Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase’s route tree against Baltimore
(10-12-2022, 11:24 AM)PhilHos Wrote: That's my point. People are criticizing the lack of creativity on Chase routes and I'm just saying, let's look at ALL of his routes before making that determination.

If someone can find more out there by all means share it. I just saw this and thought it was pretty indicative of what we’ve been seeing on a whole, so I posted it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 11:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well yeah, this is just his targets I assume. Which includes incompletions.

It’s only the Ravens game.

That makes more sense.  Not sure why I thought it was overall.  But that's still a very limited part of the story.  I don't like it, but it's not the whole story and it's hard to make judgement just off this.  
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 11:24 AM)PhilHos Wrote: That's my point. People are criticizing the lack of creativity on Chase routes and I'm just saying, let's look at ALL of his routes before making that determination.

Burrow was 24-35 in that game. And if you look at Burrow's pass chart it mirrors Chase's route chart, as has been said.

To me the issue is why are we not attacking downfield more? Middle of the field more? There's like 5 or perhaps 6 targets in the middle. There's only one attempt over 20 yards and only like 3 or 4 past 15.

The lion's share is all 5 yards downfield or less. And you can't blame that on the Oline, their could not even be an Oline and you can throw those short passes.

You don't have to have 5 seconds to throw 20 yard passes. I think the Oline excuse is overblown !!

The problem is play design/game plan/play calling. Or JB has issues.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 11:40 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Burrow was 24-35 in that game. And if you look at Burrow's pass chart it mirrors Chase's route chart, as has been said.

To me the issue is why are we not attacking downfield more? Middle of the field more? There's like 5 or perhaps 6 targets in the middle. There's only one attempt over 20 yards and only like 3 or 4 past 15.

The lion's share is all 5 yards downfield or less. And you can't blame that on the Oline, their could not even be an Oline and you can throw those short passes.

You don't have to have 5 seconds to throw 20 yard passes. I think the Oline excuse is overblown !!

The problem is play design/game plan/play calling. Or JB has issues.

My question is more like, if running the ball is the biggest counteract to Cover 2 and we figured out how to run the ball well against the Ravens, why were we not leaning on the run more. Part of me honestly thinks the coaching staff wasn't expecting the run game to work and that's what messed them up so much. lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 10:03 AM)Tony Wrote: You really Love you some Zac, huh? Like he don't have any input on the plays drawn up..What's the point of calling someone else's playbook anyway? That don't make much sense..

You act like he slept with your wife or something.... your hatred is over the top.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 11:48 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You act like he slept with your wife or something.... your hatred is over the top.

Who was the guy in Smack Talk that was obsessed with hating Jake Delhomme? Reminds me of that guy.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 11:43 AM)PhilHos Wrote: My question is more like, if running the ball is the biggest counteract to Cover 2 and we figured out how to run the ball well against the Ravens, why were we not leaning on the run more. Part of me honestly thinks the coaching staff wasn't expecting the run game to work and that's what messed them up so much. lol

I feel like they are going to run the **** out of the ball in shotgun against the Saints (or at least they should). 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 11:43 AM)PhilHos Wrote: My question is more like, if running the ball is the biggest counteract to Cover 2 and we figured out how to run the ball well against the Ravens, why were we not leaning on the run more. Part of me honestly thinks the coaching staff wasn't expecting the run game to work and that's what messed them up so much. lol

I don't disagree and then that falls back on not being able to switch on the fly "in game". 

The bottom line to me is this offense has the potential to be a Corvette and it's being driven like a Chevette.

Something has to change, probably several things.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 11:49 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Who was the guy in Smack Talk that was obsessed with hating Jake Delhomme? Reminds me of that guy.

Good ole Coltsfan. I miss him so...?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 11:51 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I feel like they are going to run the **** out of the ball in shotgun against the Saints (or at least they should). 

That should definitely be the plan. Don’t need to be passing a ton and give Cam Jordan a chance for a big day. Plus Lattimore will be all over Chase the whole game.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 11:51 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I feel like they are going to run the **** out of the ball in shotgun against the Saints (or at least they should). 

If they don't at least ramp up the RPOs, it would be almost criminal.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I updated the thread title to clarify this is only the Ravens game.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 11:55 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Good ole Coltsfan. I miss him so...?

I wonder what ever happened to that guy and his 15 favorite teams ?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 11:55 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That should definitely be the plan. Don’t need to be passing a ton and give Cam Jordan a chance for a big day. Plus Lattimore will be all over Chase the whole game.

Justin Jefferson destroyed Lattimore
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:02 PM)Tony Wrote: Justin Jefferson destroyed Lattimore

Justin Jefferson is destroying everyone right now.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Just Jefferson is destroying everyone right now.

Very true....
Reply/Quote
This is embarrassing. While JJ is a probably a better route runner, this is on coaching. Bengals need more motion.

With all the talent the Bengals have, you’d think it’d be an OC dream job. And head coach.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 09:21 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I notice JJ's are longer.  Could it be that Cousin's has more time than Burrow?

Th Vikings have 2 tackles who are playing very well this year

Bengals? Not so much
Reply/Quote
You can tell from the charts Minnesota is moving Jefferson around to create mismatch and put the ball in the hands of their playmaker.... Cincinnati isn't.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Bad play design falls on Callahan IMO
Reply/Quote