Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charles Davis Mock Draft on NFL.com
Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916761/article/charles-davis-mock-draft-10-bengals-land-qb-of-future

This scenario has the Bengals drafting Josh Allen QB, Wyonling at 12.

"They need help at a number of spots, but the Bengals might not be able to resist hitting the reset button for the future with this strong-armed Cowboy."

This isn't the worst thing I have heard, but still doesn't help the line that is desperate to be addressed.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Don't see it....
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 12:27 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Link:  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916761/article/charles-davis-mock-draft-10-bengals-land-qb-of-future

"They need help at a number of spots, but the Bengals might not be able to resist hitting the reset button for the future with this strong-armed Cowboy."

This isn't the worst thing I have heard, but still doesn't help the line that is desperate to be addressed.

Josh Allen is pure potential, not a starter for at least one year and likely not a good starter for at least 2-3 years.
His biggest issue from what I've observed/read is he is not very accurate, and that's not something that is easily coached.

If Allen is picked, you may as well consider this team in rebuilding mode.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 12:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Josh Allen is pure potential, not a starter for at least one year and likely not a good starter for at least 2-3 years.
His biggest issue from what I've observed/read is he is not very accurate, and that's not something that is easily coached.

If Allen is picked, you may as well consider this team in rebuilding mode.

I want Connor Williams- which makes the most sense for this team.  Outside of linemen, I am always curious to see what others think.

Reply/Quote
Driskel should be good to go to be the backup this year, given that his broken arm was his non- throwing. I'm not for tacking a QB that high when there are so many other pressing needs. I'd be delighted to get Lamar in the 2nd or 3rd....
Reply/Quote
I'd prefer an OT myself, but if we go QB, I'd rather we take Mason Rudolph over the Wisconsin guy.
I'm having a hard time seeing him get past NE though.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 12:30 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: I want Connor Williams- which makes the most sense for this team.  Outside of linemen, I am always curious to see what others think.

For me, it's OT, Quenton Nelson (likely not available though), Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, or Minkah Fitzpatrick (also likely not available).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Lol @NFL.com

I actually think nfk.com picked the one guy who has absolutely no chance of getting drafted by the bengals. Kudos. That's like me going to the dog track and picking the losing dog three times in a row..
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 12:30 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: I want Connor Williams- which makes the most sense for this team.  Outside of linemen, I am always curious to see what others think.

couldn't we end up in the same situation when we draft Obg?    Williams is hurt currentlu and coming off a down year...

Will he be healthy enough for Camp... (cause if hes not hes not starting day 1)
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 12:27 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Link:  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916761/article/charles-davis-mock-draft-10-bengals-land-qb-of-future

Not going to happen. Marvin Lewis has two years to show that he can win a playoff game and drafting the future starting QB this year is just not in the plans. Besides, as others have mentioned, Marv doesn't like QB controversies and drafting Allen would create that immediately. I could see 10 threads started before the 13th pick was named all asking "Who can we trade Dalton to right now for a 1st round pick this year?"

Reply/Quote
I would not be surprised to see the Bengals take a QB in the top half of their draft, but no way in hell do they use the #12 pick on one.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 01:01 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Not going to happen. Marvin Lewis has two years to show that he can win a playoff game and drafting the future starting QB this year is just not in the plans. Besides, as others have mentioned, Marv doesn't like QB controversies and drafting Allen would create that immediately. I could see 10 threads started before the 13th pick was named all asking "Who can we trade Dalton to right now for a 1st round pick this year?"

TAKE IT TO THE DALTON BOARD!   Smack

also I agree.

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 12:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: For me, it's OT, Quenton Nelson (likely not available though), Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, or Minkah Fitzpatrick (also likely not available).

Pretty much this 

(02-20-2018, 01:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I would not be surprised to see the Bengals take a QB in the top half of their draft, but no way in hell do they use the #12 pick on one.

Agree with this as well. 

Will add that I would be livid if they do draft a QB in 1st round after not addressing needs last year and turning around and doing it again.

Plus it would be horrible for team chemistry.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 12:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Driskel should be good to go to be the backup this year, given that his broken arm was his non- throwing. I'm not for tacking a QB that high when there are so many other pressing needs. I'd be delighted to get Lamar in the 2nd or 3rd....

and this is exactly my sentiments. 

Would love to see Lamar in Bengals stripes. 

My biggest fear is that he will land in Pittsburgh.

Eerily had same feeling when Ben was coming out of Oxford. 

But now even though he had success. Am very happy Ben did not become a Bengal because I loathe him as a human being now. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

It's the worst thing I've heard.  Yes, the O Line needs addressed. We have no blocking.  How can you run or throw with no blocking. How can the D look good with so many 3 and outs due to no blocking. I want us to go O Line in Round One and in Round Two.  We need a Left Tackle.  We need a Center or Guard. Free Agency won't be much help.  Now in Free Agency I would LOVE to see the Bengals with D Coordinator just from Detroit bring in some of his starters on Detroit D. The Safety would be a huge pick up. We need a safety since Nelson left. The Detroit safety is good and a free agent we could get. Same with Detroit starting cornerback and Detroit starting linebacker. I would like to see us get all 3 in here, or at least 2.  IF WE CAN DO THAT, it sets up going Round One and Two on Blocking.  Then improved Blocking sets up Dalton, Green, Mixon, Bernard, the whole 10 yards. We start scoring. We start winning. Back in play-offs. 

Quarterback in Round One, Heck No, WE DON'T LIVE IN CLEVELAND. ( They who take QB high every year and finish last every year ). 

As for hitting the reset button, NO...We have Dalton, Green, Atkins, Dunlap ...If we have blocking in 2018, we are back in play-offs and back in Super Bowl Hunt. Keep that finger off the reset button. GET US BLOCKING IN HERE. With blocking we could start 8-0 like 2015 before Dalton injured. Drafting other positions will send us to a 4 win season and a bad draft. There are some top notch future Pro Bowl blockers in this draft. The type of blockers you take like Munoz, Montoya, Big Willie, Whitworth, Bob Johnson, and you let them block 10 years for you and you never regret drafting THE HOGS. You can't win without those Hogs up front. As of now we have THE WORST blockers in NFL. We need to change that in March and April.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
This mock draft also has the Steelers drafting a RB in round 1. So I don't think much of it was serious or if it was just not well thought out.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 01:43 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: This mock draft also has the Steelers drafting a RB in round 1.  So I don't think much of it was serious or if it was just not well thought out.

Doesn't sound like it.  Steelers are kind of loaded at RB.  The very bad injury to that great Ohio State linebacker of theirs, I see them going linebacker, because there are some Steelers type linebackers in draft.  Plus Harrison gone.  Steelers are forced to be looking D because D is what the Steelers do.  That's a huge injury they have to address on D.  Doesn't sound like this Mock Draft was thought out at all, they just picked names out of a hat. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 01:34 PM)kevin Wrote: Quarterback in Round One, Heck No, WE DON'T LIVE IN CLEVELAND. ( They who take QB high every year and finish last every year ). 

I wanted to waste some time so I looked up the Browns and Bengals QB draft picks since the Browns came back in 1999

Browns

Bengals

Yes, we've drafted less QBs than them, but we've also drafted more QB's high than they have too.  You say the Browns draft a QB high every year (an exaggeration, I know) but I don't think anyone would consider guys like Kessler and Kizer to be high pick QBs.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 03:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I wanted to waste some time so I looked up the Browns and Bengals QB draft picks since the Browns came back in 1999

Browns

Bengals

Yes, we've drafted less QBs than them, but we've also drafted more QB's high than they have too.  You say the Browns draft a QB high every year (an exaggeration, I know) but I don't think anyone would consider guys like Kessler and Kizer to be high pick QBs.

I think the run of Quinn, Weeden, and Manziel is what most people laugh about.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2018, 03:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think the run of Quinn, Weeden, and Manziel is what most people laugh about.

The terrible 22s!  Well, all 3 of those guys had flags of varying shades of red before the Browns got bold and picked them, so ehh.  Otherwise, they've just been picking guys who have no shot of starting.  I know Browns fans and going into the 2016 draft I said I wasn't sure Wentz was a lock but he could be the first QB they took since Couch that didn't have huge red flags.

Ah well, life goes on.  Maybe they'll take the guy with the really small face this time.

[Image: C4ZlCIcXAAAsZKE.jpg]
Reply/Quote