers have looked very average against a healthy Bengals defense....no reason to think Rivers won't be the same.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 04:24 PM)Chargerfreak Wrote: One of them was just, in Rivers own words " A horrible pass". He underthrew the ball in the right corner of the endzone. Easy pickings for the DB. The other ball bounced off of Keenan Allen's hands on a crossing pattern. Allen never saw the throw. A microsecond before it got there he put his hands up. Bounced up off of him = pickings for the defense.

That same Keenan Allen had 15 catches in the game. Yeah, 15. Whoever your number 1 cornerback is, he had best be on Allen.

Is it Adam Jones ?

Adam plays RCB. Dre Kirkpatrick plays the LCB. Leon Hall is in the slot.
There's one man that wasn't in that 2013 playoff game....Geno Atkins.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote