Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase’s route tree against Baltimore
(10-12-2022, 08:53 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is it really the route tree that is the problem? I mean it's not like they have all 4 targets running the same route on every play. Could it be that our QB is just having tunnel vision on one particular target, and failing to recognize the other targets that are open for moderate to significant gains on the same play?

It’s coaching. Bengals need more movement. Chase needs to go deep more. I think it’s worthy to note, teams didn’t just start clouding and doubling Chase this year. They were doing it his rookie year.

I think a lot of people assume Burrow has “tunnel vision” because of their history and also because he (used to) get the most looks. He’s definitely his favorite, but Chase is just better than Boyd and Higgins, and they have exceptional chemistry, certainly more so than Jefferson and Cousins. Burrow is targeting the other guys more this year. Now you see why.

I’d be curious to see the other guys’ routes.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:14 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: It’s coaching. Bengals need more movement. Chase needs to go deep more. I think it’s worthy to note, teams didn’t just start clouding and double teaming Chase this year. They were doing it his rookie year.

I think a lot of people assume Burrow has “tunnel vision” because of their history and also because he (used to) get the most looks. He’s definitely his favorite, but Chase is just better than Boyd and Higgins, and they have exceptional chemistry, certainly more so than Jefferson and Cousins. Burrow is targeting the other guys more this year. Now you see why.

I’d be curious to see the other guys’ routes.

Chase is 5th in the league in total targets. He has more targets than Tee and Boyd combined. Even accounting for Tee barely playing against Baltimore, Chase is a averaging a little less than one fewer target per game than Tee and Boyd combined. I believe that is the reason that fans are saying Burrow has "tunnel vision". Not saying that I necessarily agree, but Burrow is not targeting the other guys more this year. Chase's per game targets have increased by 41% through the first five games this season, in comparison to 2021 per game targets. His target share has also increased, going from 24.6% to 27.7%. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Justin Jefferson is destroying everyone right now.

Except the Lions where he had 14 yards.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:22 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Chase is 5th in the league in total targets. He has more targets than Tee and Boyd combined. Even accounting for Tee barely playing against Baltimore, Chase is a averaging a little less than one fewer target per game than Tee and Boyd combined. I believe that is the reason that fans are saying Burrow has "tunnel vision". Not saying that I necessarily agree, but Burrow is not targeting the other guys more this year. Chase's per game targets have increased by 41% through the first five games this season, in comparison to 2021 per game targets. His target share has also increased, going from 24.6% to 27.7%. 

My mistake. I was mostly talking about the Ravens game since that’s what this route tree was. I think he had fewer targets but I could be wrong.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:22 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Chase is 5th in the league in total targets. He has more targets than Tee and Boyd combined. Even accounting for Tee barely playing against Baltimore, Chase is a averaging a little less than one fewer target per game than Tee and Boyd combined. I believe that is the reason that fans are saying Burrow has "tunnel vision". Not saying that I necessarily agree, but Burrow is not targeting the other guys more this year. Chase's per game targets have increased by 41% through the first five games this season, in comparison to 2021 per game targets. His target share has also increased, going from 24.6% to 27.7%. 

He missed half the Steelers game, too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:23 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Except the Lions where he had 14 yards.

And the Lions still lost lol.

Reply/Quote
This doesn't include the Ravens game, but it shows the incredible difference between this year and last year in the passing game.

[Image: BurrowPassingRating2022.jpeg]

[Image: BurrowPassingRating2021.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This doesn't include the Ravens game, but it shows the incredible difference between this year and last year in the passing game.

Yikes

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 02:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
This is absolutely shocking when you actually look at it. These coaches have to do a much better job of putting their players in a position to thrive. Cause this ain’t it.

So we didn’t send out best player over the middle even once?

So we really sat there and allowed it to be THAT easy for the D to key in on him?

Jesus

Wish i could see Tyler Boyds
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:51 PM)Housh Wrote: So we didn’t send out best player over the middle even once?

So we really sat there and allowed it to be THAT easy for the D to key in on him?

Jesus

Wish i could see Tyler Boyds

We don't really know for sure, those are the routes he was targeted on, not every route he actually ran.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 12:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This doesn't include the Ravens game, but it shows the incredible difference between this year and last year in the passing game.

Look at his picture in both.  Nervous
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Where did you get this graphic, btw? I’d love to compare the differences between this year and last year.

Edit: found one. Week 1 2021 against PIT. Night and day difference. Sorry, can’t figure out how to post the picture. 

It’s from NextGen stats via Twitter.

https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1570029070498369538?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1570029070498369538%7Ctwgr%5E4ba32c132e249e167da25764e6797672d7e33502%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thecoldwire.com%2Fchart-proves-how-jamarr-chase-dominates-all-over-the-field%2F
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 02:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
This is absolutely shocking when you actually look at it. These coaches have to do a much better job of putting their players in a position to thrive. Cause this ain’t it.
They are different players,I have no problem getting play the ball to chase in the differnts way they did especially the defense , bottom line little , bad throws , burrow bailing earlly, accounted for. Finally Jefferson is more proven than Chase, he has looked frustrated and at times a bit half hearted in routes
Reply/Quote
The graphic is gross, but you didn't really need to see it to know something is off. They were consistently getting Duvernay in space against our LBs, and we're running that BS with a top 5 WR.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I don’t expect to see much change with this Offense with Taylor at the helm.It appears very similar to the way he ran it in the playoffs this past season,including the SB.Difference is,with the exception of the SB,we were barely winning,so people were OK with it.Now,they are barely losing,and that’s not OK.
Reply/Quote

The OL has been better the last few games, but he’s completely correct about the lack of variety in the routes.

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 12:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
The OL has been better the last few games, but he’s completely correct about the lack of variety in the routes.

Cooper Kupp's route tree looks a lil paltry by comparison to Diggs and Jefferson too. It still has more variation than Chase's. Stafford is also completely disinterested in anybody who isn't him, unless he panics and dumps it Higbee. Long winded way of saying the Rams offense is as sorry as ours is at the moment.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 02:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Looks like a lil kid scribbled on the picture.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2022, 09:21 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I notice JJ's are longer.  Could it be that Cousin's has more time than Burrow?

Well Jamar did catch that one short pass that one game and broke it for a long touchdown, so he only needs 5-yard routes.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2022, 12:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Was it Steve young ? During a MNF game couple years ago that was asking where's the innovation ? Where's the motion ? Where's the eye candy ? during a Bengals game. What is Zac Taylor doing ?

I forget his exact words but basically, he was saying our offense is bland and vanilla.

I'm not sure much has changed and we're in year 4 now.
Reply/Quote